Austria (56) - Portugal (36) 76 - 86

Starting Line-up
PG Rümmele
SG Dimovic
SF Dober
PF Kara
C Zangerle
Motion / 1v1

Because of the win against Latvija we gained 6 places on the WL, but that wouldn't help against an expected much stronger Portugal. But we only lost by 10 pts and we had a much stronger outside offense. The duo Kara/Zangerle is beginning to become a strong defensive couple inside. With a little bit of luck (and maybe some more effort) we could have won this.

Germany (3) - Austria (60) 50 - 0

Ai, totaly forgotten to set a line-up (and standard line-up), I'm sorry !!
Luckely this happened agains Germany, a game with an expected big loss…

Next week Iceland, a must-win game for us. Setting the line-up (and standard line-up) imidiatly

This Post:
299763.11 in reply to 299763.8
Date: 07/01/2019 15:26:16
Flexible Flamingo's
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dutch Knicks
Summary of the final three games....

Iceland (74) - Austria (59) 97 - 80
This was a must-win game.... But we failed… Iceland had strong defensive ratings, and our offense wasn't good enough.

A game to forget..

Austria (62) - Wales (95) 117 - 56
Small change in the line-up made a lot of difference. Kempf on SF was hot with 28 pts. Strong outside offense against a weak defense of Wales made us double there score....

Austria (60) - Switzerland (50) 87 - 61
With a small chance to reach the 4th place, we had to win against Switzerland, and Latvia had to lose with big numbers of Portugal. We did our job. Both teams went all-in, but we have the Parrot-twins. Strong game of the duo Dober/Kempf (21 and 14 pts.) and in rebounding we also did a great job. And with Latvia loosing 119 - 67 to Portugal, we passed them on the ranking to finish 4th.

Recap
Finishing 4th before Latvia is a great result in this group. But overall there are some dissapointments. First of all i never should forget to make a line-up in the Germany-game. Secondly the game against Iceland we should have won. I might have chosen the wrong tactics, but that can happen. However, both wouldn't change the result of finishing 4th as 'best of the rest'

Now a few friendly's before we start with probably my last season....

Thanx all for traing and see you in S47