BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
300580.2 in reply to 300580.1
Date: 08/15/2019 17:47:55
Triple-Double
IV.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Question for candidates, but also curious about teemo's findings:

What are the most important skills to have in a successful 3/2 at the different positions?

This Post:
300580.3 in reply to 300580.2
Date: 08/15/2019 18:29:44
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know how to navigate the discord chat. As a returning BB manager, I was stunned by the abandonment of the offsite. It contains some of our most extensive history on training, scouting and developing players, and delegated accountability for the NT. I maybe just sound like an old fart, but our old regime of managers really knew what it took to push the envelope on analyzing the data of our countries players, tactics and opponents tactics.

My real question to the candidates is are we scouting our players and oppositions player thoroughly?

Last edited by Montegu at 08/15/2019 18:29:58

This Post:
300580.4 in reply to 300580.2
Date: 08/15/2019 18:48:13
Overall Posts Rated:
What are the most important skills to have in a successful 3/2 at the different positions?

OD everywhere, even with the boost. More OD on bigs to guard corner 3s. Higher SB on the bigs for when they help on drives. Some RB is lost compared to M2M so can’t have too low there.

I once had a team with 1757 players and was $25,835,360 in debt. This is not that team. Join the Discord group open to anyone, but especially for USA managers to improve your club or get involved with the U21 and NT programs (https://discord.gg/cKpNkt2).

This Post:
300580.5 in reply to 300580.3
Date: 08/15/2019 19:01:38
Overall Posts Rated:
I understand the apprehension at the Discord since it does lack an overall organization into threads like the offsite, or even here onsite. It does however work extremely well for game preps and chats. The offsite isn’t necessarily abandoned, the old training threads and training plans still exist, as do the player database and training estimator. The old site went down and was resurrected in a new form that probably just needs explained where everything is again. I find things at times that I thought were lost too.

Speaking to the accountability of the old regime of managers, a lot of our staff communication died during Sahand’s tenure. By a lot, I really mean all of it. Besides what I pointed out in my speech, a success from my first term was the vast increase in the amount of communication among those involved with the NT. That’s a big reason that I invite you and others there so we can at least help you to the necessary channels for NT involvement, or as I said in my speech to BB-Mail me so I can keep the specific discussions going and continue the regrowth of our community.

To the question of scouting, yes we are. Our offsite has a database where managers are invited to log in so that their USA players are automatically logged and updated. We also have a spreadsheet for use, specifically at the beginning of the season and for communicating pregame lineups, GS, and callup options that I personally update at the beginning of the season. For opposition scouting, the small but growing growing group of managers involved with the NT did well when involved, but growing that number of involved managers is a necessity to continue.

That’s a lot for a response ha but I hope that answered your question/s.

Last edited by khenry at 08/15/2019 19:03:04

I once had a team with 1757 players and was $25,835,360 in debt. This is not that team. Join the Discord group open to anyone, but especially for USA managers to improve your club or get involved with the U21 and NT programs (https://discord.gg/cKpNkt2).
This Post:
300580.9 in reply to 300580.8
Date: 08/15/2019 19:25:46
Overall Posts Rated:
I’ll be a guest on your podcast. And while there I’ll roast sixth for his GS management.