BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Ask Marin Anything!

Ask Marin Anything!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
305658.26 in reply to 305658.25
Date: 08/15/2020 15:11:21
Overall Posts Rated:
1. What happened to BB-Simone? If he's gone for good, does he plan to get another helping hand for development from the userbase?

2. Can he get quotes to improve the front end of the game and let us know the cost for:
- Making the website either responsive (preferable) or adaptive and generally mobile friendly
- Getting a working viewer for mobile devices
- Redoing the forum interface
- Redoing the chat interface (possibly to have it accessible not just under the viewer)

3. All the stuff in 2 has nothing to do do with the GE and the back end processes (daily updates, training and whatnot). Is he willing to let someone else work on the front end?

This Post:
305658.30 in reply to 305658.29
Date: 08/15/2020 19:15:21
Overall Posts Rated:
The schedule follows the simplest possible template actually.

Teams 1-4 v teams 5-8 for the first 4 games, then among themselves in the next 3 games. This is why it seems like there are clusters of teams playing against each other more or less at the same time.

The easier fix for the schedule would be to play interconference games last, so the advantage from the first third of the season would last for fewer weeks.

This Post:
305658.32 in reply to 305658.31
Date: 08/15/2020 19:27:52
Overall Posts Rated:
No I used 1-4 as a placeholder. I could have said A-D or Red1, Red2, Red3, Red4, catch my drift? The same 4 teams rotate against the same other 4 teams in the first 4 games. That's why week 2 (game 2 and 3) is the only week when everyone in the league has a home and an away game exactly. Then, once that rotation is over A-D play against each other...which is why it looks like the same teams are playing each other in the last 3 games (they are!).

Interconference is also done the simplest way, since you have all the teams in the same conference play home or away at the same time. It's like those first 4 games but with 16 teams instead of 8.

Oh and there is indeed one schedule that is the worst possible and it's the team with this sequence A-HA-HA-HA and there is one per conference; second worst is A-HA-HH-AA (I have the opposite of this schedule in England, which means I've had the second best schedule possible, money-wise). This is reversed in the last 3rd of the season when the schedule is the opposite and the team that had the worst schedule at the beginning, now has the best one. Too bad they played catch up with gate receipts for like 9 weeks.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 08/15/2020 19:52:22

Advertisement