305935.2 in reply to 305935.1
Date: 09/09/2020 15:23:18
Arsenal 98
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stamford Snow Leopards
Hmmmm, a speech. Can I keep it short?

I'm one of the most active users in England on BB I believe for a start, I spend too many hours here as it is (with this dumb flawed game, but I guess it got it's hooks in years ago, and while it's still around, maybe I am too). I'll just re-direct my attention from browsing the transfer list for 50 players I'm never going to buy because the price isn't what I like, to monitoring player development and messaging people. Happy to neglect my own teams if necessary for a bit and plan to focus on training some more England players myself when any interesting ones become available.

I think I'm up there tactically? (lack of predictions in the latest finals aside apparently!) got my Utopia team to division 1 last year and only just got relegated with a 9-13 record, I finished stronger than I started and ended up on the much tougher side of the conference so was unlucky there I think. Won a few English cups and am yet to get relegated...I'm pretty happy to be flexible and work around whatever players I have available / have a go at exploiting the opposition.

I like scouting too? Ask Gully about my recent preview of my division on Hardwood (http://onlinecollegebasketball.org - as an aside, that's a nice game. College basketball based, focused on recruiting players...it's actually transparent and get's updated if the users have a good idea or something needs fixing! If you sign up let me know and I can give you some starting tips, but this is for another thread...)

Have learnt a lot from the likes of Vecx and Lemon over the years (as well as my own experience) regarding training and player skills we should be looking for so should have a solid base of knowledge to work from.

What can you expect from me if I win? Firstly I want to get a proper overview of the future potential NTs - I get the impression maybe this hasn't been done that much by either Vecx or Mr JJ recently (I have no idea, and no offence, but you can tell a certain amount by the news and how many players are called up / scouted). I want to go right down to the 18 year old freshly drafted players of MVP+ potential to create a database and see if I can get a training plan going with that manager.

I only ran the u21s for 2 seasons, but that database was hundreds of players deep - I failed at doing a lot with it in the end, but in this case where I only need to focus on a more limited pool of potential players I feel it'd be easier.

Our NT ranking seems to have slipped a bit (again, no offence!) quite likely due to the limits of the pool of available players, etc? Due to this the first few seasons might be tough on the results front, but I've got no intentions of quitting if the results don't go right - as long as everyone else is on board then a slow build with the short term goal of getting the NT ranking back to at least the 30s would make future games and potential qualification a bit easier?

That was long and not a sexy speech, I lack Klopp's natural affability, but maybe I can do an Arteta (does this make Vecx Gully or Lemon Guardiola - i won't enquire about your particular folicular situations to find out who that might be) just get the small details and decisions right (we're playing out from the back lads! I'm yet to identify our Auba...) so in the end everyone gets on board and we upset Germany, Greece and France one day? I don't like this end of speech much but y'know.

Any questions? Let's head to that thread.

Last edited by Bergkamp at 09/09/2020 15:30:18