305944.2 in reply to 305944.1
Date: 09/08/2020 08:18:44
Heywood Big Dogs
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Heywood Lions
G'day all,
After spending the last four or five seasons hanging around the Aussie NT and Under-21 teams I'm throwing my hat in the ring to step into the big shoes of our departing coach and Canadian friend, LordWoody. Before I go any further I want to give due credit to Woody, who has put a staggering amount of time into the Aussie NT team over recent seasons and leaves it in good shape.

I've got something to offer this position. I've been playing the game for a long time now but in recent seasons have honed in a lot more on the finer points of it. I want to make sure the progress made by the might Aussie unit doesn't slip away now that Woody is moving on. I also think it's time we had an Aussie based coach running the National Team again.
I'm a numbers and stats man. Outside of this game I've been a successful coach in a couple of sports and run large sports clubs. I know how to communicate and negotiate with people to achieve a goal - and from what I've seen that is essential to managing a National side. I've also worked in sports media for more than a decade and I plan to make sure if nothing else the coming season is entertaining and the communication levels are high.

I believe in working with the managers of the players in line for a spot in the team and taking on board feedback - this would not be a one-man show if I was in charge. We have an excellent Under-21 program in place under Whitewind and after a few seasons working with him to develop a couple of National players myself (who've both won MVPs at National level) I know we can make a great team.

Am I a perfect coach? Not yet. Will I be scientific about the process to learn from the losses and build the strongest program and campaign possible? Absolutely.
Our squad right now is pretty good and there are some guys coming through that in a season or two should make it stronger. All I'm asking is a chance to build on the work that's already been done and together we can see how high we can fly the Aussie flag.

Vote coach Deano: You know it makes sense.