BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > U21 National Team Speeches

U21 National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
307176.5 in reply to 307176.1
Date: 12/22/2020 18:37:34
Flashover
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Reuben Jones 2.0
Saving the best for the last,

I'm GForce03 and I've decided that I'll run for a 2nd term as U21 Coach.

A little bit about my BB history, I started playing in season 8 and throughout 1300+ games, I have accumulated a 65.99% winning record, while it may not be the highest in the entire BB community, I am confident to say I know a few things about this game.

I will say that my first term was a very steep learning curve, however with each experience came valuable lessons that I've gained and now hold in my arsenal for my next term, of course voters willing. I want to give special recognition to all my staff for helping guide me through the tumultuous Americas Championship, where we overcame significant odds to qualify for the Worlds stage. And also to the trainers who made outstanding players such as Kristopher Stanley, Tito Caudillo, Aminu Okoro, amongst many many others who I have to give credit to. I wouldn't even have had the opportunity to fumble the bag in the semifinals if it wasn't for the talented group of players that we've had.

About that semifinal. I want this to be the last time I have to explain such a thing to the community. We as a staff came to the conclusion that we thought Italy would have double guessed us considering how dominant LI offense is. We collectively weighed our options and chose to run Inside Isolation and Man. One concept I take very to the heart is the fact that I want everyone to share their opinions, whether they've played this game for 30 seasons or they've played this game for 30 days. However, I want to take full responsibility for our loss so please stop harassing my staff or other managers for the loss. What we can do as a unit is moving forward, adapt to whatever BB throws at us, and run with it. Now we have presented a direction in which we must choose; surrender and wave the white flag or come back with a vengeance. We are ready to lead the next wave of trainees to the promised land. We've made talented rosters after talented rosters and we will do so again.

'Murica!