Project SGNT : Guide to save NT pool

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/21/2020 04:58:08
LionDash
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi all. After discuss with current U21 coach [buzzerbeater], I decided to come out a project to save our NT.

Background
Currently SGT has a great number of big man pool. Especially for PF.
Our number no.1 currently sit top 21 best player in asia, top 100 in the world.
Our guys has been doing a great job in producing the talent.

However, for the backcourt, other than Ong wan which is a 100k young player, we have nothing left.
Not even 30years old dude are deserves for starting spot.

There where we need your help.

Solution.
We have people committed or say professional in training big man.
However we need people who can produce strong guards too.

What NT need ..

Min 80k guard with 1 or 2 skill above prodigious
or
single skill phenomenal level.

For big man, min 100k to have a chance to slot inside the NT roster.

Summary things I looking for.
PG (Key)
Passing - stupendous or better
OD - prodigious or better
Handing - stupendous or better

SG(Key)
Shooting - stupendous or better
Range - prodigious or better
OD - stupendous or better

SF(Key)
Driving - stupendous or better
Shooting - stupendous or better

PF(Key)
Inside Shot - stupendous or better
Inside ID - prodigious or better

C(Key)
Rebounding - prodigious or better
Inside ID - stupendous or better

..Special..
Has a special skillset player that is not normal? why not, let me know. See how I can work some magic on the team.
I like player who are 2 or 3 dimension kind than a one kind player. Meaning able to player other postion.
There where the fun part comes.

** U21 - from U21 Coach
U21 requirements:

Point Guard:
OD/HA/DR/PA at sensational.
OD is a must (requirement might even go up as the season goes). Other 3 skills might be slightly lower.

Shooting Guard:
JS/OD/HA/DR: tremendous
JR: prominent
IS/ID is a bonus.

Small Forward:
OD+ID/JS+IS: 18, minimum cut off at strong. Meaning if your OD is strong (8), you need prominent (10) ID to balance it out.

Power Forward:
IS/ID: sensational
JS/RB: prominent
OD is a bonus.

Center:
IS/ID/RB: Sensational
SB is a bonus.

Special archetypes will also be a bonus. Note that the above skillsets are just a guideline, and is something you can aim for. It does not meant that your player is guaranteed a place in the U21 if you hit these requirements. If you have a player whom you feel can make the U21 and have not received a BB-Mail from me, do drop me a BB-Mail.
** U21

(FAQ)
Q. I want to help, how should i start?
A. Great! important is to scout a good player. Best if you can find someone with mvp potential and start training those important skill.

Q. I am a trader, I have no time to train.
A. No Problem sir! You can get those great local player and bring them under your care. To win other team, we need to have a good game shape.

Q. I dont get the game engine, my player cant pop!
A. You may want to check out the training guide, at forum - > Help - > buzzerbeater guide and read from page 1.

Q. I hate reading! I wan to get on the helping part.
A. Yes Sir! simply talk to current U21 head coach for guideline and guide. He is a great advisor.

Q. What happen you are not the NT coach?
A. Well someone, someday will take over. I will still do my part producing quality guards :)

Last edited by LDS at 01/22/2021 05:13:27

To: LDS
This Post:
307639.2 in reply to 307639.1
Date: 12/21/2020 08:02:24
Overall Posts Rated:

However, for the backcourt, other than Ong wan which is a 100k young player, we have nothing left.
Not even 30years old dude are deserves for starting spot.

wow. once i spotted a good prospect i'll release my trainees. not easy to train wingmen :(

This Post:
307639.3 in reply to 307639.2
Date: 12/21/2020 21:48:00
LionDash
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
wingman is harder to train and rarer. but the reward is good cause market hardly have good wingman😂😂

This Post:
307639.4 in reply to 307639.1
Date: 12/26/2020 08:35:51
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you for getting the ball rolling LDS

As my final season of the term was concluding, I felt it might not be that appropriate to suddenly step up and make noise, especially when I have been pretty quiet throughout the season (sorry about that everyone, I suddenly had increased commitments so I wasn't too active).

Anyway, to add onto the training guide shared by LDS, here is a training guide that is great to use:
(295510.1)

The training guide above takes elastic effects into account.

For newer players, elastic effects are like a rubber band - if you train one skill too far away from the other skills, it will slow down (imagine stretching a rubber band, it should be harder and harder to stretch the more you stretch it). However, the lower skills will increase in training speed in order to catch up with the higher skill (imagine letting go of the other end of the rubber band, the further you stretched, the faster the rubber band will constrict right?). This was implemented after a few seasons of BB to discourage monoskilled players. It is more beneficial to use elastic effects to speed up training than to change training after every pop, even though your player might seem a bit unbalanced at the start.