Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
308943.15 in reply to 308943.14
Date: 05/08/2021 02:19:08
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Im sure Otons GS will improve we can manage for now but in the next round lets do a better job with GS. We are a nation of 211 active teams compared to Malaysia with 15 active teams. Granted only a small population or roughly 10% percent train u21/NT players we are a big nation compared to Malaysia. The problem here is Malaysia is at par (or even better) with us in talent.

We are recruiting more trainers who have a good heart who can manage having a u21/nt player in their roster for a good many seasons. So im calling out the more veteran teams to do their part. Hindi ko muna iaasa sa bagong teams they are still struggling with competing ang managing their finances. Training 1 or 2 players is not a big deal in your league progression. We have to carry that burden for now for the good of the program. My own trainees are maturing and it cost me a few seasons in div 2 im back to Div 1 not a big deal for me.

So i hope some of the vets can PM coaches Jeorge and Morwood or draft well next season and beyond. We need all the help we can. One of our best u21 trainers is currently in the PPL competing in div 1 so we are proud to have someone relatively new to the game and effectively train for Seniors. If he can do it i am sure the other vets can do it.

Last edited by Ob1 at 05/08/2021 02:36:57

Message deleted
This Post:
308943.17 in reply to 308943.15
Date: 05/15/2021 22:02:29
Industrial Engineering
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
NT Press Release:
Pilipinas defeats Indonesia, 99-83

The Pilipinas Panthers continue their win streak in the Asian Championship Tournament, beating Indonesia, 99-83.

Gabriel Hosillos led the Filipinos with 19 points, but shot a poor 25% from the field. He made up for it by converting 13 of 15 free throws. “At least I know how to convert free throws,” Hosillos said after the game.

Coach Lord Woody was not impressed with the team’s performance. “The good news is we converted 94% of our free throw attempts. We have to do better in the field when we face Australia on Monday.”

This Post:
308943.18 in reply to 308943.14
Date: 05/17/2021 07:31:10
Jeorgians
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Congrats coach! Big win vs Oz!

This Post:
308943.20 in reply to 308943.19
Date: 05/17/2021 20:20:40
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Great win for us in both u21 and Seniors. On paper and real life we dont have the best team but we are maximizing the home court advantage in Seniors. The u21 game was a KO game for us in Romania even if we had the better record a loss would have meant us getting booted out of the 2nd rd now we are on to the final 8 teams for the world championships. Much love to coach Jeorge for not wasting enthusiasm on that one. Now we come in to the last 8 with really healthy enthusiasm.

As we wait for the brackets in the 2nd rd. of Seniors some of you might have noticed that we have considerably improved our world rank to #18 it could be a couple of things the highest Asian seed in consolation last season and our current performance. Everyone likes to use the word underdog but with u21 we are really a huge underdog this season along with HK last seasons Asian Champion. Same goes for Seniors, the team is gradually changing and credit to coach Morwood for trying different lineups and players as we evolve into this new GE. We just ask for continued patience and trusting the process. We are not looking at easy fixes to our programs. We always take the long view into perspective. So there maybe some games we lose down the road we just ask for everyone's continued support. We all represent 1 flag. Congrats to both coaches.

This Post:
308943.21 in reply to 308943.20
Date: 05/19/2021 01:00:52
Industrial Engineering
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
NT Press Release:
Pilipinas beats Australia, 91-74

Team Pilipinas outscored Australia in the final quarter by 24 points to win their last game in the Group A round robin pool of the Asia Championship Tournament, 91-74. Dingdong Fornoles, Ramsey Paspe, Kidlat Celebria, and Guillermo Penasales scored at least 6 points each in the final quarter to secure the win.

Australia must have gotten inspiration from the 2016 Atlanta Falcons, dominating the game for 3 quarters before collapsing in epic fashion. “I’m thinking of getting the Australian coach a Matt Ryan jersey and Dann Quinn autograph,” Coach Lord Woody said after the match. The Panthers will close out Pool A undefeated, and will join Thailand, Malaysia, Iran, Taiwan, and South Korea in Pool D of the phase of the tournament. “I like our chances in this bracket. I honestly feel we can win at least four games, and maybe upset Taiwan and Malaysia. Maybe we can win all of our matches,” Coach Lord Woody continued.

The Panthers face 34th ranked Iran in their next match.

This Post:
308943.23 in reply to 308943.22
Date: 06/04/2021 01:06:47
O-Beshimi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Our next Senior game is against Hanguk last time we faced them we lost on the road against a CT season 50 (56383)
obviously you were not coaching then and you had nothing to do with that loss. Just like to remind everyone thats how bad we were when we were ranked in the mid 40's.

To sustain our improvement we need more trainers some have even bought supporter to increase the training slots and extend to the second team. If you are already in touch with our coaches no need to reply. Im hoping we could get 3-5 more people heavily invested in training and development. Your training slots and draft picks are what we need. I know there are more trainers out there. Step up with us, its time.

This Post:
308943.24 in reply to 308943.23
Date: 06/06/2021 08:59:40
Industrial Engineering
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Pilipinas NT Report:
Panthers stun Taiwan, 106-95

Dingdong Fornoles scored 39 points to lead the Pilipinas Panthers win against Taiwan, 106-95.

This was a pleasant surprise for the Filipinos, who outhustled the Taiwanese (+10 in rebounds, +4 in steals) throughout the match. “I came in and did my part. What’s important is we win all of our games so we can finish this round with no loss”, Fornoles said after the game.

With the victory against Taiwan, all that’s left now for the Panthers is to win against Malaysia. “I really think we can do it, but I wouldn’t want to be complacent. We still have to face South Korea and Thailand”, Coach Lord Woody said in a text message. “That being said, I am happy with what we’ve accomplished. We have a shot in sweeping this round, and hopefully face Indonesia in the cross-over semifinals.”

When asked to comment about Indonesia’s run, Coach Lord Woody said “Well, we won against them last time, so look forward to meeting them in the next round.”

Advertisement