BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
311723.2 in reply to 311723.1
Date: 10/06/2021 13:58:49
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Question to all interested candidates:

It's of no question it seems USA is lacking. I've been off-and-on involved with the staff for numerous years so I get to see what's going on behind the scenes. From a new user/outsider perspective though, I want to see what you as a candidate think the problems are with the USA and what you might be able to mitigate those issues going forward in your term(s) as NT Manager

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
This Post:
311723.4 in reply to 311723.1
Date: 10/07/2021 23:12:47
Wasted Potential
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hazards to Society
To all candidates:

As someone who hasn't ever been involved with the National Team in the past, I have to comment that it is very hard to find any discussion whatsoever about the national team and very hard to feel involved or care about its success. I know the forums have nothing, but even on the discord the National Team is rarely mentioned. When this season ended in a very disappointing loss I expected to see some conversation regarding it (I assume the staff had talks among each other) but found nothing.

I think that while most users will never have a current national team player on their roster, getting as many USA users as possible interested in the national team would be very beneficial. Div III and IV teams make up the majority of US users and thus draft the majority of National Team prospects. They may be more inclined to train them or at least sell them if they had some sort of interaction with the national team prior.

Thus my question to candidates is how would you go about drawing more interest to the National Team? I know that scouts send out BB-mails to individual players and while this may help people to train, it doesn't seem like it should be the primary way to draw interest into the National Team. How would you get more users involved or at least interested?

This Post:
311723.5 in reply to 311723.2
Date: 10/07/2021 23:51:39
ETBU Tigers
IV.23
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dr. of Dubanomics
Seeing up close how much discussion takes place with our U21 squad the big difference I see is that there are 3-4 official coaches that help G. I think moving forward we’d benefit from announcing some managers that can officially be on our USA NT staff. There were weeks where we had quite a bit of discussion and some weeks it was silent. I updated the depth chart every Friday morning and usually tagged everyone on discord about the initial thoughts for the games. A collaborative effort is desperately needed. It’s also worth mentioning that it appears that veteran managers are backing away from involvement in the game which has also hurt.

This Post:
311723.6 in reply to 311723.4
Date: 10/07/2021 23:56:37
ETBU Tigers
IV.23
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dr. of Dubanomics
I think the key is communicating with those managers on where we see the NT going. Obviously I’ve only served in 1 term that ended in a gold and then disappointment. Keeping more tabs on some of our up and comers can keep those managers invested in the long term development of NT players. That can also draw them into game planning and overall discussion about where we are going. We discover 5-7 new players that weren’t in the pipeline previously and so we had no input in the direction of our builds. I’ve noticed there was quite a bit of overlap in a lot of our builds which limits our options as well.