BuzzerBeater Forums

BB England > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
311762.9 in reply to 311762.8
Date: 10/08/2021 06:01:03
Leeds City Ballers
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Question to both candidates.

What do you feel is the key to continuing the progress Bergkamp has been making in regards to the work rankings climb? How do you see the next two seasons looking for the NT?

This Post:
311762.10 in reply to 311762.9
Date: 10/08/2021 07:22:46
BC Žalgiris -
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Žaliai Balti -
Hey!

We have strong squad,the most Imporant we can compete with everyone.
Key Of climbing rankings Is manager,all depends on decision,every mistake cost you points,meaning of this you can't do mistakes while you NT manager,you have to know when play TIE,.and Crunch..
understand who's your opponents. Visualise standings end of competion. If you take wrong decisions means without enthuasiasm you won't go far, So important!! another key Is GS pick the right players to play.

Manager has to dedicate loads of time In communication with owners of NT players. You have to have their support keep GS high as possible whole season.

What I learned being of Iran manager how to choose your attitude In every game. Must have plan and follow, there's no time for testing beginning of season,so from game 1 you need to look every game carefully.

This perdiod Of NT reminds me of S44-48 Vecx (91095) started,than GM-BORA (70747) bring Us to top 14. Right decisions was made and NT Rise!!
Is perfect example Bora took back Turkey NT from S53-54..and he bring his NT to final.

I see In next two seasons (at least) our NT climb In rankings, we have u-21 In perfect hands,future players join NT with well maintained skill sum. JS8 has popular ranking so he must do good Influence for people prepare players to NT.

My goal would be bring NT to top NT'S where our place belong. As It was years back.

Kinds Regards,
Vy

Last edited by Vycka at 10/08/2021 07:25:04

This Post:
311762.11 in reply to 311762.9
Date: 10/08/2021 07:43:39
Team Nook
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Team Nook Yellow
Bergkamp has done an impressive job over the past 4 seasons, and I think a lot of this has been his attention to defence. In his first season (S51) we conceded over 100 points in every competitive game apart from 1 (in which we conceded 98). In this past season we conceded less than 100 points in every game, even against BB powerhouse Lithuania. I would hope to continue this trend and continue to produce great defenders.

As for the future, I think we lack some key parts which would drastically improve the team, and that is big guys. Other then Barral we lack any good NT level bigs. Obviously I don't know the exact skills of any NT player as I only see them on the TL. We have some very good young bigs (Thomas, currently on TL, Franks and Cassell) who are close to NT level but aren't quite there yet. We have a couple of good bigs in Dolan and Carey but they don't come close to the bigs the top teams have at their disposal. I would look to work with managers to help us develop more high quality bigs so that we have a more balanced squad. Hank Easton has been a great C for us over the years but at age 34 we can't rely on him forever.

We have a lot of high quality guards/SFs to work with that are at a good age to be good for at least a few more season. To add to that, we have a lot of very good guards still developing so we are good on the perimeter for a while yet. This does not mean I would abandon the guard development, as it is very important this continues. I see this as a massive stregnth in our programme and we should do whatever we can to continue it.

I’ve had a look at the draw we’ve got this season and it looks pretty tough to crack the top 2. Bosnia look better than us who we would need to beat to finish 2nd. Although I wouldn’t say it’s impossible to for us to win if we’re at full strength. I’d be aiming for a 3rd place finish ahead of Finland as more more realistic target.

Last edited by arrowspg5 at 10/08/2021 08:15:14

This Post:
311762.12 in reply to 311762.10
Date: 10/08/2021 19:18:13
Tide of Fire
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Best contribution I ever made to the NT was Innes lol - question... how are we going to create a golden generation?

This Post:
311762.14 in reply to 311762.12
Date: 10/09/2021 01:30:11
Team Nook
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Team Nook Yellow
I’ve seen that guys name dominating the NT stats leaderboards. He must have been incredible.

As for a new golden generation, it’s down to a big commitment from lots of managers. We have a very talented bunch of 18 year old rookies this season so the potential for a great crop of players is possible, but it relays on managers to either train themselves or sell on to someone who is wanting to train. This is something that both the u21 and NT coaches need to contact these managers and help them decide the best course of action for them. Communication between NT coaches (and u21 coaches) and the community is the best way to try and encourage the best youngsters to get trained.

Having worked with the u21s for the past 2 seasons I’ve seen the best young players we’re developing and we do have some very good talent coming through. A few players I’m high on are Franks and Cassell for future bigs and I would be excited to work with there coaches to get them to an elite level. We also have quite a few guards/SFs that are on their way to NT level who I’m equally excited to see develop.

To make it all happen, it’s starts at age 18 so having the NT and u21 coaches working closely together is crucial.

This Post:
311762.15 in reply to 311762.12
Date: 10/09/2021 11:25:56
BC Žalgiris -
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Žaliai Balti -
Vecx,I’ve checked your hall of fame and hoping to see his skills on his peak. Sadly he still alive hahs
Do you have SS of his tsp?

I’ve looked back In seasons our NT was top 15!
nice to be bring them back On stage!!
Well we have some manager’s who enjoy training and prep for NT.Like Stinklemons,RonsoAdonai. That would be awesome If we would have more managers In our community so dedicated about growing England NT players.
The projects with utopian teams would be perfect idea for every1. Especially now
when we have double nationalities from Utopian teams,even more players with high tsp. So If we’d start from now,lets say 10managers of each 3England players..after 6-7seasons probably could have way more options of choosing players to our NT. But It’s always easy to say but more difficult to make It true.

Regards,
Vy

Last edited by Vycka at 10/09/2021 11:27:20

This Post:
311762.16 in reply to 311762.15
Date: 10/10/2021 02:05:44
Team Nook
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Team Nook Yellow
Last day of voting!

Any final questions?

This Post:
311762.17 in reply to 311762.16
Date: 10/10/2021 06:28:44
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
I don't have any questions, but just wanted to say best of luck to both candidates and thanks for all the detailed responses. I've learnt a bit more about the history of the England NT and some of our former star players.