311770.2 in reply to 311770.1
Date: 10/04/2021 22:51:44
Heywood Big Dogs
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Heywood Lions
G'day Aussie community,
I'd like to nominate myself for another term in the hot seat. The Aussie squad is in a transition phase at the moment as we see some of our older bigs moving out of the squad and I'd like to continue the work I've been doing on bringing the next crop of younger players in. If elected this will be my third term as National Manager, which I'm really proud of.
Our Aussie squad continues to punch above it's weight - right now we are ranked 16th in the world and I'm fully expecting that to possibly move up a little after this morning's scrimmage win over top-8 performer from this year's World Cup, Belgium.
Something I'm trying to make a point of as National Manager is checking in with the newer players to the game or the guys in division 3 to see if they want help with training plans to get their high potential guys giving them - and our National side - value. Aside from the benefit this gives our National depth it also makes the game more enjoyable for everyone because the more players we have make it through those first tough two or three seasons by feeling they can start to compete and understand the game the more likely our Aussie community will grow, leading to more banter, better competition and ultimately a stronger National side.
Under-21 manager Whitewind and I have a good working relationship in scouting and keeping an eye on the best young talent and my goal is to keep pushing our Aussie cause and have us regularly inside that top-15 ranking in the World - which at this stage is higher than our active manager count suggests we should be.
I've also worked really hard to build and now maintain a comprehensive National Stats thread where any manager who has had a player who has suited up for Australia can check where their guy ranks for basically every stat the game engine measures, from steals to points difference, even points per minute and fouls. I've put time into this because I know there are a lot of stat heads who love this game and I thought it might add something to the mix for you guys.
I hope the community sees fit to give me another crack at it, but even if as a community we decide to go in another direction I'll be on board doing what I can to keep pushing the cause for Aussie success.
Enjoy the game, team, and hopefully vote for Deano!