BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Indonesia > U21 National Team Speeches

U21 National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
313039.2 in reply to 313039.1
Date: 01/17/2022 11:30:10
Бесни Цветићи
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mad Mamba Academy
Hi guys,

Let me sum up the past two seasons in Indonesia U21 National team.

What is common for both seasons is that we don't have two-way communication and I am really sorry about that. I am writing posts and, especially in the first season I was writing BB mails to a lot of guys but received only a few messages back. That, unfortunately, limits us on having better results because we can not prepare a generation for a competition which is really important.

Season 54:
We had a fine team, balanced and we could play different tactics but Indonesia in that and also in the previous season is just an average team, golden middle. Our score was 6 wins and 5 losses which is not bad if we know that we lost against teams that are in the best 20.
We lost against Taiwan (rank 20), Australia (rank 14), Honk Kong (rank 9), and twice against the Philippines (rank 6).
Our wins were against U.A.E, Singapore, Viet Nam, Nippon, Pakistan, and India, all ranked lower than us.
Could it be better? I don't think so, teams that beat us were much much better than us, and everything different than a big loss would be a real miracle.

Season 55:
Indonesia's U21 in this season was much worse than in the season before. We had some individuals but they are all power forwards or centers and we don't have a point guard. For some guys it is written that their position is PG but believe me, it is a lie. The highest passing skill was 9 in our team and it was a disaster. With all inside players, we had to play only inside tactics but there was no one to pass the ball. Also, we lacked other outside positions as well. The highest jump range was also really small and we couldn't afford to play Run and Gun or any other outside tactic. Therefore all our opponents read our play and we couldn't run away from it.
We started that season ranked 49 and finished on position 44. Our record in that season was 3 wins and 5 losses in official competition and 6 wins in scrimmages. I purposely chose weaker teams to play against in scrimmages so we will rank higher and possibly get easier opponents in season 56.
Unfortunately, our schedule was not that good. I wanted to make a surprise and win against Sverige at their court so I went with Crunch but Sverige did the same and we lost. What I could do better was the match against Rep. Dominicana but I expected an easy win and wanted to save enthusiasm for friendly matches and move our rank higher...

Now is season 56, I am a candidate for U21 coach again and would like to continue working with Indonesia U21 national team. in the next few days, I will scout all of the players to see what do we have... If you choose me again, I would like to have better communication and to try to create THE team that will be concurrent against all opponents and we must do that together!

I already created a list of all players drafted this season. We do have one of the good prospects on TL and if anyone is looking for a great inside trainee, you can check this hall of fame player (50571617).

Some statistics about the draft is that we got these potentials:
10 - 1 is 18 years old and 6 are 19 => 7 in total
9 - 7 are 18 years old and 2 are 19 => 9 in total
8 - 7 are 18 and 5 are 19 years old => 12 in total
7 - 8 are 18 and 21 is 19 years old => 29 in total
6 - 6 are 18 and 10 are 19 years old => 16 in total

If you would like me to continue working with you, vote for me

Cheers!

No guts, no glory!