Attacking Foul trouble

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
95141.10 in reply to 95141.9
Date: 08/03/2009 13:20:57
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi Charles,

I appreciate the response. Everything you said there sounds great but i can only speak for my games and the other managers i have spoken with. In my last game my best offensive player was aggressive and shot the ball in the first half and based on what i understand from you, that the GE had him taking good shots. Then in the second half he stopped shooting as he had 2 shots until the last 20 secs of the game. I have a hard time believing that he could not find SOME quality shots in the entire second half against a player who is in foul trouble.

If everything your saying is 100% accurate then i would suggest that when a player has 3+ fouls in the first 4+ in the second 5 in the second half that his defense should drop a bit more as i don't find my offensive players taking advantage against players in foul trouble.

If team choose the tactic to let them play through foul trouble then they should have to play a bit less physical on defense to make up for not trying to commit another foul.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
This Post:
95141.11 in reply to 95141.10
Date: 08/08/2009 16:30:10
Overall Posts Rated:

Hi

i have a question what is the best defence against (run and gun)

and what it is the best offence against 3-2 zone

This Post:
95141.12 in reply to 95141.11
Date: 08/08/2009 19:31:07
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, a lot of this has to do with your team, but generally if you know the other team is going to run a run and gun offense, you probalby should run a man to man or a 3-2 zone.

So, since a 3-2 zone focuses on preventing perimeter shooting, you should run some type of inside-focused offense.

Last edited by squeakrico7 at 08/08/2009 19:31:37

This Post:
95141.13 in reply to 95141.12
Date: 08/13/2009 11:00:01
Overall Posts Rated:
Here is another example and maybe the best one yet. In Israel NT game with 5:52 left in the 2nd Q Scweitz PG J. Chabernaud picked up his 5th foul. Israels 2 point guards at that point had a combined 4 points on 1-4 shooting as their PG played 15 of the first 18 minutes. He then played an incredible game from that point on as he played in 23 of the last 30 minutes without fouling again and holding his oppenets to 1-13 from the field.

I find it very difficult to believe that at a NT level you cant make a defender pay for being in foul trouble. Either his opponents should have shot a better and taken a few more shots with his defender struggling not to foul out or at some point he should have been called for his 6th and final foul.

This is one of the things that bothers me the most in this game as teams that play the tactic let them play have an advantage as i find it hard to generally take advantage of a player who is in foul trouble.

I don't know why i am getting such little feed back but would love to hear what others think about this as well.

You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when youre sittin at the table. Therell be time enough for countin when the dealins done.
This Post:
95141.14 in reply to 95141.13
Date: 08/13/2009 15:24:34
Overall Posts Rated:
what do you want to hear? that i was watching the game and was waiting to see when he will foul out? and if i remamber correct 2 of Israel player wear eventualy out in 6 fouls?

i think it is redicules some times but i can tell you that i have sean more then once players who fould out faster then the speed of lightling (my own personal record is 8 minuts on the court)

i have another problem thou concerning fouls more directly offensive fouls as of the last few games i find myself cursing the game after 4-5 offensive fouls from my own team players i was just wondering if any one think or dose know why some players tend to do alot of offensive fouls?

Get your facts firs then you can distort them as you please. Mark Twain
This Post:
95141.15 in reply to 95141.14
Date: 08/13/2009 18:25:19
Overall Posts Rated:
its not about him fouling out or not. Its the fact that his defense does not get any worse from that point on. In real life he would be on the bench. Lets forget about that for a sec. The player in foul trouble does not want to foul out so they reach abit less and the contest shots less and they are not in your face when your going to the basket. Which should mean that the opposing player should have better looks during the game which does not look like it happened n this game or allot of other games i have watched over the seasons.