National Assistant Coach

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 05/01/2023 07:52:48
B.C. Ambidexter
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
What you think about having assistant coaches for the national teams?

Because the U21 coaches of Bulgaria just make me angry all the time ....the first one was making loss after loss and then a change happened and new coach came during season - now the losses are still here but today for the match we had only 2 players on bench which makes me even more angry.

That is why this idea came to my head for assistent coaches which also can set a line-up for the matches. But I believe the interest for the national teams will be even bigger if such change happens. Also, for example new managers like me can become assistant coaches for example and to see how exactly things happen in the national teams and such managers then will be prepaired to lead the national teams.

This Post:
318671.2 in reply to 318671.1
Date: 05/01/2023 08:16:44
Spartan 300
Prva Liga BiH
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Spartan Kids
I like the Idea, would be nice +1

This is where we hold them!
This Post:
318671.3 in reply to 318671.1
Date: 05/01/2023 08:22:47
Venomous Vicious Vipers
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Veni Vidi Vicious
Yes that could be a nice feature, even more if the coach isn't available ! There should be some way to lock the lineup as the head coach though, to make sure there isn't a last minute change from the assistant.

This Post:
318671.4 in reply to 318671.3
Date: 05/01/2023 08:36:01
B.C. Ambidexter
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Also 1 thing came to my head - if there is assistant coach in national teams - it will be very good idea to have live chat between coach and assistant ..for better and easier communication. I mean, it is possible to write private messages but it will be easier with something like "chat wall" where you have blank field to put some text there and then just pressing "enter" and information goes to the chat wall with date and time of sending......and when you have something on the national team chat wall - a red flag to appear for the other manager ......as now appears when you have private messages ....the same type but for the national team chat wall :)

And information on this chat wall will not disappear unless the coach or assistant delete their own messages. Maybe it will be good to have option to delete all the messages from the chat wall at the end of mandate.

This Post:
318671.6 in reply to 318671.1
Date: 05/01/2023 10:04:13
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
If possible something like this would be a good idea, as a lot of this stuff is currently done informally.

However I don't think it solves the problem you are supposedly having with your own U21 team. If an U21 manager isn't setting proper line-ups then they probably aren't going to appoint assistant managers to help them. Unless you are talking about electing assistant coaches via community vote, which I wouldn't be a fan of.

In the end if a "bad" person gets elected then it is going to cause issues, and it's hard to avoid that. All you can do is try to persuade the community to elect someone better next time. Or in the meantime find another nation where you can learn while helping them build their national team.

This Post:
318671.7 in reply to 318671.6
Date: 05/01/2023 10:33:12
sheert devils
III.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
sheert devils II
Yes, I completely agree with you. I wouldn't want anyone interfere with my job if I become a NT manager.

This Post:
318671.8 in reply to 318671.6
Date: 05/01/2023 10:52:46
B.C. Ambidexter
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
The coach and the assistant have to work together, so only coach will choose the assistant. And, btw ......if a coach doesn't want assistant or doesn't trust anyone - he will not be forced to put one. He can be the chosen one, the one and only and just lead the team without assistant ;) But if I become coach for example ...I want to have assistant and discuss with him with the type of chat I mentioned about.

And about my country you are wrong ...because if the coach has no good results - I wonder if the problem is the coach or if the problem are players :) When the coach put assistant then we can see different opinion and we can judge better where the problem is exactly. Even he can change 2 assistants and to see 2 more different pisitions over the qualities of the team for example.

Also, for example our new coach doesn't write in the forums ....so we may want him to put an assistant who will be more active in the forums for example.

Also one positive - with assistant it's a little bit more like a team job ..and I think it could also form better local communities in the game.

This Post:
318671.9 in reply to 318671.8
Date: 05/01/2023 12:02:10
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't think it's a practical suggestion. What's the main aim of this suggestion? What are you trying to solve?

From your first post it sounds like you're not happy with the people elected into the U21. But then you give them power to select their own assistant coaches, which (even worse) is optional. Doesn't sound like it would change a thing. Your new NT coach doesn't write in forums, and it sounds like he doesn't even set lineups some times, why would he even elect an assistant who will write forum posts for him?

The "different opinion" thing won't work either. What happens if the NT coach does not agree with the assistant? Will the assistant be able to force his way by sending in the lineup 16 minutes before game time?

Not sure if you're aware, but some NTs have scouts, some communities have open tactical discussions on their NT matches. All these are already happening, so there's really no need for an optional assistant coach feature. If your NT coach doesn't already have an assistant or scout working with him, or if he's not already discussing with another user on how to play the next game, chances are he won't have anyone to fill that slot as well.

Also, for example new managers like me can become assistant coaches for example and to see how exactly things happen in the national teams and such managers then will be prepaired to lead the national teams.

You can already do this now. Approach the NT/U21 manager, ask if they need a scout. If they don't, try approaching NT managers of other countries. Plus, if your local NT/U21 doesn't have match reports, write for them. It'll put you in the spotlight, increasing your chance to win an election in the future. This is probably the best way to get NT exposure as a new manager.

This Post:
318671.10 in reply to 318671.9
Date: 05/01/2023 12:30:41
B.C. Ambidexter
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I am just giving arguments and possible options so everyone to have the right option for himself :) I just told in the first comment how the need of assistant came into my head... but them if I want some kind of change I don't think only for myself but also to be good for more people. So, for me more options is better than no options. I have no problem between coaches with assistants and coaches without assistants - you just have this option available and you decide if you want assistant.

Just some people work better all alone ..and other are more communicative, so that's why I prefer assistant to be optional.

Also, of course assistant can change the line-up. That's one of the reasons for assistant! If assistant see that the coach missed to put line-up for the match, the assistant can do it. Also, assistant can make tactics for friendlies and give the coach a little bit of rest. Also, they can decide which functions to have the coach and the assistant. It is possible assistant to communicate with development of players for example.

Assistant just make the things at another level for me. It gives you many more options and I don't see a problem at all. I even don't understand why you have problem with this topic so much. If assistant change the line-up for a game without your permission, you will just fire him as assistant. It is more than obvious the coach is the main person, and assistant just helps and supports. You will put assistant you can trust right? If you don't trust anyone - just don't put assistant.

Also, if a coach goes to hospital or something, he can give the rights to his assistant to lead the team until he comes back.

And maybe you have topics in forums and some nations discuss everything there, but assistant gives you different options and possibilities. And you can change 10 assistants during mandate. It's decision of the coach.

I think it will make national teams more attractive than now.

This Post:
318671.11 in reply to 318671.10
Date: 05/01/2023 21:55:12
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Assistant just make the things at another level for me. It gives you many more options and I don't see a problem at all. even don't understand why you have problem with this topic so much.

Don't take this personally, I hope you understand that not everyone is going to agree to your views, especially one made on a whim without much understanding of the game. Look at it as an opportunity to elaborate and expand your suggestion further.

That said, I am just pointing out the redundancy of your suggestion, as most "benefits" you listed out are replicable as it is. So far the only "plus point" you brought up was the ability to set lineups, which, like I mentioned, is a two way sword. In overall, I don't see it moving any needles or improving this game in any way other than in the very rare chance something bad happens to the NT coach. It's not worth the resources spent to implement a feature which doesn't have much impact. This is one thing you have to keep in mind when pushing for a suggestion - for this suggestion to work, you might need an extra page for NT settings, they also need to program it so that NT coaches can grant other users NT coach permissions on demand. All that for saving a rare chance that the NT coach forgets to set the lineup or being admitted into the hospital? In case you're afraid of NT coaches going inactive, iirc there's already a feature which replaces them when their team goes bot.

To add on to convincing people why this feature is important, you might also want to discuss about what else the assistant can do. Will they be able to call up players? Will they have full access to NT coach features, or less? If they have the same powers, what differentiates them from the main NT coach then?

Again, I hope you don't take this negative, but rather take this as a chance to look at your suggestion in depth and improve it into something useful.