This Post:
109686.165 in reply to 109686.164
Date: 09/19/2009 18:22:41
BC Hostivaƙ
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
First, I would like to introduce to everyone. I'm manager of the first Czech B3 semifinalist (second is bik_76).
I would like to say some of my feelings of new changes. But my feelings can be changed in few weeks, those are feeling after playing only one week with this changes.

1) I'm still little bit scared of new attendance formula, I will monitor it very precisely. But I'm little bit worry that one season of possibility of decreasing the stadium shouldn't be enough. Maybe possibility to decrease and get 50% of costs back starting from next season should satisfy me. Or let the possibility of immediate effect of changing ticket price for whole season or at least one month later. 3 league home match are not enough for experiments, balancing the prices and deciding for decrease the capacity.

2) I don't want to compare team from smaller and big countries but team in one country. I'm not sure how many effect already influence first new merchandise incomes but it look like you give advantage to some manager strategies. I know some points you mentioned first time 2 season ago (start of season 8), but it looks like managers which trained your drafted players starting from season 5 (first players with higher potential) now are the happiest one. (Many managers of Czech D1 gave me his numbers for this week.)
One factor is whether you have a winning team. - it looks like having very small influence in merchandise.
Other factors include how many domestic players you have on your team - it looks like having quite high influence
and also how many were drafted by your own team, as fans like supporting local players more than imported talent. - it looks like having extremely high influence. And also it looks like working not for drafted players but for players involved to BB by creating team. So I have one question. In Czech NT is player which was drafted by my team, I trained him for almost 5 seasons and than sold them. If I buy him back for merchandise formula he would be drafted or imported player? (My hypothesis is that in code you count it when the owner is the only owner of player.)
It's really hard to draft good player which should stay in my team, when I picks usually as number 15 or 16 and in whole pool of 48 are 1 or 2 good players.
So, if in a given week your player played in a national team game, fans from around the country will buy their jersey - Does the scrimmage count? Or only competitive matches?
As a former Czech U21 manager and probably future Czech NT manager I can be happy for this changes. Also because I have in roster many top Czech players I can be happy. But I'm not happy because it threw teams which was on the same level each to different level. I think for me it will be much easier to win double in Czech rep. for next few seasons, because now I have really bug advantage against the only team which can beat me (5 seasons in row league finals Hostivar - Frydek, 5 season in row no other winner of tournament, only Hostivar or Frydek).
Finally, fans from around the league tend to notice the league leaders, particularly in important categories such as points, rebounds, and assists but to some extent in all categories. - Was it already involved after two games? If yes, it looks like having small effect. But this formula is for teams with many good players disadvantage, because points etc. are devided into them. Also training out of position is less effective for merchandise.

This Post:
109686.166 in reply to 109686.165
Date: 09/19/2009 18:29:20
Overall Posts Rated:
But I'm not happy because it threw teams which was on the same level each to different level.

These changes were announced way earlier (i.e. that domenstic players would be economicly better), so if your rivals didn't change their strategies, and adapted to those announced changes, it's just bad management and the only to blame are themselves.

This Post:
109686.167 in reply to 109686.165
Date: 09/19/2009 20:59:32
1986 Celtics
IV.10
Overall Posts Rated:
I think winning does have a big factor on merchandising, but its not just whether you won this season (although that is part of it) its more are you generally a winning team or not, do you have a large base of support of people who buy your jerseys.

domestic players do have a big influence, we said quite specifically how big an influence they would have two seasons ago, we felt we had to stick with that size effect because we promised it and people should have adapted.

I don't know if its original team or only one owner team... I will need to ask charles, but it would have been easiest to code and most literal to code up whether the player was originally drafted by your team, and so you would get an advantage if you bought him back.. .but i should ask charles.

I believe that scrimmages do count.. charles coded it though so he is the definitive word on this.

I will point out that the political pressure on NT coaches is likely to increase, and there will be a whole set of interesting intra-country political decisions that NT coaches will be facing... they will have many more good players being developed for them by their countrymates, but also a lot more responsibility to put the best players on the team, else their constituents will be angry and boot them out for favoritism.

This Post:
109686.168 in reply to 109686.167
Date: 09/19/2009 21:50:37
Overall Posts Rated:
Well Im also interested in knowing about the drafted-sold-bought player, I trained Elias Cardenas the first 4 and a half seasons, (as far as I know hes currently the guy with the highest wage) and Im really curious about this, cause in a future I really would like to bring him back.

Hes a player from my original team so perhaps with the merchandising changes I could sustain his wage =). Anyway I hope you bring Charles over here or pass on his message.

Finally, what are you thoughts, plans, worries about players with such high wages???

This Post:
109686.169 in reply to 109686.168
Date: 09/19/2009 22:06:14
1986 Celtics
IV.10
Overall Posts Rated:
we are not super focused on individual players with higher wages, I think actually right now there are a just a handful of players that have much larger wages than everyone else, we are more focused on making sure the sort of leading edge of the bulk distribution.. meaning the sort of average best player has a salary which is well matched to all the revenue sources out there so that inflation stays intact. There will of course be players that are more expensive than this sort of average best player, maybe even much more expensive, but I don't think we are going to custom tailor economic policy around a handful of players.

This Post:
109686.170 in reply to 109686.169
Date: 09/19/2009 22:22:29
Overall Posts Rated:
Just like experience it's something thats growing and needs time to see it happend, but farm created just to support a NT player, its something I dont want to see and defentily should not be somehitng that must happend in order to compite

I know that the game changes should take on consideration the average manager; but NT are a big part of the game and a change in the training speed, according to his skills not his age, can became useful for those situations and of course would not affect the average in a big way.

This Post:
109686.171 in reply to 109686.166
Date: 09/20/2009 02:04:55
BC Hostivaƙ
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
Did you read whole my message?
I mentioned it was announced 2 season before. But in my eyes now team which chose specific strategy 4-5 seasons ago has the biggest advantage.
And even if it was announced, it's not so easy to top team to buy domestic player which fits all your expectation. Especially in smaller country it's hard to find any.
And about possibility of drafting good player I also wrote ...

So, I can't agree your words about bad management.

This Post:
109686.172 in reply to 109686.167
Date: 09/20/2009 07:45:41
Jokehim Maniacs
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jokehim Maniacs II
If scrimmages can be a benefit in any other way than for training purposes I think that BB really should make this clear. Because right now I very much doubt that anyone expects that good scrimmage result will lead to better merchandise sell.

This Post:
109686.173 in reply to 109686.172
Date: 09/20/2009 07:49:47
BC Hostivaƙ
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
I think you misunderstood it. It's all about NT/U21 scrimmages, not about club scrimmages.

This Post:
109686.174 in reply to 109686.173
Date: 09/20/2009 08:09:13
Jokehim Maniacs
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jokehim Maniacs II
I think you misunderstood it. It's all about NT/U21 scrimmages, not about club scrimmages.

Then it makes much more sense. Thanks for clarifying. So many posts in this thread so hard to keep track of it all

This Post:
109686.175 in reply to 109686.174
Date: 09/20/2009 18:48:36
Overall Posts Rated:
please tell the people how the game changes like you did telling us how important local players will be. i have quite some money now and i dont wanna spend it when i know that these ridiculous prices will normalize next season. but i also dont want to keep my money to realize that next season a starplayer will cost 10mio and the beasts 15mio.
i understand that you will not reveal the formula of the future salaries but i need to know if the inflation will be stopped cause now everybody makes profit

Advertisement