BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.41 > Season 18

Season 18

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/04/2011 15:00:37
Overall Posts Rated:
Well in a cataclysmic finish to Season 17 Cincinnati Lakers beat the Tenn. Stallions 96-91 to secure their first of many championships. All that were involved were shaken up by the event. Coal Miner's manager Rolly and league MVP Cristóbal Sacristan Roy sat in the Luxury box and watch the events unfold before signing Thomas Hammons who vowed they'd be in IV by the time he was 28. On the floor the Stallions Captain Stephen Yates curled in a ball crying took a minute to evaluate the situation and give Jochen, JMLC, and Grdimir Portada credit on a well played game. The greatest and first Power Ranker has been promoted so I'll try to do as many as I can but I'm not promising anything.

Pre-Season Power Ranking:

1. Coal Miners

After a lose in the Semi-finals to the Lakers the Coal Miners look to be reborn under co-captain Thomas Hammons. I see a repeat of last year MVP award with a strong showing from CSR. Their going to look similar to the Dallas Mavericks and possible end the season on a 900+ campaign.

2. Tenn. Stallions

After meet up with the Lakers the Stallions dropped both of the game.Their is not much different in this team this season, but they assure me they will have a championship quality team. "I see a great future for us,"Stephen Yates.

3. Bollingbrook Tigers

This team is still near the top of V.41 but they need to release some scrubs. Last season Yu Yufa leaded an offensive onslaught. Matthew Jackson lead the rebounding war.Yufa and Goetzke pull off a believable upset against the Coal Miners last season but it's doubtful they will repeat the feat again in S18.

4.Philadelphia Eagles

This young team has become a quick competitor with only 9 player on the paid roll. If they can add some player 3 to 5k they be able to keep up with the top half of the league. No player can help them defeat the top 3 teams with a enthusiasm of 5 and a game shape of avg. of below even if they have a PG name Micheal Vick.

5. WWIAFTM

The WWIAFTM was a hot topic last season they came and astonish. The long name impressed and both baffled us. They will have a great season above .500. Boško Zekovic will move them into the third playoff position if they are still here.

6.Jet Life

Jet Life is really a ready to get started. They have some worthy players and will probably be able to squeeze in the playoffs. Not much to say but they can be impressive at times.

7.The Marshalls
They are Shooting Guard powered. Isaías Cereixas has no help and probably start the season with 32 points. They will be low in the rankings until the I can see them in action.

8. BallKIllers94

BallKIllers94 Have to be the luckiest team in the BB world. They started with a High salary player and got another in the draft the Shooting Guard is likely to be a SF and Larry Mims will move to SG. They luck carried them to the playoffs SF last season but they probably won't be as lucky this season.

Game of the Week: Bollingbrook Tigers VS. Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Men

Bollingbrook Tigers are set to take on the WWIAFTM and this has not been close so far. Every meeting between the two have ended in a 20+ win in favor of the Tigers. Boško Zekovic and Gerhard Lauterbach look to stop this trend and come out the gate swinging.

Good luck everyone and all the best to C. Lakers and S. Slammers on the move up!

This Post:
201292.2 in reply to 201292.1
Date: 11/04/2011 15:22:36
Overall Posts Rated:
Great stuff! V41, still fun to follow

This Post:
201292.3 in reply to 201292.2
Date: 11/04/2011 21:11:26
Overall Posts Rated:
Great rankings Murl, I agree with Jim, V.41 is definately where it's at, I'll be back here a decent amount during the season.

This Post:
201292.4 in reply to 201292.3
Date: 11/04/2011 22:09:17
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you both. I am going to try to keep V.41 flowing regular as long as I can as long as I'm here.

To: Murl
This Post:
201292.5 in reply to 201292.4
Date: 11/05/2011 00:42:10
Overall Posts Rated:
who knows maybe we will all be in the same league again down the road. looking forward to making a stronger push this season. I think I could have beat Cin but I ran the wrong defense against them.

Message deleted
This Post:
201292.7 in reply to 201292.5
Date: 11/05/2011 22:01:58
Overall Posts Rated:
I can't believe that happened but anything is possible so I can't wait to play them again I'm give it to them.

This Post:
201292.8 in reply to 201292.7
Date: 11/05/2011 23:29:27
Overall Posts Rated:
Damn Murl you were upset in first game of the season.

This Post:
201292.9 in reply to 201292.8
Date: 11/06/2011 00:44:25
Overall Posts Rated:
You should look at how he did it. I hate how it happened it should of went into overtime.

This Post:
201292.10 in reply to 201292.9
Date: 11/06/2011 03:03:28
Overall Posts Rated:
that game should have went to overtime. losing like that just blows

This Post:
201292.11 in reply to 201292.9
Date: 11/06/2011 03:35:17
Overall Posts Rated:
New addition of the V.41 forum

Game Night Review

1. Coal Miners

Coal Miners start the regular season like they ended it. Reigning MVP Cristóbal Sacristan Roy took a sideline to Hammons tonight as Hammons' 20 points sparked the Miners to a 29 point win against the Playbozzz. Rancan and Iturraspe scored 16 and 17 pts respectively. CSR did not lead the team to this victory however did post a double-double.

2. Bollingbrook Tigers

The Tigers trailed early in this game and finished strong on the shoulders of Goetzke. Down at the half Goetzke score 18 pts to turn the game around. Yufa, Jackson, and Goetzke have been keep them in the Tigers in the top 4 and that has not change is season.

3. Jet Life

Canaves had a masterful PG performance as he scored 31 pts while dishing out 5 assist. Thomas Kelly and Daniel Bladgård were good enough to hold off Macintoshs. Jet Life ended the game with a 10 pt lead.

4. Philadelphia Eagles

Tied at 100-100 with 5 sec. on the clock Clementino D´aremberg pulled up for a jumpshot as the Eagles escape regulation and stole one against Tenn. Stallions . Murray Ridley seemed disappoint after sitting on the bench the entire game. Andrzej Nasiadka led the Eagles with 35 points and had 4 assist as well as 4 turnovers.

5. Ballkiller94

Ballkillers lead the Big 8 with 25 victory margin and V.41 ROY Bryant Kelly returning with a 15 pts 8 rebs and 8 assists. He is the most complete player I've see in V.41. Kerns was 5-5 in three pointers and but the team face a club that has numerous
ways to improve.

6. Marshalls

The Marshalls front court presence was in full effect as PG Chris Smith and SG Peter Salinas 23 and 21 respectively. They preformed well on defense also combining for 7 steals and 2 blocks. It was a good showing from everyone on the team.

7.Tenn. Stallion

Although the Stallions did not land in the win column they have been a thrill to watch. If the game went into overtime Stallions were the clear victors. I personally don't think I should of put Stallion at the seven spot but this is just a review of the performance they gave.

8. opelouasa boyzz

Opeluasa boyz only put up 77 pts and it was enough for a win against WHS that just got here 2 hours before the games kicked off. 19 year old Donnell Lester lead the team in wat seems to be what might be it's only win if they don't improve. They win give them a 11 pt win margin good enough for second in the Big 8.