BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Deutschland > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
303114.2 in reply to 303114.1
Date: 02/27/2020 07:49:13
TIP IN Berlin ´96
III.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
BERLIN KNICKS
...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Da haben wir schonmal drei Kandidaten, und keiner tippt was hier?

Interessante serbische Bewerbung...der Mann scheint gar nicht so schlecht zu sein...

Scout for the german U-21 & NT team -------------------------------------------------------- S38/39 U-21-coach Misr/Egypt ------------------------------------------------------------------ S38 african championship semi finalist & WR from 95 to 70 with a bunch of scrubs! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 20 seasons in a row german III.9
This Post:
303114.3 in reply to 303114.2
Date: 02/27/2020 09:43:12
NakamichiDragons
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Little Computer People
Uninteressant fand ich die Bewerbungsrede auch nicht, ich frage mich nur, ob er dann auf den bewährten Stab im Hintergrund zurückgreifen wird oder inwieweit dieser einen Coach von außerhalb unterstützen würde?
Reibungsverluste in der Kommunikation sind ja auch nicht ausgeschlossen.

Und inwieweit möchten Trainer die Skills von arrivierten NT-Spielern mit jemandem von außerhalb teilen?

Das ist so ein wenig eine Grundsatzdiskussion ...

Er ist auf jeden Fall lange dabei, erfahren im Bereich der NTs und vom ersten Eindruck glaube ich nicht, dass er sich - wie wir es ja schon mit einheimischen Coaches erlebt haben - einfach aus dem Staub macht.

Last edited by LA-flaterik123 at 02/27/2020 09:45:15

founded in S3 IV.5 (34234) - returned in S28 IV.7 (34515)
This Post:
303114.4 in reply to 303114.3
Date: 02/27/2020 10:24:26
Dirty Ducks
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Einen Coach von außerhalb hatten wir in S39/40 mit Woody auch schon mal, das hat (sprachlich) funktioniert. Und auf die Scouts im Hintergrund wird er zurückgreifen, wenn er sich das leben nicht unnötig schwer machen will.

Ob wir unsere Skills mit jemandem teilen wollen, der schon bei der nächsten Wahl wieder für einen unmittelbaren Wettbewerber antreten könnte ist tatsächlich eine Überlegung wert!

This Post:
303114.5 in reply to 303114.3
Date: 02/27/2020 11:19:05
Tunjevina
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Krompir
I probably wouldn't use any staff from Serbia, it may be more difficult for me, but I think it's better for the staff members to be German.

Communication shouldn't be an issue. Serbian players are all over the world, and some are at managers who don't know any English, but we are still able to communicate about training, usually just by using Google translate.
I can also see the names of each skill in German by switching to German language, so if necessary, I would use German names for skills when communicating with non-English speakers.
A Polish manager is managing Lietuva for the past 10 seasons successfully, and the percentage of German people that understand English is much higher than in Lietuva, so language shouldn't be an issue.

I understand the concern that someone outside of Germany would know your players. So I think it's fair that I share skills of Serbian players with the German staff, so that if in the future Germany and Serbia play against each other once more, no team would have the advantage.
And of course we would agree not to share each others skills with any other nation, and not to post it in any forums.

This Post:
303114.6 in reply to 303114.5
Date: 02/27/2020 12:35:48
Dirty Ducks
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
I understand the concern that someone outside of Germany would know your players. So I think it's fair that I share skills of Serbian players with the German staff, so that if in the future Germany and Serbia play against each other once more, no team would have the advantage.

I'm pretty sure your serbian colleagues wold not appreciate their players' skills being shared with german NT staff, and vice versa...

This Post:
303114.7 in reply to 303114.6
Date: 02/27/2020 13:54:54
NakamichiDragons
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Little Computer People
In a certain way, this problem is solved at least partially by generating a new "Share Skills"-Link in BM, since skills are in- and decreasing during the following seasons.

I'm sorry, bringing this up. I did not want not hang this too high and we should assume that there is trusting cooperation and that no nation is exploited or overreached.

If there was no problem with Woody, why we should have one here!

Last edited by LA-flaterik123 at 02/27/2020 14:11:50

founded in S3 IV.5 (34234) - returned in S28 IV.7 (34515)
This Post:
303114.8 in reply to 303114.5
Date: 02/27/2020 14:38:38
Hamburg Albatrosses
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Thanks for running! I‘ve always liked to communicate with you during my time as NT Coach and I‘m sure you‘re a good candidate. Either you or Falke are both good choices. Just one small thing: Gabelmann could have played a bigger role in the past if his stamina had been higher. What are your thoughts on that skill?

Good luck - it‘s always nice to have a foreigner run. Woody did a good job, had some bad luck. So I would definitely support you and help you if you got elected (as much as I‘ve got time at hand).

So, Leute: zwei gute Kandidaten. Ich bin gespannt, ob Falke weitermachen darf oder wir uns nochmal ausländisches Know-How einkaufen Auf jeden Fall bin ich sicher, dass beide Kandidaten mit den Scouts zusammenarbeiten werden. Und sicherlich das Optimum aus dem Kader herausholen werden...

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!

To: Duck
This Post:
303114.9 in reply to 303114.6
Date: 02/27/2020 14:43:25
Tunjevina
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Krompir
As long as it stays between staff members, and player skills aren't put on a public forum, then it's fine. It wouldn't be the first time that we exchange our players skills with another nation when we're in good terms with them.

I know trust can be an issue, and even if I promise not to reveal any German players to anyone, I understand that not everyone would trust me. So this is a simple solution for that problem.

Serbia has an online database that you can find on our NT page, but of course you can't access it. If I get elected, I would give access to that database to a select few German staff members, and once my term ends, they would be restricted from seeing it again.

This Post:
303114.10 in reply to 303114.8
Date: 02/27/2020 15:30:59
Tunjevina
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Krompir
Thank you for your kind words
Yeah, Gabelmann had ST 4 at the time which isn't great. On a NT level, stamina is very important if the tactics are set to 'Strictly Follow Depth Chart'.

But I never use that option with the NT, and instead use “Let Coach Decide”, which allows players to use their skills to the fullest even if they have low stamina. When using 'Let Coach Decide', it's possible to leave 2 positions empty, and then the coach will substitute players more frequently in those positions and keep them fresh. Here's an example of how that sometimes looks like with my own team:

The trick is to understand which skills the coach values the most for each position, and then set a roster in a way that the coach ends up rotating the players just the way you want it.
It's usually better to have players with higher ST on those 3 positions in the starting line-up, and than let the coach rotate the players with low ST on positions that are left empty.

This Post:
303114.11 in reply to 303114.9
Date: 02/27/2020 16:14:08
Essen Eagles
III.16
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Huttrop Hornets
As long as it stays between staff members, and player skills aren't put on a public forum, then it's fine. It wouldn't be the first time that we exchange our players skills with another nation when we're in good terms with them.

No it's not ok to share the skills of NT players as NT manager with the staff of other countries or managers which are not part of the own staff.

So as long as no one complains, no GM will get active, but if someone complains we have to act.....

Last edited by EGM-Essener at 02/27/2020 16:14:56