Date: 05/26/2020 08:35:03
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
Hello Warrior,

it's difficult to give you a piece of serious advice here. By saying this :
"If I offer a training program (potential allstar to superstar), many owners drop out and some don't even train the players at all. It's frustrating to discover all this. Our scouts also get little feedback, which makes it difficult to help where needed."
you made a summary of all what national coach is about : frustration.

Coaches in the game have a wide array of approach to the game : casual, regular, invested and hardcore. Of course you get the best training by getting harcore coaches on board BUT those are much more likely to train NT players, MVP+ guys, and are therefore of little use to you.

So you have to rely on regular and invested coaches to get your U21 trained properly. A solution that might be worth considering, id relying on hardcore coaches with starter teams e.g. fresh Utopia teams or newcomers that are doing very good despite a rather fresh experience.

I did that with my second team and it produced Hemeryck and Ballon, both players that were a staple of the U21 team when they were in it. I achieved this with players potential 6 or 7, and a coach level 4, do it's definitely doable by anyone.

Putting the emphasis on the financial gain is also good, because as you said, the boost is huge, whether if the player is sold afterwards or kept in the team.

This Post:
303878.6 in reply to 303878.5
Date: 05/26/2020 09:11:33
Overall Posts Rated:
Actually big response!

Coaches in the game have a wide array of approach to the game : casual, regular, invested and hardcore. Of course you get the best training by getting harcore coaches on board BUT those are much more likely to train NT players, MVP+ guys, and are therefore of little use to you.

You're right about the types of managers and the little use for our U21. In my personal perspective, I'm also training a big NT prospect. Not planned, but I had an excellent 18r old from the draft. After he's totally ready for NT, I will train U21 players just to help our U21 and boost the quality.

For U21 prospects, I can name few managers who are training the players as planned. But I don't think it's logic. Because most people want to earn quick money and they want quick results. This can happen by training U21 players. It makes no sense. But maybe these managers belong to the first group, casual coaches because this is a long-term game...

So you have to rely on regular and invested coaches to get your U21 trained properly. A solution that might be worth considering, id relying on hardcore coaches with starter teams e.g. fresh Utopia teams or newcomers that are doing very good despite a rather fresh experience.

You as staff member for NT also have a lot of xp with giving advice and it's also something I've seen that new coaches need to be guided and they rely on advice from others. The frustration is that they answer and try it, but drop out in a couple of seasons. Not all of course, but a lot. New Utopia teams seems to be a better idea. Like you said, these are hardcore managers and they start fresh. This can actually work and is indeed a solution.

So you're experience is probably better advice than you think :)

This Post:
303878.7 in reply to 303878.6
Date: 05/26/2020 11:27:49
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
Is a temporary solution, of course. Now with my own Utopia I'm prsuiing the training of future NT as well BUT I might have free spots (thus others also will). Training plan id tailored for NT of course, so that might not be the best, but all infrastructure, coaches and staff are all very high.

This Post:
303878.10 in reply to 303878.9
Date: 05/26/2020 12:21:34
Overall Posts Rated:
Already searching :D

This Post:
303878.11 in reply to 303878.8
Date: 05/26/2020 13:52:17
Overall Posts Rated:
Good news! You have all my support (y)

thank you :)

Israel is currently the best U21 country. They have 213 users, 147 for Belgium. So it's possible but I don't like their strategy; they train their higher potential for the U21 team, and when they are 22 their owners train them for the NT. The consequence is that they have to play with their top and high salary C as PG and/or their top PG/SG as C.

I agree, this is not the right strategy. It's easier to train them, but it will kill our Belgian owners if we implement this.

This Post:
303878.13 in reply to 303878.12
Date: 05/28/2020 05:26:06
Overall Posts Rated:
Jup, not bad. But I do like profiles who are more versatile :D

like this:

Jump Shot: mediocre Jump Range: average
Outside Def.: mediocre Handling: proficient
Driving: prolific Passing: inept
Inside Shot: wondrous Inside Def.: marvelous
Rebound: prominent Shot Blocking: strong
Stamina: inept Free Throw: mediocre

This Post:
303878.15 in reply to 303878.13
Date: 05/28/2020 07:06:32
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
Yep, but that is 13 more TSP, so another 1.3 season of training xD

Seriously now, should a coach with a promising player end up with the piece of crap Joe just linked above I'd blacklist him. You just can't target U21 and NT at the same time, unless the organisation is flawless. And regardless of the player's potential, even if the guy was 7 or 8 potential, this result is just plain garbage. I would never advice a coach to train a player this way, even it's beneficial to our U21 : you could end up with a valuable U21 player for a season, and lose the confidence of a coach for the rest of his BB career, not worth it.

Advertisement