BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Israel > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
314220.2 in reply to 314220.1
Date: 04/20/2022 08:47:21
Killers Reformed
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Raanana Farmers
Hi kozlik, I am happy to see you here !
I have 2 questions for you.

1- How do you plan to create a group for discussions and advice with other israeli managers? Or you don't?
We have experienced managers that i am sure will want to help. Usually, we have whatsapp groups for such things.
The problem i see here is that you dont know who the better coaches are.

2 - we had an incident with toshii a few seasons ago on the u21 level in the world cup. Is he a good friend of yours? I think that he hates us.. i hope it wont affect your decisions and commitment.

Thanks !

To: Ido
This Post:
314220.3 in reply to 314220.2
Date: 04/20/2022 12:11:52
KS Goldena
PLK
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
KS Golden Grizzlies
Hi

1. Before submitting my candidacy I contacted with Bill_tipesh because his approval for my candidacy is very important for me. He told me that he still wants to be active in advising in training...so I think I would cooperate with him.

Generally, I wouldn't want to destroy something what works very well. I'm conscious that winning gold medal of WC isn't possible to reach by accident. I'm sure it's an effect of very well training plan and hard work of whole community...but if I could advise something to make a progress, I would be happy. When I see skills of players I will have my own thoughts for sure and I'm oppened to share with my ideas, knowledge and experience with you. How it could works? I think it's to work out.

If you wish (have nothing against) I can join to your group on whatsapp.

With Lithuanians I communicated on Discord but also via BBmails. Main language on Discord was Lithuanian but if somebody wanted to ask me he wrote in english and I answered. I wrote in english. Generally, both languages functioned and it works ok.

2. I know toshii...but we haven't contacted for many many seasons to be honest and I haven't heard about any incidents His environment is mostly connected with U-21 and I've never been fan of U-21😬

Generally, I've been fully involved in Lithuania NT project for last 18 seasons so I have more relations on Lithuania currently🙂 Because of my involvement on Lithuania I was also a bit isolated from let's say "sensitive" informations in Poland. I contended with Poland NT as Lithuania NT manager many times. I won two gold medals for Lithuania NT in finals with Poland...so I think you shouldn't have any concerns.

Most of all, I don't come here as a troll to make jokes. I'm a serious manager and I want to win trophies.

Last edited by kozlik4 at 04/20/2022 12:24:38

This Post:
314220.4 in reply to 314220.3
Date: 04/22/2022 06:37:53
Jerusalem TET
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jerusalem TET Utopia
Good luck man! Your coaching resume speaks for itself. I'll definitely vote for you.

This Post:
314220.5 in reply to 314220.4
Date: 04/22/2022 08:12:05
Ramat-Gan Billers
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Maccabi Ramat-Gan
6 Candidates and only one speech? Why like this?

This Post:
314220.7 in reply to 314220.3
Date: 04/22/2022 16:31:20
Overall Posts Rated:
Many Israelis are originally from Poland, so if you are elected and feel a desire to come and visit our country, perhaps an Isra-Polish Buzzerbeater community member can make you feel right at home for the duration of your stay.

In all seriousness though, Your experience is second to none.
I have my doubts as to your chances of winning, as there are a few excellent Israeli coaches that have waited years for this opportunity, and I believe many here will feel like one of them deserves this chance (and rightfully so).

My question to you is, should you be elected, and from your previous experience, what will be your philosophy regarding staying in contact with the community at large? You've mentioned Discord and BB-Mail, are those usually your main methods, or do you also post updates on the NT page and on the forums?

It is important for me that the NT manager not only does his job well, but is also good at keeping the community engaged about the NT and its goals.

To: Eran
This Post:
314220.8 in reply to 314220.7
Date: 04/23/2022 09:55:16
KS Goldena
PLK
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
KS Golden Grizzlies
as there are a few excellent Israeli coaches that have waited years for this opportunity, and I believe many here will feel like one of them deserves this chance
Well, I understand. Leading of NT is the biggest proud...but I think the welfare of the NT should be above personal ambitions. I'm here to maximalise potential of your great generation of Israeli players. You need to think what is the most important for your NT at this moment. Decision is yours.

With all respect to excellent (without doubts) Israeli coaches, they would need a time to learn NT, beacuse leading of NT is completely something different than leading own team e.g. behavior of enthusiasm (you need to know how enthusiasm increase after playing tie and decrease after playing normal, on particular levels it works differently), rotation of 12 great players (it's huge difference between rotation 5-7 players and 12 players; well-functioning rotation can make important advantage). You need to know NT players of your competitors. I don't know if you have database of skills top NT players. I follow transfer list regularly and I have my own database. So many small things matter on high level, which is NT.

I also appreciate experience with U-21, because it demands top, special training in short time, beat rivals etc....but U-21 in BB is something completely different than in real life. In real life U-21 players are almost ready or ready to play efficiently in senior basketball. In BB U-21 players have nothing common with senior players. They are I would say "dummy" players with a lot of weaknesses and need a lot seasons of trainings to reach NT or even (in some examples) they are so destroyed by U-21 training than bringing them to NT leves is very tough or almost impossible. That's why I don't like U-21 turnaments at all:P and love NTs...but it's not a point. The point is that in my opinion U-21 don't give experience how to use efficiently top players on the top level. I think that differences between NT teams are smaller and details matter more than in U-21.

So you need to ask yourself if you have enough time on experiments. Israel play with Spain in first game and you need top performance from the beginning.

My question to you is, should you be elected, and from your previous experience, what will be your philosophy regarding staying in contact with the community at large? You've mentioned Discord and BB-Mail, are those usually your main methods, or do you also post updates on the NT page and on the forums?
Generally, I live BB 24 hours per day. I was very close to Lithuanian community for all these seasons when I was a manager of Lithuania NT (as I wrote before: even closer than with Polish community in that time). I can say with no doubts I was part of this community. See Lithuanian forum and how emotionally people say goodbye to me (entries are in english:D). I think it says more than thousands words.

My activity in your daily BB lives depends on your requirements. As I see your NT thread from last season have only one entry:-) I think I should be in place when you are. As I heard the most activity in Israel is on Whatsapp. But if you wish, I will make entries before/after key games at least, summary after whole season etc. (I did it in Lithuania).

Would be also great to have somebody like "press secretary" in staff, who could write some basic informations about next rival, conduct interviews etc. Contents that would be interesting to read for community.

This Post:
314220.9 in reply to 314220.6
Date: 04/23/2022 11:45:02
Ramat-Gan Billers
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Maccabi Ramat-Gan
היי אלון,
בתגובה לאמירתך על כך שאין לנו זמן לבזבז עם דור השחקנים הזה, אמירה שאני מסכים איתה בגדול.

בכל מקרה, מדוע לדעתך אתה מתאים יותר לתפקיד מקוזליק? יש כאן מאמן עם עשרות עונות של ניסיון ברמות הגבוהות ביותר בבוגרים, גם ברמת הקבוצה (דבר שלמיטב זכרוני כמעט ואין לך עם עונות מעטות וללא תארים באף אחת מהקבוצות, תקן אותי אם אני טועה) וגם ברמת נבחרת בוגרת. אני חושב שדי בולט היכן נמצאים היתרונות שלו עליך (ועל המועמדים האחרים, וגם עליי במידה והייתי מתמודד) - היכן לדעתך היתרונות שלך ומדוע לדעתך הם יהיו משמעותיים יותר ממה שיש לקוזליק להציע?
האם אתה לא חושש שחוסר הניסיון שלך ברמות הגבוהות בבוגרים יהיה לך לרועץ? עשית קמפיינים באמת מדהימים בנבחרת הצעירה, אין על כך עוררין, אבל האם זה לא הימור גדול מדי כקהילה ללכת על מאמן כמעט ללא ניסיון ברמות האלה?
אגב, גם ספרית שחקני הנבחרות שהיו בשוק כמו שקוזליק ציין שיש לו זה כוח מאוד משמעותי שבהחלט עוזר. ניהלתי אחת בעבר ואני מכיר את הכוח שלה, בשלב מסוים התעייפתי מהניסיון להחזיק אותה עדכנית. האם יש לך משהו דומה? האם אתה מתכוון לייצר משהו דומה? יש לך אולי שפן אחר בשרוול שאנחנו לא מכירים? או שהניצחון בקרב המוחות מול המאמן היריב הוא הדרך שלך ואתה לא רואה בזה צורך.

The last question is both for Alon and for Kozlik so I'll ask it in English.
As I see it, the manager of the NT has to train players for the NT teams. It's true that in the end the team and the NT are different functions, but I always believed that the NT manager should set examples for others. Are you intending to train players for the Israeli NT if you'll get elected? Kozlik, is it something you did in Lithuania? Alon, you didn't train anyone for the NT for quite some time, do you plan to change it soon?

לגבי שאר המועמדים, את חלקכם אני מעריך מאוד כמאמנים וחושב שאתם מאמנים ראויים שיכולתם לעשות עבודה נהדרת בתפקיד (פלוס חלקכם עזרתם לי ואני מעריך מאוד את התרומה שלכם לנבחרת בעונות האחרונות), אבל קצת קשה להבין עד כמה אתם רציניים לגבי המועמדות כשאפילו לא כתבתם נאום. אם תכתבו ויהיה מספיק זמן עד ההצבעה אשמח לשאול שאלות נוספות, יכולים גם להתייחס לדברים שנשאלו כאן כי הם רלוונטיים לכולם בסוף.

Last edited by Bill_tipesh at 04/23/2022 11:48:03

This Post:
314220.10 in reply to 314220.9
Date: 04/23/2022 14:06:12
Maccabi Sharp Tel Aviv!
Ligat Ha'al
Overall Posts Rated:
שאלה לקהל הישראלי, ולא למועמדים עצמם - למה להצביע למאמן פולני, כשיש לנו קהילת באזר ישראלית חזקה כל כך בפני עצמה?
אני לא מבין מה פתאום צריך להביא מאמן זר, לא חסרים לנו מאמנים משלנו.
למאמנים הישראלים שמתמודדים - בהצלחה! מקווה מאוד שאחד מכם ייבחר.

This Post:
314220.11 in reply to 314220.10
Date: 04/24/2022 02:50:08
Overall Posts Rated:
אני אענה בשם עצמי
בעיקרון מבחינתי מאמן הוא שכיר חרב בקטע הזה. אם בא מאמן בסדר גודל כזה עם קבלות ומציע את עצמו לאמן בהתנדבות את הנבחרת, יש כאן הזדמנות שאולי לא תחזור (ועד היום זה באמת לא קרה). היה לנו את גל שהוא קליבר בכל קנה מידה במשחק הזה, והיה לנו מזל שהוא בא מהקהילה שלנו, אבל ברגע שגל הלך הרמה של המאמן שבא אחריו חד משמעית תהיה נמוכה יותר.
אלא אם כן, בא פתאום מאמן קליבר אחר שנוחת עלינו משום מקום ומציע את עצמו. באמת אפשר לסרב?