Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
101819.2 in reply to 101819.1
Date: 07/22/2009 12:56:00
Overall Posts Rated:
that would be great.
i also want to tell 2 things:
1) make something that ALL-STAR starting five players play more than backup players. second year in a row my starting SG got less minutes than backup player. that is not fair. bb could make some points at game when players substitute, like in 8th minute of first period and so on. for example starting players get 28min but backups 20min playing time.
i havent checked all players, but it looks like all starting five got 6min less playing time than backups.
2) make ALL-STAR MVP voting

Last edited by kaprons at 07/22/2009 13:04:01

This Post:
101819.3 in reply to 101819.2
Date: 07/22/2009 13:45:38
Overall Posts Rated:
i like to see some defence in this game, the results become higher and higher from season to season actually it stands 96:98 at halftime ^^

This Post:
101819.4 in reply to 101819.3
Date: 07/22/2009 18:20:10
Overall Posts Rated:
If I may, I would like to use this thread to write my opinion about the All-Star Day. And my opinion is simple: there are no such useless thing as this day. Most of the people lose money from a home game that won't happen this weak to see a boring 3-point contest, and a unrealistic, even more boring game. All of you think: what's fun about this game? Let me think... nothing. And I had to pretend that I thought about it.

My idea is in order to spice things up. I was thinking in something like giving the control of each team to the manager of the respective leader of each conference. Players would be selected the same, but without being starters or backups. Then, the manager who would be in charge of the team would select the tactics and the best players for them, building the best lineup in his idea. And it would be even better in the game engine would work the same as the normal games. And when I say "the same as the normal games", I mean "with defense". It's so boring to see a game with no fouls, no blocked shots, no free throws, etc., etc.

People, just think about it ;)

This Post:
101819.5 in reply to 101819.4
Date: 07/22/2009 18:25:26
Overall Posts Rated:
People have suggested before that the all star teams should be run by actual managers, and the response is always that people don't want other managers in the league to see the abilities of their all star players. What would be your incentive to get players on the all star team if it meant that then your league rival could see your best players' abilities? Plus, how does this make it more fun for everyone? I can see how it might be more interesting for the one guy who now gets to "coach" the all star team, but for everyone else, it will be exactly the same as it is now in terms of excitement level. And honestly, I don't agree with you that there's nothing fun about the all star game. In seasons when I've had guys on the team, it has been entertaining to watch. Same goes for the 3-point competition.

This Post:
101819.6 in reply to 101819.4
Date: 07/22/2009 18:29:56
Overall Posts Rated:
If I may, I would like to use this thread to write my opinion about the All-Star Day. And my opinion is simple: there are no such useless thing as this day. Most of the people lose money from a home game that won't happen this weak to see a boring 3-point contest, and a unrealistic, even more boring game. All of you think: what's fun about this game? Let me think... nothing. And I had to pretend that I thought about it.

The main reason we have an All-Star Game is to ensure that we have a week with 2 Cup games for larger countries that need to be able to fit the Cup into the 14 week season.

Also, making a user the "manager" wont work, since he would not be given the skills of all the players and thus rendering tactical decisions moot.

I enjoy the All-Star Game, as do many, many users, and it's unlikely to have any wholesale changes.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
101819.7 in reply to 101819.5
Date: 07/22/2009 18:37:36
Overall Posts Rated:
My mistake I didn't specified that part. But, let me do it now. My idea was never to show the managers the skills of the selected players. Let me ask you a personal question? When you are studying your next opponent, and you're looking to his players, you need to see his skills to know the best player of the team, for example? I know almost every team in my league, and I'm pretty sure I can tell you where every player of that today's All-Star Game is at, in terms of skills. I can name eyes shut the best starting 5 of each conference, without needing to look at their skills. But ok, even without knowing that good the players, wouldn't that be more interesting to see a game with the 2 very best lineups (yes, because not always the best players make it to the starting 5), with a solid combo of tactics, facing off each other, than see a game with almost randomly choosed players, where everyone scores from everywhere? Opinions are opinions, and I respect yours, but it's really lame to lose a league match because of this boring day.

This Post:
101819.8 in reply to 101819.6
Date: 07/22/2009 18:42:50
Overall Posts Rated:
About the suposed manager seeing the skills of the players, I talked about it the post above.

About the necessary weak with the 2 cup games, sorry, but I don't buy it. Spain has the largest amount of users, and the cup had only been played last season till the first weak of the Playoffs. Why use a weak with 2 cup games, if the majory of the countries end his National Cup so early in the season? Even in Spain, it doesn't last till the end of it. Is that 2 cup games weak really necessary?

Last edited by AfonsoP at 07/22/2009 18:43:25

This Post:
101819.9 in reply to 101819.8
Date: 07/22/2009 19:54:45
Overall Posts Rated:
scores should be lower, maybe add some skill contest where every team can send players or so, rookie allstar game or sthg else...

allstar week should provide some fun and participation for everybody in the league not just a few chosen ones...

This Post:
101819.10 in reply to 101819.7
Date: 07/22/2009 20:03:08
Overall Posts Rated:
My idea was never to show the managers the skills of the selected players. Let me ask you a personal question? When you are studying your next opponent, and you're looking to his players, you need to see his skills to know the best player of the team, for example? I know almost every team in my league

wouldn't that be more interesting to see a game with the 2 very best lineups (yes, because not always the best players make it to the starting 5), with a solid combo of tactics, facing off each other, than see a game with almost randomly choosed players, where everyone scores from everywhere? Opinions are opinions, and I respect yours, but it's really lame to lose a league match because of this boring day.

I'm probably the only person here that agrees with you. You can tell how good a player is by more than just attributes. (for ex, Salary, Game Rating) The game would be more fun for everyone to see if the top manager from each league could set the lineups and tactics.