BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Less tactics?

Less tactics?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 09/16/2009 04:28:39
Overall Posts Rated:
This isn't really a suggestion, just wanted to get other people's feel for some of the new changes at this point i guess.

Specifically, i think the new site has dumbed down too many of the tactics of scouting another team. I loved that in the old site you could scout your opponents a bit and see if they've made any recent transfers or what tactics they've used and who has played how many minutes already for the week etc etc but now it seems like everything is there in 2 clicks and it's kind of .....well, boring. I feel like a facet of the game that i really liked has been removed now.

I guess the "News" section is by far the biggest offender with pretty much every move that every other team in the league does listed there for everybody to see. You should need to put in at least a little work to see that the opposing team might be playing a big new recruit against you in the next game for example.

Personally, i'd love to have this section removed or even make it an optional supporter feature or something just to put a bit of the team scouting sort of tactics back in to the game.

Interested to hear what others opinions of this particular area are though.

This Post:
111615.2 in reply to 111615.1
Date: 09/16/2009 04:42:59
Overall Posts Rated:
i agree with the "effort should be put it" bit of your post, scouting your opponents should atleast take a few mins to check them out. though the news update thing does not really gtake that away from the game, just means no surprise buys unleashed against a rival lol.

This Post:
111615.3 in reply to 111615.1
Date: 09/16/2009 05:20:57
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah,
I think the price of the player you purchased/sold should be removed from the news section.

This Post:
111615.4 in reply to 111615.1
Date: 09/16/2009 06:56:10
Cruesli
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Milk
I think you can still scout your opponent for a long time. I mean if you really want to do it well you'll have to research ach individual player of him and check how they perform against different type of players. You can try to find out if they probably are good inside or outside, whether they are weak against outside shooters or inside shooters.

You can try to guess what your opponent will play based on his last matches. You can try to guess who your opponent will play also based on last matches, form and minute distribution.

There is so much work still left to do if you want ot scout your opponent well.

So I think a little news ticker that shows you that someone in you league bought a player and hwat price he has payed is nothing.

I mean you'll still have to see how the player performed at his last club, what kind of player it is, what he plays well or sucks against....etc.

p.s. or I must have missed a very new feature that already tells how and who your opponent will play and what kind of players are best against it.

Last edited by Tesse at 09/16/2009 06:57:19

Crunchy! If you eat fast enough