BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Canada > Outlook of Season

Outlook of Season

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 04/02/2010 22:48:34
Overall Posts Rated:
How do you guys think you're doing right now?

Me being in Division IV, I'm crushing everyone. :)

But do you guys think you can win your division this year? Are you rebuilding, training, etc? Are you hoping for a miracle?

- Bernardville Fire

Last edited by Bernardsville Fire at 04/02/2010 22:49:07

This Post:
139025.2 in reply to 139025.1
Date: 04/02/2010 23:02:53
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, this is only my 3rd full season. I played half of 1 season, but still won div IV, then came 2nd in div III the next year, and then won div III the year after that. Now I am in div II and will have a really hard time staying here. I think I will finish 6th or 7th in my conference. If I finish 6th, I probably will stay in div II, if I finish 7th, I'm probably getting relegated.

Good luck in promoting and building your team BTW. I like how involved you are already, hopefully in a couple seasons, you'll be up in div II and soon after, Naismith, where hopefully I will meet you at lol

This Post:
139025.3 in reply to 139025.2
Date: 04/03/2010 09:49:52
Overall Posts Rated:
I need to rejig things. I anticipate another fifth place finish in my conference, maybe even sliding into the relegation series. My division just got a lot tougher this year. The key is going to be choosing my battles to maximize wins. I am saving money up and hoping to buy a couple of more dominant players and then reboot my training next season.

(I promoted my first two seasons from IV and III directly into II and finished fifth last year)

This Post:
139025.4 in reply to 139025.3
Date: 04/04/2010 11:19:59
Overall Posts Rated:
As for me, this is now my second full season. I won my div (IV.6) last season and have quite the chance to make the playoffs this season in III.1. I'm trying to train Calvin Dupre but he needs A LOT of work to be a good SF for the U21. So i'm saving my money for a lvl 5 or 6 trainer. That's about it :)

This Post:
139025.5 in reply to 139025.4
Date: 04/04/2010 17:58:55
Overall Posts Rated:
My outlook is relatively poor for this season, but I'm okay with that for now. I dropped down to Div IV after an ill-advised attempt to end up in the bottom of Div III last year in an effort to get a better draft pick (BAD IDEA!). I mistakenly thought there would be some sort of a playoff series to avoid relegation, in which I could simply play my strongest line-up and stay up in III. And then I got moved down...

Part of my problem is that my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best players are my 3 young guard trainees and they can't shoot very well. I have a level 6 trainer and am trying to take the long term perspective, so I'm focusing on Outside Defense right now, even though all three have Jump Shots that seriously need improvement. That said, if I stay the course, the 18 y/o stud I picked up this past week is all but guaranteed to be on the Norweigen U21 team in the next few years, while one of my Canadian trainees, MacSymon, has a reasonable shot of our U21 team, barring catastrophic injury and depending on how his competition progresses. My other trainee, Nelmes, is going to get training forever, and with his HOF potential will eventually turn into a freak. Right now the plan is to move to Jump Shot training next season, turning all 3 of these players into scoring machines-but again that's next year.

So, this year might hurt a little. My front court is aging, so I may look to purchasing a C or PF later in the year, in the 10k salary range, if it looks like I can make a late season push and get back into Div III. Right now, however, I'm 1-2 and don't want to spend money unless I have a good chance of moving up. Unfortunately, I've also drawn a Div II team in the Canada Cup, so, with my best player (not a trainee luckily) currently injured (argh!) I think that's done. Lay the ground work, I guess, my team will be a powerhouse, it's just going to take some time.