BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Canada > help

help (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 04/10/2010 18:15:38
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi, I'v just created a new account after I screwed up my old one and my first game is in 1 hour. Technically, I'm not a noob because I had been playing my other account for some time. The only thing I was not sure about in both accounts was training. I set Train Jump Shot for Guards yesterday, but no jump shot sats are up. Also, how do I train 1 specific player? The player I want to train is set as my starting PG for my next game. So even if it's not his best position, (don't know how to view that either) would he still be included in the training? And can I select him individually? Here he is: Glenn Jones (7436462)
The last thing is after I set the training, I notice the training box from the Management menu and there were no name's listed! I'm probably making no sense with all these question but I am just the biggest noob EVEr when it comes to training.

PLEASE HELP!

This Post:
140148.2 in reply to 140148.1
Date: 04/10/2010 18:37:16
Overall Posts Rated:
took a quick look at your roster just for fun. don't know why you have 19 players on it. Jones won't get training, he's 29. don't try to train him. your three 18 year olds have only bench warmer potential, so get rid of them. if you want to train jump shot for a single player, play him at SG and set that in the training option for jump shot, SG only.
i would suggest training a couple of your younger players at single position with potential that will allow them to improve. trying to train somebody that is 29 won't happen. train players 18 to start with decent potential. being division 4, i would say potential as low as starter is ok for now. playing them at PG focus on pressure and passing training with the single position training.
you can find some 18 year olds with starter or star potential already at average/respectable outside defense and passing for under 25k fairly easily if you watch the transfer market.
hope this helps a bit.

This Post:
140148.3 in reply to 140148.1
Date: 04/10/2010 18:44:05
Overall Posts Rated:
ok... first of all. You should really use the help forums for this.

and i may get in trouble, but ill answer your question here.

Training happens early friday morning, no stats or training will be recived from the player untill then, so you can switch it many times and there will be no affect.

Training: im assuming yopu set jumpshot for point guard. If so, then you need to wait for your games. Your player recieves training based on minutes played in the week (not counting PL). for full training, you want to get over 48 minutes a week, dont go too high (past 75) or it will affect his game shape. So play him as a starter this game and next game, and he should have enough training minutes for friday's training. This will also train any backup PG's, but they probably wont recieve as much training because they didnt have a full 48 minutes.

No names listed in the rtraining menu cause there have been no games yet, well there will be 15 minutes after i post this, but none as im writing it. Hope that helped

And once more, next time please use the help forum.

This Post:
140148.4 in reply to 140148.1
Date: 04/10/2010 22:03:32
Overall Posts Rated:
The only player that worths training is Bruno Zurlo, however he is 19 years old, so try to get a Level 4 trainer to start and 1 position for him...try to get at least two other players (18 year old), train 3 players and resell them to make some revenue. You probably want to fire your benchwarmers and as for Glenn Jones, he is a 29 year old player with no potential....

It takes some time to build the team and enjoy..