BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Transfer Market player become cheaper...

Transfer Market player become cheaper...

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 05/21/2010 23:42:49
Overall Posts Rated:
Looks like fewer ppl playing Buzzer Beater nowadays.......causing the Transfer List player become cheaper....
I can buy a 30k Center with onlu 1,1 million....

This Post:
144550.2 in reply to 144550.1
Date: 05/22/2010 01:34:58
Overall Posts Rated:
More people are playing Buzzerbeater now. The change of TL prices can be from many many variables. Not saying which are involved but examples could be:

1) There are certain lulls in the season in which players are worth less and other times when they spike higher, ie ASB and just before the playoffs.
2)A 30k center could be due to the fact he is monoskilled and now deemed less valuable.
3)There are alot more similar players to the one you mention thus more supply to the same demand = a lower price.

These are just a few variables all of which can factor in different amounts. The point is its not just how many people play the game.

This Post:
144550.3 in reply to 144550.1
Date: 05/22/2010 02:53:43
Overall Posts Rated:
You must use the chance, because before PO prices will go up again. Now You have approx. 2 weeks to buy your players, if you want a great deal.

This Post:
144550.4 in reply to 144550.3
Date: 05/22/2010 04:55:45
Overall Posts Rated:
yes all those factors would affect TL prices
plus to some extent maybe salaries too because they were changed slightly recently and some big mens wages went up.
all other things being equal this would make them a bit cheaper than last season.

This Post:
144550.5 in reply to 144550.1
Date: 05/23/2010 14:50:38
Overall Posts Rated:
I think one of the main reasons the market has gone down is because of the fact that they flood it every week (I think they put them up for grabs starting on tuesdays) With free agents and retired players - Often times i'll see about 10 very nice free - agents that fit my search critera selling at about the same time, which makes it much easier to get a great deal on them.

This Post:
144550.6 in reply to 144550.5
Date: 05/25/2010 13:51:39
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I'll just float this out there as my observation based on personal experience...

My team's income was more than double last season than what it is this season. Sure, my roster is a little better this season, but my team has also been playing better. The biggest difference in income really came in the offseason salary adjustments. This time most seasons I usually buy a player, sometimes even two. This season I can't afford to buy a player that would improve my lineup, not without selling a player first and taking the risk that I will find a replacement in a timely manner. Instead, I'm just sitting on my roster, browsing the TL for a high-value bargain that slip through the cracks, but neither buying nor selling.

I get the sense that most teams are not able to spend big money this season due to reduced incomes, which means they're also less likely to put high-end players on the market for fear of not finding an upgrade on the TL when they need one. I see lots of higher-end centers since there apparently has been a history of more centers getting training than any other position, so there's a bigger supply of them. But just try to find a guard or a SF with a $30k+ salary, it's slim pickings. So the reason why I think prices are still a bit up is due to low supply. I suspect the teams that are still able to spend $3million on a player are the ones that still have old money from previous seasons or have cash from when they dumped their high-priced players early in season to balance their budgets after the big salary adjustment. But I can't imagine too many teams netting profits like from previous seasons. I don't mind, though, since I think once the old money starts drying up, there will be fewer big spending driving up the prices on a lesser demand. I also hear that more teams are doing more guard training since more teams have come to realize that, though centers may be easier to train, high-end guards are harder to acquire from the TL and training is the only way to ensure having high-quality guards without selling the house for them, so I anticipate that within a few seasons high-end guards on the TL may be a little more abundant.

Of course, I don't have the TL stats to support any of this. I'd be curious if anyone has been been tracking this a little more scientifically.

edit: typo

Last edited by chihorn at 05/25/2010 13:53:43

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
Message deleted
Message deleted