BuzzerBeater Forums

Philippines - IV.22 > Oranio's about to retire?

Oranio's about to retire?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 09/25/2010 00:30:05
Overall Posts Rated:
Oranio of Brgy. Ginebra Ginkings is looking to that option after the acquisition of Panzarino and Milan Pekovic midway in the season of his popular ballclub Ginebra. Both Panzarino and Pekovic plays at number 5. Oranio told the reporters that his team is likely preparing for his retirement. Oranio, 31, feels that he is not anymore needed in the team and be a part of the team's frontline after the reduced playing minutes being cited as very evident to prove his claim.

Another indication that make this veteran center made this statements is that the Rookie Andee Mansueto is now given assurance to play as center throughout the game during scrimmages thus leaving Oranio playing minutes down to 15-25mins each week.

"I am not upset, but of course as a player you would like to play more minutes as possible to help your team but i leave the decision to the Coach/management and i respect their decision that might be the reason why we reach this far, so we owe them where we are right now" says Oranio. "Actually, i should be thankful to the Ginking's organization for giving me a chance to grow as a player, it's just that as of the moment i'm not given a chance to play just like before" he added.

"It's possible, we never know, if some shows interest and confidence that i'm still fit to shore their frontline, i will accept such offers but they need to meet with my manager first and let's see if offer is just and acceptable" after being asked if it's possible to wear different jersey next season if his contract expires.

Brian Oranio is considered as part of the magic-five player during their season 11 rally to championship together with Nathaniel Marquez, Ruperto Vega, Ronald Alegro and Samuel Novera. He have been the Team Captain of the team for 4 seasons. He is also a franchise player with the best free throw percentage in the team who averages 3.6 pts, 7rebs in 15minutes per outing.

We've tried to reach the Brgy. Ginebra organization but they are still not giving out press releases and decided to talk to oranio first!

This Post:
157865.2 in reply to 157865.1
Date: 09/28/2010 06:04:30
Overall Posts Rated:
Ginebra Management will renew B. Oranio contract

Ginebra executives immediately send a dinner invitation last week after Oranio's statement during the press conference last week. "We invited him in a dinner to talk things down so that we can talk about the issue early on before it become a concern towards the management" says Robert Non.

"We consider him as one of the untouchables if we come up into a trade so how come that we will let him go." he added.

Ginebra is going to a royal battle later on against Baguio Victory which is also considered as a powerhouse team especially in the frontline and expect Oranio to play and beef up the post of the Ginkings.