BuzzerBeater Forums

Canada - III.11 > Season 16

Season 16

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 04/27/2011 18:57:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Alright! whats our thoughts and ideas about this season divisions and teams? i feel bad for losing last season but i completely understand why i lost , my big men are very weak so i got myself an 18 year old Canadian Center , lets see the magic happen . Personally i find the teams are very strong this Season but unfortunately theres a weak side AGAIN , lets make sure we dont let them win the All-Star game boys! anyways congrats to St-Louis...... w.e his name is for winning last season

This Post:
183214.2 in reply to 183214.1
Date: 04/28/2011 00:24:38
Overall Posts Rated:
You are basically right about the other conference except for Newmarket and a couple other teams from last year, they may have improved from last year. I know that this past week there is a lot happening on teams in our conference, for example, Raptors is going wild selling and loading up on cash - I feel he is bursting to splurge on at least one interesting player. Anyways - good luck to you this season

This Post:
183214.3 in reply to 183214.2
Date: 04/28/2011 00:47:46
Overall Posts Rated:
Last season was interesting, unfortunately it didn't end how any of us expected it. I don't want to get into how we are in the most unbalanced league in buzzerbeater (probably), I want to talk about this season. Looks like we are gonna have some good competition. We have mostly all improved from last season so there is no where to go but up heh. About me selling lots of players, Things didn't go the way i wanted last season so I felt a change was needed, some pieces just weren't working on my team and others...were costing me an arm, a leg and anything else I couldn't afford to lose. I have invested in some new pieces so there is no gigantic pile of cash to rely on, just a more balanced team that will hopefully result in a more defensive culture to my team. It's gonna be fun and I can't predict who's gonna take it this season. Good luck u guys, gonna be very close.

edit: Forgot to mention, congratz on the center hurricane's, he'll be a beast in no time, macedo couldn't get much better anyway.

Last edited by Ramc at 04/28/2011 00:49:17

To: Ramc
This Post:
183214.4 in reply to 183214.3
Date: 05/01/2011 00:55:18
Overall Posts Rated:
Well now we know...the only way to beat my team is to crunch us! =P lol. anyway gratz on your win liberia allstars, and i'm sorry in advance for all your future losses that will result from your bad enthusiasim.

To: Ramc
This Post:
183214.5 in reply to 183214.4
Date: 05/05/2011 00:11:25
Overall Posts Rated:
Not sure if any1 will even read this, seems like every1 is too angry to be concerned with what other teams are doing heh. Gotta take my hat off to Goombas, you are doing great but my comment is how you manage to make money in this game. It's unbelievable, you buy assets and turn them into greater assets in short amounts of time. Normally I wouldn't say anything but I just noticed you sold a 20 year old player, barely touched player (granted he had HoF potential, but it was too late in his career to make a huge difference) for an insane amount of money. It's very impressive.

This Post:
183214.6 in reply to 183214.5
Date: 05/05/2011 22:41:36
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, I read this forum regularly and I try to contribute as I can. Thank you for the compliment - but that 20 yr old player was trained for over one season, getting pops every week - his salary shot up this season and I just ran him up the flagpole to see if anybody wanted him, it just so happened that someone did - I would have been happy to keep him. As for the anger - I kinda noticed that - I suppose the competition does that to people, they either adapt and dig down to compete or quit. I also see that you are using the same tactics as last season where you lay low then just come in to make the playoffs and try to grab a decent draft pick - By the way how did your draft go?? Mine was crappy, I jettisoned the wastage. Good luck the rest of the season - Sorry I went normal against you last game, but I can't help myself when I go against your team - too good not to respect.
Regards

This Post:
183214.7 in reply to 183214.6
Date: 05/05/2011 23:53:56
Overall Posts Rated:
No worries, i kinda have a lot of free time now, college is out heh. But anyway I was just saying it would be difficult to sell a 20 year old player that hasn't been trained all that much no matter what the potential is for that much money. It's tougher to sell players in their late 20s that have salaries over 20,000 for a good sum of money. So I was just saying good job with that. I'm not sure what to do with my season anymore, kinda lost on what to do. I figure I'm not getting anywhere selecting good players and adding them to my roster, barely able to keep my economy going, while not making major improvements to my team in anyway. Do I keep trying until I'm lucky enough to promote or do I blow up my team without wasting anymore time...Gonna have to make a decision before the end of this season. Anyhow didn't really get any1 good in the draft, a decent pg with star potential, might make the u21 team possibly. Good luck to you as well with your season and I'm glad you did go normal against me, i don't want you to ruin your season as well. Thanks for the compliment.

This Post:
183214.8 in reply to 183214.7
Date: 05/07/2011 15:58:17
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow i shouldve checked the forum more often , and yeah ramc i noticed how you sold some players and bought different players but now i know to watch out for different threats i guess. Its also good to know im not they only one having a hard time with my economy , 117k$ from just one player is actually realllyyy demanding. Good luck to you ramc and you too Goombas ( im too lazy to check your username). Im not one for paragraphs either.

This Post:
183214.9 in reply to 183214.7
Date: 05/08/2011 18:17:22
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, you are right when it comes to selling that 20 yr old - I personally would not have spent anywhere close to that kind of money for his level of training. Well as to what you should do with your team - I believe it is all a matter of what do you want your team to be? Do you want to take the long road via the draft or do you want to buy a bunch of old guys for a quick sprint up that ladder? It comes down to your personal philosophy and what character do you want your team to have. I mean do want to go the route of the Hurricane's with one big guy or would you prefer a well rounded team. There is no real right or wrong answer - that what makes this site so interesting. All I can say is don't give up - rather let the blood of competition boil inside of you and be proactive - kick ass. Get a plan, stick with it don't let defeat get you down. By the way I don't mean to preach its that I'd hate to see you quit, seeing that you have a good team - it just sucks that we are all stuck in the same conference trying to outdo each other. Hang in there see you on the virtual hard court. :)

This Post:
183214.10 in reply to 183214.8
Date: 05/08/2011 18:19:49
Overall Posts Rated:
Good luck to you too - and yes when you get a bunch of competitive guys in the same conference the economy of those teams tend to suffer in trying to outdo each other.

This Post:
183214.11 in reply to 183214.9
Date: 05/08/2011 19:11:31
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the advice. And believe me I don't plan to quit, I really love this game. I'm just trying to decide what to do to benefit my team the best. I'll just sit back for now and see what happens.