BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.35 > SEASON PREDICTIONS!!!!

SEASON PREDICTIONS!!!!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/02/2011 14:28:48
Overall Posts Rated:
I am gonna predict who i think will come out of each side and predict the playoffs. Hope you enjoy!

For the Big 8 it doesnt look like their will not be much competition. But with my scouting i see a team no one else sees as a surprise team. That is the Naples Napalm. He has 2 20k guards and got the best player of the draft and it looks like he will bring in from anywhere from $550000 to $1000000. He is gonna have a lot of money to spend but no one knows how he will spend it. The rest of the division is rounded by in my opinion on the top side of the great 8 by The Boston Boss. Scottie Duncan is going to try to lead his team to a finals this year and he will get help from a couple of role players. Da Vicks is the only other team i could see make some noise from the great 8's side.

And now for the Great 8. Returning from the finals the shippensburg raiders will look to be the team to beat this year with an impressive sqaud and also looking to sell a couple of key players to get a more balanced team. Behind the raiders i think it will be really tight between v sqaud and the bobcatz again. bobcatz hasnt signed on in a little while so he could go bot and then it completely change the side. The only other team that could make a little noise is the maine claws. They got a great draftee and it looks like he is only going to build this year.

Onto my rankings:
Big 8
1. Boston Boss- As I said a pretty good team that will look to be led my Scottie Duncan. Was only one game away from the finals so most likely has to be the favorite.
2. Naples Napalm.- A surprise team but if he actually competes he has two studs at the guard position. Might tank the season again though so no one knows.
3. Da Vicks- A little bit of an older team but has some good players and they could make an upset or two.
4. Double Dubz- Dont think will make much noise but prolly the 4th best team.

Great 8
1. Shippensburg Raiders- They got second place last season in their first season and will most likely be back for this season. They will be led by new u21 player Azamat Shaihiev. They are gonna be making a lot of changes but only to benefit the team.
2. Bobcatz- If he doesnt go bot still has some good players that could make some noise and get the second or maybe even first seed.
3.V Squad- Mostly only has one player but has some decent players around him and depending on Bobcatz could get the second seed.
4. Maine Claws- Hopefully has a lot of pops for the future of his team. Next year he could compete a lot more if gets some more role players and his rookie really pans out.

Playoff Predictions:
Boston Boss vs. Double Dubz- Boss wins easily
Napalm vs. Da Vicks- This could go either way depending on how Napalm decides to use his team but i will take Napalm for now.

Raiders vs. Claws- Raiders should win easily since claws doesnt have any bigs.
Bobcatz vs. V Squad- Im gonna take the V Squad cause i think by the end of the season he could add a player or two.

Semi's:
Boss vs. Napalm- If Napalm uses his money from his rookie to get a lot of role players i would maybe take him but i feel The Boston Boss is a fairly strong team with not many weaknesses and will pull away and get in to the Finals.

Raiders vs V Squad- Raiders big men will be to much and V Squad with only one player right now could get the game out of hand.

Finals:
Raiders vs. Boss- I hate to be bias towards my own team but they were in the finals last year and I think in their second season they will pull away with the title. I think it will go 3 games since Scottie Duncan looks to be a great leader and they have better guards than the raiders. But the big men for the Raiders once again will pull away being to dominate.

These are only predictions and for fun. Comments are Great and i cant wait for the season to start. Good luck to all!

This Post:
200986.2 in reply to 200986.1
Date: 11/03/2011 07:04:07
Overall Posts Rated:
Really takin the underdog bobitz, I wouldnt take the Napalm that high. I was thinkin 4th or fifth, but what do I know. Also, I don't think you should cange your team too much. My favorite quote ever is "Don't try to fix what is't broken." By the looks of your team last season, not alot was broken :D

This Post:
200986.3 in reply to 200986.2
Date: 11/05/2011 18:29:31
Overall Posts Rated:
If you read my press release you saw this:

Big 8:
1. The Boston Boss 20-1: Tough team to beat, and well rounded enough for a D5 to be able to win all games in the conference.
2. Naples Napalm 19-2: No big move yet, but they have a bigger bank account than Bill Gates.
3. Da Vicks 15-7: A team that has been known to make significant runs in the regular season
4. Taino Indians 12-10: Pulled off reasonable success last season

Great 8:
1. Shippensburg Raiders 22-0: Easy selection, unstoppable in all skills. Cant be defeated, unless you're the Flying Cows :)
2. Bobcatz 17-5: Powerful team that has not made an changes, but could be reasonable in the regular season
3. V Squad 15-7: Seems like they have an extremely similar team as the Bobcatz
4. Maine Claws 12-10: Average team, but can be an upset team. Pulled off many upsets last season, which can be all it take to win it all

Round 1:
TBB/ TI: Boss win because of offense
NAP/DA: Napalm win if they make a big move this offseason
RAI/MAI: Raiders win, period
CHA/SQU: Very close game, but I will take the upset with Vsquad

Round 2:
TBB/NAP: Taking Napalm if they make a move soon, if they don't, I take me
RAI/CHA: Raiders, they're too powerful inside
Finals:
TBB/RAI: Game 3 finish, Raiders win in a margin of 10-20.

CHAMPION: SHIPPENSBURG RAIDERS

This Post:
200986.4 in reply to 200986.3
Date: 11/08/2011 21:42:30
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow. I could have and you might even say should have beat Shippensburg Raiders on the road. That game was a lot closer than the final score indicates. My one complaint: WTH was Dave Velasquez doing taking literally every shot down the stretch (and bricking them all)?

On the bright side, it definitely gives me hope for the future. Cedrick Pagan in particular looked pretty good until the 4th, when he was obviously tired--the result of having played so many minutes. That depressed his stat line especially in the area of TOs, but he still managed to score a game-high 20 points. Still, he was aggressive in taking shots when his team needed it. I'm excited to see what happens after a season of training when he's more skilled. Look out, V.35!

This Post:
200986.5 in reply to 200986.4
Date: 11/09/2011 10:49:30
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah nice job but to me idc what i win by 1 or 50 i just like to get in the w column. good game though and really liking the rookie

This Post:
200986.6 in reply to 200986.5
Date: 11/09/2011 12:37:50
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah a win's a win. TBH, I was probably saying that it was closer than it appeared at least partially to make myself feel better. And I'm pretty happy with Pagan so far. He had the ball stolen a couple of times b/c of his atrocious handling, but he passed well and shot fairly well considering the defensively dominant nature of the game. Interestingly enough, out of the top rookies of this class, two (Meeker and Bunn) have been sold or are close to being sold, one (Gary McDowell) was forced to retire due to management issues, and only two of note (Pagan and Duvall) are with their original teams. Just saying.

This Post:
200986.7 in reply to 200986.6
Date: 11/09/2011 16:12:49
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, that was a pretty close game, I was rootin for you. No offense bobitz, but I love a good upset :D

This Post:
200986.8 in reply to 200986.7
Date: 11/11/2011 09:45:49
Overall Posts Rated:
Cedrick Pagan is a beast, but I have the guy with the best name in the league, Dick Mccracken :D

This Post:
200986.9 in reply to 200986.8
Date: 11/11/2011 12:32:16
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, I might be able to argue that but it would be difficult. But I'll bet Mccracken didn't get a triple pop this week.

Handling, passing, driving...oh yeah!

SIDE NOTE: I noticed you bought Calvin Bunn back. First, do you have to pay those 3% sales fees on transfers to yourself? Second, why? $750K is a very good sum for an 18yo with his skills/potential. Especially if you lost money through the transfer fee, why would you spend so much to keep him?

Last edited by Trueborn at 11/11/2011 13:53:56

This Post:
200986.10 in reply to 200986.9
Date: 11/11/2011 18:18:58
Overall Posts Rated:
I thought I was gettin a U21 player with my 1 million, so I thought I didnt need bunn. SO then I didnt get the guy and im like shit. SO I noticed while I bid against the guy it was gettin really high, so I decided if it went over 800000 id let him go. My mentor and some people in the U21 comitee say he has a serious chance of some day even being a starting PG on the U21. And by the way congrats for the triple pop, I'm glad he's doing so well. I hope he can keep training so well.

This Post:
200986.11 in reply to 200986.10
Date: 11/11/2011 23:04:06
Overall Posts Rated:
U21 STARTING point guard? Wow. You sure about that? I wouldn't think he'd have more than an outside chance at a backup role let alone starter, considering that he has all atrocious inside skills and the US traditionally runs LI, don't they? Plus I'm sure there's higher potential and better skilled prospects with equally good height floating around with high-level trainers and experienced managers (does the name Cedrick Pagan ring any bells? O_O). What level trainer do you have, btw?

But seriously, despite my little joke about Pagan, I have little actual idea about what it takes to be a U21 player so I could be completely mistaken. Regardless, best of luck with him!

Last edited by Trueborn at 11/11/2011 23:15:17