USA - V.22 > Season 23

Season 23

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/05/2013 18:49:20
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey all!

Welcome back to another season. If you're new and just joining us, make yourselves at home. DV is infamous for being very inactive and boring, so it's up to us to make it lively. So let's kick off the preseason with some picks on who will come out on top this season. I'll put mine up soon.

This Post:
237830.2 in reply to 237830.1
Date: 03/05/2013 20:19:14
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey welcome everyone and good luck this season. I'll post my predictions from observation but of course these are very temporary as anyone of us can buy a stud player that could make all the difference.

Alright well as I am in the Big 8 I'll start there. With only 2 active teams, myself and Statesboro, I expected a 1-2 finish this season with Statesboro finishing ahead of my team. I'm still learning this game and I haven't been very active on the transfer market, while Statesboro is lead by their superstar SG, Hardin who averaged over 30 points for the team in the last few games after joining them.

In the more active Great 8 League:
1. Washington Hoyas - with the most talented outside attack and PG in the league, the Hoyas will have no problem scoring.
2. Downtown Dudes - The Dudes are a very solid team throughout, and even though they finished higher than the Hoyas last season, they were knocked out by them in the playoffs. The battle will be between these two teams all season.
3. Turkculer - this team, as they showed me twice at the end of last season, is also very well rounded and will pose a threat to the top two teams. The two new big men will definitely make them a more competitive team, but they might just fall short.
4. Crown Height - This team will finish last compared to all of the other active teams in the league. It seems like Crown is selling their best and highest paid player leaving them with players comparable to the ones new teams start with.

This Post:
237830.3 in reply to 237830.2
Date: 03/06/2013 09:34:51
Overall Posts Rated:
I think you tried to quote me, but it didn't work?

Big 8

1. Richmond City River- A young, but promising team. Although there isn't a lot of talent yet salary-wise, being active goes a long way. It takes a lot of activity to be successful, and you can pick up a lot of good advice just hanging out.

2. Statesboro Knights- Better depth than Richmond, but not quite as active. I'd certainly like to hear more from you whitefoxx, it makes the game so much more fun. Unless RCR can really improve this season, I see the Knights taking the top spot in the Big 8.

3-8. All bot or innactive, you guys have an easy conference this year. Although I think it makes us all feel better knowing that team voodoo is bot. :p

Great 8

1. Crown Height Dynasty- A decent team, still needs a lot of work. Looks like the manager is blowing it up and rebuilding this year, so it's going to be a work in progress.

2. Downtown Dudes- It's me! Just pulled me a cool new center, and want to get on track with some decent training this year. The Hoyas are my rival again, and Jay Dukes, I know you're active and you know where the forums are. :p

3. Türkçüler- The foreigner's back, this time with a brand new center and a nice bid to win the conference this season. It all comes down the GS and enthusiasm, which they were able to manage well last season.

4. Washington Hoyas- My rival. Looks like I've got to go through another season dealing with Vernon Manning, terrific. Running a fast paced full court offense, their outside attack is tremendous, at the expense of losing a lot of control in the paint.

It's a little too early to tell, but I'd be inclined to agree with crazyburglar's picks, except it's yet to be seen how GS goes this year. That was the defining factor that held back the Hoyas for most of the season, and will determine their fate.

This Post:
237830.4 in reply to 237830.3
Date: 03/09/2013 23:52:10
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey, I just joined this season, looking forward to getting into the swing of things, the beginning, and well, the entirety of my schedule looks brutal compared to the teams that I am facing...

As for my first game, after losing by nearly 30 my first game my confidence swindles..., but I'm convinced that it was closer than the final score made it seem. Nearly tied 3 quarters but in the second I scored a whopping six points compared to Crown heights Dynasty's 29... Not to mention a starter with 6 TOs, and a horrific shooting %.

I'm investing in some young'ins and going to try to be active, hopefully on the forum as well, never been into forums much, so it'll also be a new experience for me. Really impressed with the depth of this game though.

This Post:
237830.5 in reply to 237830.4
Date: 03/11/2013 10:43:34
Overall Posts Rated:
Cool! Great to have you! The US actually has an offsite forum where the top managers here discuss tactics and training. It's the home for National Teams as well, and we'd love to have you. If you want to figure out this game, going there is the best place to be. Here's a link: http://s3.zetaboards.com/BuzzerBeater_USA_NT/index/

In other news, great start to the season everyone! If the BB gods please to keep me injury free for a while, I think I'll turn out all right. :p Congrats to crazburglar for a great win on Saturday.

This Post:
237830.6 in reply to 237830.5
Date: 03/11/2013 11:39:47
Overall Posts Rated:
I was up the entire game, then that last quarter down 11 with less than 2 minutes left scared me but 5/6 three point shooting really saved me!

This Post:
237830.7 in reply to 237830.6
Date: 03/15/2013 17:47:32
Overall Posts Rated:
Good luck to all tomorrow! I've got a tough game ahead against the Turks, so it'll be another barn burner for the Dudes.

This Post:
237830.8 in reply to 237830.7
Date: 03/17/2013 13:57:15
Overall Posts Rated:
What's up out there? Anyone alive? In any case, Saturday's game between the Dudes and the Turks was more competitive than the score suggests, both teams putting up excellent ratings to really give V.22 a show. Marian Guzowski lead the team with 17 points and 13 rebounds, while Branko Baratović tore up the defense from out the outside, shooting 10-24 from the field for 23 points as the Dudes took the the day 97-78. I was really surprised by this score, thought it would be a lot closer, but the competition was tight in each quarter.

Elsewhere, Richmond City River edged out old man 88-81. Yiannis Ftiaratos had another spectacular day for the River, shooting 17-26 from the field for 43 points and scoring 2 of Richmond's trio of 3 pointers.

Anyway, these were the highlights in my opinion, now what's yours?

This Post:
237830.9 in reply to 237830.8
Date: 03/17/2013 14:55:06
Overall Posts Rated:
Congrats on that huge win and bouncing back from the opening day loss. Looking at those ratings really frightened me, the highest i've had a player rating was 7.5 I think so those cross conference games are looking very dangerous for me. Ftiaratos has been surprising for me. I bid on him as one of the things new players must do to finish the tutorial and surprisingly I got him. I am so happy he keeps my salary low while also leading my team with his ratings and most importantly his scoring. If only I could play him every game...but it definitely has surprised me that he is leading the league in scoring. Maybe he can keep that up.

This Post:
237830.10 in reply to 237830.9
Date: 03/17/2013 15:25:38
Overall Posts Rated:
You should be able to play him every game, as long as you have a good backup behind him, he should be fine on his minutes. You're also running a Patient offense, so your team is going to spend time setting up a shot, and if he's one of your best players, then he's going to get the ball more.

I didn't want to have to expand as fast as I did roster-wise, but I needed to do so in order to stay competitive and have the chance to promote this season. It was exciting for me as well to see the turnout, it was really the first time I was able to see the new roster come together.

This Post:
237830.11 in reply to 237830.10
Date: 03/18/2013 22:20:58
Overall Posts Rated:
Of course, but I'm also trying to save him for a part in the cup to make some more money. I was looking at my schedule and I'm pretty sure I picked one of the worst, with Statesboro playing the teams after me and the teams before me being inactive. Not to mention that I have all of you tough, active teams one after another. Not happy with that.