BB USA > [U21] Switzerland

[U21] Switzerland

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 3/11/2013 6:41:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
USA 108 - Switzerland 116

The Season 23 U21 team got off to an auspicious start, losing their first scrimmage to Switzerland. The trip was a disaster from beginning to end. Upon arrival, fewmit called a staff meeting to discuss tactics and strategy. He and training consultant Rhyminsimon got into a heated debate over whether it would be smart to run an outside offense,while Jfarb sat in the back stroking his Cup Trophy, and telling it how much he loved it. New team equipment manager Tough was kicked out of the meeting when he suggested a French Patient. This staff may not agree on much, but they do all share a livid and completely unwarranted hate of the French. Tough is still recovering in the hospital after a brick hit him in the temple on his way out. Reports that I threw the brick are unconfirmed and cannot be proven in court. The meeting wrapped up soon afterward, when Magiker stood up and said "You know, when I was manager...", at which point there was a rush to the door. Jfarb went back to Canada to continue his sabotage campaign there, and I called my lawyer. Just to check in.

The calamity continued on the court Sunday, where the Swiss, despite refusing to declare which side they were on for most of the first quarter, jumped out to an early lead and never looked back. Most of their dominance stemmed from their incredible versatility. It seemed as if all of them could do it all. Shoot, defend, rebound, open wine bottles, file nails, slice things, floss...you name it they could do it.

Around the third quarter, Fewmit began crying, to which Magiker was heard muttering, "Is he crying? I never cried when I was coach...but then again I never lost either...."

When all was said and done, the USA was dealt an 8 point loss. Lonnie Himes played a terrible game, going 3-15 from three and scoring two buckets for the Swiss after being confused by their incredible kindness and stunning good looks. The lone bright spots were The Ginger Twins at small forward. Anaya and McMullen both had productive games, mostly caused by their opponent's unwillingness to go anywhere near them. I would have interviewed them post game, but frankly they sort of creep me out too.

We'll keep you posted on the team throughout this Worlds run!

-Yeppers

This Post:
238589.2 in reply to 238589.1
Date: 3/11/2013 6:48:17 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
that wasn't me, it was my twin brother rough

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!

This Post:
238589.3 in reply to 238589.1
Date: 3/11/2013 7:36:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Fine, I was crying...crying at magiker's betrayal to the Swiss of our tactics before the game. Random 3-2 my ass. He'll deny it, but the jagoff has worked every angle to tarnish my tenure so he can make a run at coaching again.

Honestly, the only reason we lost was that the Swiss guards were dressed like, well, Swiss Guards. Playing guys in brightly colored pantaloons is something I didn't prepare the team for. That and they were allowed to use their quarterstaves on defense. Last time I agree to an away scrim....

Group hug!
This Post:
238589.4 in reply to 238589.3
Date: 3/11/2013 10:06:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah and without a Pope to guard right now, they weren't distracted from their basketball playing like in seasons past.

Join the official USA offsite forum for helper tools, camaraderie and advice! (http://s3.zetaboards.com/BuzzerBeater_USA_NT/index/) – Builder of the Training Simulator: (229484.1) – Former host of the Golden Clam Invitational (http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)

This Post:
238589.5 in reply to 238589.1
Date: 3/22/2013 2:03:28 AM
Upsyndrome
III.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Upsyndrome II
Most of their dominance stemmed from their incredible versatility. It seemed as if all of them could do it all. Shoot, defend, rebound, open wine bottles, file nails, slice things, floss...you name it they they could do it.

I see what you did there: Swiss Army knife-like-versatility. You just blew my mind.

Last edited by A-Dub at 3/22/2013 2:06:04 AM

"You will lose." -Ivan Drago