BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.16 > BREAKING NEWS: Two Players Acquired by Tallahassee

BREAKING NEWS: Two Players Acquired by Tallahassee

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/30/2014 19:13:45
Overall Posts Rated:
Breaking news everyone, the Tallahassee Trees have brought in a new center and small forward. According to sources, the small forward, who has likely the longest name in the league (and a name I love, Supanut Chotchuangchatchawan), will start at that position tonight in a scrimmage vs. the Portland Porcupines (a Div. IV team). Also, for just over $100,000, the Trees made a deal to bring in Albert Wittenbecher, a Swiss center. Likely this season we'll see Wittenbecher start at power forward, since Nikos Goulandris, the current starter at center, is better (slightly) than Albert.

These two deals have greatly affected Malik Adams' career more than anyone else's. Adams, a former Jamaica U21 player, was starting at small forward throughout these first ten games of season 26. Now, Adams, a true power forward, will find himself contributing off the bench for the Trees, a sacrifice he has to be willing to take. "I love Malik," Coach LaRon Jackson told us in an interview. "But he isn't going to start anymore, even though he is a great player. He'll play his true position now off the bench, so hopefully he'll play even better at power forward than at the 3."

Other news regarding the Trees: point guard Billy Caron, an Italian basketball player, is rehabbing from his injury. "It's only a minor setback," he told us earlier today, "and I'll come back stronger than ever soon." According to the medical staff for Tallahassee, the injury should only keep Caron out for two more weeks. Young point guard Stewart Soto has been playing in his slot off the bench, backing up team MVP HipĆ³lito Rossy. "I am so proud of the depth we have on this team," Coach Jackson commented. "We don't just have a strong starting 5, we have a great team built behind it. Rossy, Caron, and Soto all play quality ball at the 1. It isn't just Rossy who is a great player." Long-time Tree and team Hall of Famer Bobby Pittman agrees. "This team has been just building more and more depth as we've gone on. This is the best Tallahasse Trees team I've been on in all my years here."

So how will all of these transaction affect the Trees' play? Tonight we get a sample when the Trees scrimmage the Division IV Porcupines (8 EST/7 CST), and on Saturday Supanut and Wittenbecher have their first taste of V.16 action as they take on the young Beltsville Bulls. For all of your Tallahassee Trees news, stay right here on the North Florida Sports Network (NFSN).

This Post:
254693.2 in reply to 254693.1
Date: 01/30/2014 19:15:07
Overall Posts Rated:
Supanut Chotchuangchatchawan: (24602292)

Albert Wittenbecher: (25192107)

This Post:
254693.3 in reply to 254693.2
Date: 01/31/2014 00:50:13
Overall Posts Rated:
lol 'Supanut' and damn...as if it already wasn't hard enough to beat you. You might've just clinched an undefeated season.

This Post:
254693.4 in reply to 254693.3
Date: 01/31/2014 14:49:55
Overall Posts Rated:
Haha yeah I love that name.

But also, I'm still not sure it's a "clinch" just yet. I played against my best friend last night, and he steamrolled me. However, Supanut did drop 25 points in his debut with the team. We'll see how they play together tomorrow night.