BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.16 > Breaking News!

Breaking News!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 2/13/2014 3:01:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Mike Maclin: Breaking News fans! This just in at the All-Star game’s post conference we received some shocking information from SyracuseOrange starting play caller, Pierre Chatard:

Pierre Chatard: "*Ahem* Hello everyone I have an announcement to make concerning my future with the SyracuseOrange. . . Before I continue I would like to thank the management and all those guys in the locker room for all the support, hard work, and good times we had together. . .You know uh – 2 years ago when I first got off that plane and stood next to my right hand man Cao Yiliang on this American soil I didn’t know a lick of English. All I could see was orange ; there were so many people at that airport awaiting my arrival. I knew nothing of them and they didn’t know a thing about me. All they knew was that I was a young prodigy out of France and that they’re new team would be getting me. The town welcomed me with warm arms. *Sniff* But as we all know. . . Everything must come to an end. After much careful thought and advice from my representatives. . . I’ve decided I won’t be returning next season. This is all very hard on me, and at first I decided I wouldn’t follow through with it. That is until my best friend Cao told me that if what I wanted to do felt right to me, I should go for it. He said he’d miss me dearly and he knows I’ll miss him, but my name has been called and I’m ready to return to my homeland of France. Don’t worry fans. Jaime Ferrero is taking the driver’s seat and if you knew what I knew you’d know he’s writing a one-way ticket for your SyracuseOrange straight to the Finals!"

Mike Maclin: What an unexpected turn of events. Chatard, one of the cornerstones of the SyracuseOrange’s recent success has truly dropped a ball on us mid-season.

Ben Vilares: Yes Mike and the guy was as solid as can be. A 6’8 point that could rebound, pass, score, and force turnovers. No doubt this squad and these players will miss him! All I can say is good luck to Jaime Fererro and the new-look Orange on Saturday as they face the undefeated Tallahassee Trees.

Mike Maclin: How will this team fare with this hit in its chemistry? Yet another reason to tune into what could be the game of the regular season this Saturday February 15th!

Last edited by Jmacroyal7y at 2/13/2014 3:02:53 AM

This Post:
255042.2 in reply to 255042.1
Date: 2/13/2014 10:17:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with Mike and Ben. There are SO many reasons to tune in on the 15th.

This Post:
255042.3 in reply to 255042.2
Date: 2/24/2014 9:07:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Comments from Coach Jinx:

REPORTER: We got word today from the GM and Owner of Above the Rim that you were going to announce a shake up in ATR operations.

COACH JINX: "That's correct we are making changes"

"We have stuck to the motto of building through the draft and creating a team that could grow together and compliment each other on the court. We have stuck by that motto throughout last season and through the first half of this season."

"We've watched teams go out and spend top dollar for veteran players while we stuck to our game plan. So I'm hear to announce a shake-up and a changing of the guard at Above the Rim. We're about to spend some money!!!"

"We will go forward with the following starting line-up."

"Bar Shapira - Point Guard: Bar has been the most solid point guard that we've had at ATR and the organization feels comfortable going forward with."

"Tsampikos Karouselis - Shooting Guard: "Samp Carousel" has been a player we've been following for a few years, and we were fortunate to be able to pick him up. He brings a well rounded game like his name providing a little more leadership, defense, and scoring to a team that could use a little more punch. This transaction will move Donny Hardman to our 6th man position giving us proven depth off the bench."

"Theo Bullard - Small Forward: Theo plays the game with a passion and has been with ATR since our inception. He is our small forward going into the future and that will never change."

"Amadeo Ruiz - Power Forward: Has been steady since a rookie and still growing into the position. There will be no change here."

"Antoine Moreau - Center: Antoine has come along way but the position will not be given to him... there is another player still out there we covet and we'll make that announcement if that deal goes through. The two will battle it out for the starter roll. If we can't make that deal, Wikki Duley and Antoine will battle it out."

"Stay tuned..."

Last edited by Coach Jinx at 2/24/2014 9:09:56 PM

This Post:
255042.4 in reply to 255042.3
Date: 3/3/2014 10:17:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Scandal involving Staff @ Hooters

From documents obtained from the 2nd Judicial Court of *****. The defendant, Carlos Taveres has charges of indecent and self exposure to the fellowing cheerleading squad. Mr. Taveres has been released effective immedaitely as a former staff member. While we have enjoyed his skills in Crowd Involvment, We at Hooters do not tolerate such behavior. The plaintiff, Ms. Busty Galore is seeking physciologial and congential visits on occaisions. Stircter guidleines are to be enfored by imtemplating a 'no twerking' big brother policy.
We have contacted a new staff member ( D.Philips) that will follow thru with the ticket sales and enthusiam, that our fans bring to every game. What he lacks in experience, will offset the budget in the near future to pave the way for better talent.

Last edited by KRB at 3/3/2014 10:23:45 AM