BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.16 > PRESS CONFERENCE: Trees Players Comment on Tomorrow's Game

PRESS CONFERENCE: Trees Players Comment on Tomorrow's Game

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/21/2014 23:18:16
Overall Posts Rated:
INTERVIEWER: So the Jiggling Juggernauts have been picked to finally knock the Trees off their undefeated streak. What do you players have to say about that?

BOBBY PITTMAN (CAPTAIN): Well, first off, I believe we've played these kids before. And not only that, but we've beaten them. The Juggz obviously put more into the game last time we faced off, but this week it's "crunch time." Our team is going all out to stop these players.

HIPÓLITO ROSSY: These "Juggz" are nothing more than chicks on the court, like their well-known cheerleaders. That's how they play too. We aren't scared of them, and we aren't scared of whatever distractions they'll throw at us when we travel to wherever these girls play. We know, however, that it won't be an even playing field on their home court. Big deal. We've got this.

ORLONDÓN TORRIJOS: Like Bobby said, we were taking the first game against these guys easy, and treated it like any other game. Since the season is winding down, every game is "crunch time" for us. Coach will back me up on that.

COACH LARON JACKSON: Indeed I will. I respect their team's manager, but we aren't taking it easy on them when we play tomorrow. Watch out.

INTERVIEWER: Who will be the keys to winning this ballgame?

BOBBY: We all know about how well Supanut has been playing for us so far, and he's an awesome guy. Despite this, there isn't just one key player on our team. We're all going to equally contribute, whether that's with encouragement or with performance on the court.

COACH: Yes, I completely agree with Bobby. I did do some scouting about their team and who their strengths are, and I found that their PG averages the most PPG, followed closely by their PF. So I'll need Albert and Hipólito to step up the defense this game.

ALBERT WITTENBECHER: I'll play the best defense I can, down low and outside.

HIPÓLITO: I know how important this game is. I'm going to play like I did in last year's all star game, but with a little more assists and a lot less points. (laughs)

SUPANUT CHOTCHUANGCHATCHAWAN: My last two games have been tremendous, but I'm not the only player on the court for us Trees. I'm also going to play my best defense that I can so we can shut this team down.

INTERVIEWER: Quick question for you, Suapnut. How do you feel about all of the opportunities you've gotten with the Trees in such a short time?

SUPANUT: I feel blessed, man. Coach is awesome and my teammates are never selfish. Hipólito and Orlondón are always dishing me the ball, and Nikos and Albert always are collecting my misses.

NIKOS GOULANDRIS: You don't miss THAT much, Supa.

SUPANUT: Yeah, yeah. But anyway, I am very thankful for the spotlight given to me here in Tallahassee.

INTERVIEWER: One last question, and this is for Coach. LaRon, why have you let so many players go as of late? What was wrong?

COACH: Well, some players were complaining about their playing time, while others were just filling roster spots. All in all, we had, well, 16 players I believe at the start of the season. We acquired two, Supa and Albert, and we just had too many players sitting out. We were paying them money every week for not even coming out to our games.

INTERVIEWER: Is the money going towards another acquisition?

COACH: Well, as we all know, you cannot acquire a player during the playoffs, and if you do, that player cannot participate in any playoff games. So either we make a small addition very soon or we save up to improve for Division IV.

INTERVIEWER: Thanks LaRon, and all of the Trees.

MALIK ADAMS: WE'RE GOING TO BEAT THOSE JUGGERNAUTS, MON! THIS IS THE BIG SHOWDOWN, MON!

INTERVIEWER: Uhh, thanks Malik.

This special press conference was brought to you by the North Florida Sports Network (NFSN).

Last edited by LaRon Jackson at 02/21/2014 23:21:46

This Post:
255227.2 in reply to 255227.1
Date: 02/22/2014 16:15:39
Overall Posts Rated:
Yea this a i very HUGE game for us Juggz..but we cannot play 'crunch' due to our next week opponent. It would be devastating if we lose both games, and would not be fair to Neo for not playing up to par.
Therefore our cheerleaders will be slipping in some nip-slips during gameplay. It might help some foul situations to keep the refs off our backs or the girls racks.
The Juggs have re-balanced some positions around to enable a more complete team balance.

This Post:
255227.3 in reply to 255227.2
Date: 02/22/2014 16:48:24
Overall Posts Rated:
Haha man I love that funny writing you throw in to add to the traits of your team. The "nip-slips" joke right there to add to the distractions I was talking about, man I'm gonna miss this league's forum for so many reasons. Coach Jinx's writing, Neo's writing (whenever he has time for it, though), and KRB's jokes make up an awesome league forum.

Last edited by LaRon Jackson at 02/22/2014 16:48:31