BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - IV.57 > Winding down of Season 31

Winding down of Season 31

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/28/2015 3:27:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi, new here. I joined this game kinda late to towards the end of the season, so there's a lot I don't know. I asked this question on another thread, but hopefully I can get more specific answers here.

Firstly, I can't seem to figure out when the next draft and following season will begin. I just need some kind of timetable to make my plans.

Another big question is developing my young players with training. Like how does it work? Is it that if I train a turnover prone yet promising young point guard to work on his passing, then he plays a game or two with minimal TOs, then there is a slight improvement? Or does it occur somewhat randomly?

KingMarvel

This Post:
271694.2 in reply to 271694.1
Date: 7/28/2015 9:53:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Here is the offseason schedule (http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thr...)

Here is a helpful guide (http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thr...)

The guide will give a deeper description of training, but the basics are your training speed depends on a few factors. The level of the trainer, the age of the player, and the height of the player. Guard skills train faster for shorter players, big skills train faster for taller players. A higher trainer level increases training speeds, but costs you more money each week. Younger players train much faster than older players. 18-22 is the typical training age for players, but you can train past that depending on the potential of the player. They higher the potential, the more skills they can have. Players skills begin to drop once they turn 33. 1 position training also trains specific skills faster than 2 position training.

If you ever have specific questions you can always BB-Mail me and I'll do what I can to help.

I have 1757 players for sale and I'm $25,835,360 in debt. Buy them at outrageous prices, or be selfish and make me go bankrupt. You decide, BB.

This Post:
271694.3 in reply to 271694.1
Date: 7/28/2015 12:15:37 PM
Mighty Moose Rockets
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
A Team Has No Name
Your player Cole Dunlap looks incredible with that potential. I don't know his starting skills but you could definitely sell him for a nice chunk of cash if you don't want to train him.

Read the info on training that khenry gave you and you'll get a basic feel for it. Essentially you want the players that you're training to get 48+ minutes each week at the position that you're training (i.e. Pressure for PG, you need to get your guys 48mins at the PG position). You can have 3 games per week if you schedule a scrimmage, so most people focus on 2 or 3 trainees. Every Friday training for the week completes and your guys will improve in the skill that you trained.

I think you're going to drop down a division next season but you have the second pick in our draft so hopefully you can pick up a good player.

This Post:
271694.4 in reply to 271694.2
Date: 7/28/2015 11:32:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the links and I will mail with more questions. Thanks again

This Post:
271694.5 in reply to 271694.3
Date: 7/28/2015 11:34:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the extra tips and congrats on winning the championship. Maybe someday I'll meet you there.

Edit: Oh wait, sorry. I see you just won Game 1. Good luck on Game 2

Last edited by Marvel at 7/28/2015 11:41:25 PM