BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Australia > U21 National Team Speeches

U21 National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
276753.2 in reply to 276753.1
Date: 02/16/2016 10:25:30
rimmers
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Redbacks
Id like to put my name forward as Australia's U21 manager for the next two seasons.

Having managed the team since mid season 27, Ive implemented a program that has kept Australia in the top 10 nations in the world. Currently ranked 7th, we are successful in developing talent from the draft to 21 years. But there is 6 nations in front of us. And 2 of these are from our confederation, meaning we are in for a tough season 34.

My goals, if elected, would be:
1. qualify for the world cup. Whilst this has been achievable over the last 3 seasons, season 34 looms as the most challenging. Our roster is not what it has been in the past. To achieve this we are going to need some real cohesion from the team selected, and implement some training plans to fill some weaknesses that exist amongst the group.

2. Make a semi final in the World Cup. Our 20 year old crop appears to be a strong one. Lets raise the bar at the international stage and bring some silverware home from the big stage! In order to prepare for this I would like to again declare an u20 team an work closely with these managers to ensure we have an outstanding variety of players ready to fill multiple positions. Given our team this season will likely feature 5-6 of 20 year olds, it should be easy to keep a close eye on them!

The other additional things I will bring to the role have not changed, such as weekly write ups + MVPs. I'm trying to keep a core group of interested managers involved. It is important to me that the u21 team is appealing to managers with and without players in the team.

Ill leave it there for a speech but encourage discussion with the role as Id like nothing more than season 34 and 35 to exceed our previous seasons achievements.