NT S35 - Scrimmage 1

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 06/20/2016 09:21:04
V.A.W.T.
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Tonight is a scrimmage against Venezuela, a team with about the same rank as us, so it should be a pretty even game.
Our guards have optimal GS for the first time, can't wait to see them in action!
As far as strategy, I'm a bit undecided whether I should try something a bit weird like an inside/outside isolation, or something like base offense to try and determine what is our best focus in the GE (outside vs. inside).
Venezuela appears to have better bigs than guards, but they used outside offenses so in the end I think they have about the same kind of team as us.

So it's a bit last minute, but if anyone wants to decide/experiment which offense/defense to run, shoot me a bb-mail before the game!

This Post:
280282.2 in reply to 280282.1
Date: 06/21/2016 10:01:18
V.A.W.T.
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Another win, but they didn't play their best lineup.

One thing I liked yesterday was that even though they played patient, their points are evenly spread thorough their lineup, meaning that we don't really have weak points.
Nixon was really good, but still has a really poor shoot percentage (9/25), especially for a big. This is not the first time he shot poorly... His starting spot is not in danger however, with all the rebounds he takes!
Kearin @ PF shot better, and even Burimenko was excellent despite only playing 10 minutes (it's a struggle to choose which ones of these 3 will start when they have equal GS!). Vallieres is still a bit behind though.
Hudgins played well as usual, Madiar was a bit low on GS.
Overall our guards were good, not dominating but good nontheless. We lack JR so they didn't really attempted 3s (that's a good thing when you're shooting 0/7 from behind the arc!), and we could have had a bit more assists if they had better Pa (Rouillard was a good surprise though, but venezuelian guards are not the best).

Next week game is against Guatemala, should also be an easy win, but the game after that against Brasil on July 4 is the most important of the season. Keep up the good work!

On another note, if your player popped in the past few weeks and I contacted you via bb-mail, keep me updated!