BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > FML Radio is BACK!

FML Radio is BACK!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 09/03/2016 01:02:15
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey everyone! We are back at it. Huge thanks to khenry once again for putting this together, this would not be possible without him.

Here is the third episode of FML Radio LIVE! where we sit down with Isaiah and Jason to talk about how the NT is different now from what it used to be. We are hoping to get this rolling again. Sorry for any quality problems, there were some connectivity issues during the recording but we fixed them as best we could.

Hit us up with ideas for the show! We want to make it more entertaining and to pertain to all users so anyone can participate and all ideas are welcome!

https://youtu.be/02xeZsAPq_U

Last edited by Chekreyes at 09/03/2016 01:02:36

This Post:
281836.2 in reply to 281836.1
Date: 09/03/2016 04:20:55
Upsyndrome
IV.14
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Upsyndrome II
Yo, hell yeah! What a pleasant surprise! Haha ;)

Edit:

I wtched the full episode. Great job, guys! Very funny and entertaining. Loved it.

-Audio was a tad disappointing, especially on Jason's side; which is unfortunate because I missed the best part -- him talking more about me. ;)

-Khenry was apparently disappointed to be ousted one round before the finals, because in his words, "I just wanted to get smashed by A-Dub." I had a good laugh at that. I'm sure there are many women and even some men whom share your same sentiment.

-Isaiah was unjustifiably "ashamed" to say he doesn't follow the NBBA. Don't be ashamed. It was interesting to hear your perspective. It is hard to be interested in somthing that you're not associated with directly. The USNT also suffers from the same issue in terms of US managers lacking interest. When I was on the outside looking in, I too shared a lack of interest in the NBBA (and NT for that matter); yet even so, I could never quite overlook the dominance of KDB, or Shawn Bowens on that Worlds Gold USNT.

Relating to the same topic, Khenry's perspective was similarly interesting and also refreshing. I am happy to have built a team that, much like KDB inspired me to do, I too, could have the same effect on fellow Americans. In fact, when I built my team I did so with that in mind. There were dominate teams that compelled my attention. KDB was the most significant. The fact that he was representing the USA as our only hope (with USNT players, Goddard + Xermade), in what seemed an impossible feat of a country that has never won a B3 title (but if anyone could do it, it was him). After Brian lost and went bot, I think everyone thought USA's chances of winning a b3 title were lost, too. Then, similarly, Magiker and his buffet of USNT players -- sparked our attention.

I wanted to combined the captivating components of both KDB and TKI to garner the interest and support of fellow US managers. I find that In sports, the dominant presence of super teams provoke interest -- whether it be by love, or hate. Bowens/Hunt was my BB version of Shaq/Kobe. Then came along Simmons and the team took on an alluring, Miami heat "big 3" esque swagger.

Moreover, After the US won it's first Worlds Gold, it was a pipe dream of mine to to form a club team of the greatest US players on that worlds gold winning USNT. I wanted a team of popular US players that US managers would be familiar with and could support. I wanted to make a statement and win our nation's first B3 title with a dominating US presence. I fell just short.

This would have been a fun episode to be apart of, I would have liked to add some things. Thanks for the support during my run, everyone! And great Job with this episode, guys.

Last edited by A-Dub at 09/03/2016 09:21:34

"You will lose." -Ivan Drago

This Post:
281836.3 in reply to 281836.2
Date: 09/03/2016 09:00:58
Overall Posts Rated:
Appreciate the feedback! Very thorough. You'll definitely be on a future episode that hopefully has a better connection.

And thanks to everyone who gives it a listen.

I have 1757 players for sale and I'm $25,835,360 in debt. Buy them at outrageous prices, or be selfish and make me go bankrupt. You decide, BB.

This Post:
281836.4 in reply to 281836.2
Date: 09/03/2016 10:02:53
Arizona Desert Storm
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
-Audio was a tad disappointing, especially on Jason's side; which is unfortunate because I missed the best part -- him talking more about me. ;)

Send me a BB Mail with your phone number, and I will call and leave you a voice mail of me talking about you so you can listen to it over and over :-)

Definitely bummed my connection was so poor....I knew it wasn't great at the time, but listening to the show, I realize that my connection was even worse than I realized. If there is a next time I am on the show, I will go to my office or something and make sure I have a better connection :-)

It was fun to be part of the show and chatting with the guys!

Good luck to everyone in Season 36!

This Post:
281836.5 in reply to 281836.1
Date: 09/04/2016 17:33:37
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh wow my logo actually got chosen lol

This Post:
281836.6 in reply to 281836.3
Date: 09/04/2016 23:49:35
The LA Lions
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Want a bigger arena? Build it.
Wanna draft a superstar? It's all about scoutin' baby!

The ads are awesome! Did you make all the music yourself? Bandwidth issues aside you guys all sound like pros. I liked Jason's behind-the-scenes insights.

This Post:
281836.7 in reply to 281836.5
Date: 09/05/2016 00:00:42
Upsyndrome
IV.14
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Upsyndrome II
Greetings and congratulations,

I am head of the judges committee in charge of reviewing artist's submissions for the FML Radio Live competition. First, let me say that our ultimate objective is to provide viewers with an enjoyable experience. As so, submissions are judged based upon creativity, originality, and overall. . .outstanding-ness? of art.

As an art enthusiast, I pride myself on my abilities in my respective profession. And I must say, of all the years I've spent reviewing artwork, yours -- by far, is the worst; never before have I seen such lack of attention to detail; sloppiness; poor color choice and image quality. I mean, my god, it's as if your submission was done by a child.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure how your submission was selected, but I assure you it was by accident. Our interns negligently mishandled the prized submission and the delivery man must have mistakenly chose yours.

Unfortunately, it is too late to overturn the selection. Viewers will just have to stare unpleasantly at your appalling artwork.

sincerely,
judges committee

This Post:
281836.8 in reply to 281836.7
Date: 09/05/2016 01:33:35
Overall Posts Rated:
That's a lot of words

This Post:
281836.9 in reply to 281836.8
Date: 09/05/2016 02:02:41
Upsyndrome
IV.14
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Upsyndrome II
A proper response would have been:

:(

Edit: You need to log into discord so I can read that message to you verbally. The verbal comedic delivery is so much funnier.

Last edited by A-Dub at 09/05/2016 02:09:18

This Post:
281836.10 in reply to 281836.5
Date: 09/05/2016 16:04:48
Milwaukee Lethargy
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Miłwaukee Lethargy
Oh wow my logo actually got chosen lol

Guess A-Dub wasn't ready for that yet. But his kids are gonna love it.

This Post:
281836.11 in reply to 281836.7
Date: 09/05/2016 16:09:15
Milwaukee Lethargy
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Miłwaukee Lethargy
Now please give your give your critique of Christopher Wool. Here's a few sample images:

And the $29.9 million: