BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - IV.64 > MVP discussion

MVP discussion

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/27/2018 19:18:31
Overall Posts Rated:
Since this was once previously mentioned, I wanted to give this topic my two cents on this topic. So without further ado, here's who I think are some possible candidates to win, with the likelihood they do.

Longshots:
Vladimir Bayramov: I'll start with the one player on my team who I think has any shot at this award. His scoring on a team that is one of the top teams in league IV.64 puts him in the discussion, but due to his lower scoring down the stretch and some very inefficient games, I wouldn't give him a great chance.
Tomo Plot: he's leading the league in rebounds, is averaging an impressive 2.8 blocks per game, and is on the second best team record-wise in IV.64, but given that he isn't a 20 point per game scorer, I wouldn't give him a great chance.
Elias Baldriz: similar case to Plot, except his stats aren't as good

Legit shot, not THE frontrunner:
Onur Mete Kizilbey: seems to be the engine that runs the H2G offense, leads IV.64 in scoring, but there's another team engine on another team that I'm looking at as frontrunner for MVP
Johannes Gerhardt Gaugl: the only reason I don't think he'll get MVP is his team's record; still, the fact that he's in the leaderboard in points, rebounds, AND assists gives credence to his MVP case
Jim Gifford: his stats and team's record give him an MVP case, but there's another guy on his team who I think is the...

Frontrunner: Kristopher Sloan: third in the league in scoring and second in assists. The engine driving a 21-1 team that got stronger down the stretch. Also helps that in one game he had a 40 point triple-double and in another game was 2 points and an assist from a second 40 point triple-double.

other notes: there were good teams that didn't have a player in here; that's because my criteria was a combination of stats and team performance, and some of the top teams seem to rather than have one particular player that can be pointed to as the engine, statistically it seems more like all the players contribute towards the "team engine" and as such, no particular one guy has "MVP stats"

This Post:
292893.2 in reply to 292893.1
Date: 03/27/2018 20:47:48
Overall Posts Rated:
HALFTIME: We trail Hard2Guard 31-61. Just ugly basketball, should have never went with playoff normal.

This Post:
292893.3 in reply to 292893.2
Date: 03/27/2018 21:03:45
Overall Posts Rated:
I think all the playoff games are blowouts at the half. For one, Hooch decided to press my team...and idk why, and we're up big. Big Beavers held it down for a quarter...then had an ugly second quarter.

This Post:
292893.4 in reply to 292893.3
Date: 03/27/2018 21:38:30
Overall Posts Rated:
Getting chippy at the end of my game; Pettri Pirhonen was assessed a technical foul with about 2 minutes left and has to sit now

This Post:
292893.5 in reply to 292893.4
Date: 03/28/2018 10:07:46
Overall Posts Rated:
It was a fun game, but I fell.. 2nd quarter was a complete disaster. See you next season!

This Post:
292893.6 in reply to 292893.3
Date: 04/09/2018 16:07:24
Overall Posts Rated:
My pg and shooting guard are not ready yet. If I can get them up to par i can do alot winning in stead of 5/50 result. I have no Bench pg training just take so damn long. Also Im getting a new computer. So those are my excuses till net season

This Post:
292893.7 in reply to 292893.1
Date: 07/01/2018 00:29:56
Overall Posts Rated:
I decided to bring this back again and discuss the MVP candidates this season.

Longshots:
Elias Baldriz: the best player on the #1 ranked team in the Big 8, his impressive but not amazing stats make him only a longshot to win the award
Leopoldo Joya: one of the league leaders in rebounding but doesn't have the scoring to back it up in terms of MVP votes
Mortiz Tilge: Good efficient scorer on a 19-6 team but doesn't really have anything else to go with it
Eric Bouquillon: same as Tilge except on a 21-1 team

Legit Shot, not THE frontrunner:
Johannes Gerhardt Gaugl: stat sheet stuffer on a .500 team. Backpacks for his team like no other player in this league with maybe 1 exception
Dositeo Cousido: that exception is this man, who I've mentioned several times as a guy who can get buckets in bunches at any time in the game. Other than Sloan last year, the most electrifying offensive player I've seen in this league.
Clint Watson: being 3rd in scoring and 5th in assists in the league being on a 21-1 team makes you a legit MVP candidate. That being said, he's the #2 candidate on his own team.

Frontrunner:
Arnulfo Jándula: He's second in points and first in assists in the league while being on a 21-1 team. Even though he choked away the end of the game in their 1 loss, his stats and team record are too good for him not to be the MVP frontrunner.

Other Notes: Big Beavers, who impressed with how strong they looked down the stretch, had 3 good players who I considered in the first segment but their stats weren't quite up to par with everyone and they have more of a committee approach than a guy who's a clear best player. Hard2Guard had no guys with eye-catching stats except for Plot with his rebounding, but even then his numbers last year were definitely better; they, instead, had a beautiful scoring by committee approach that lead to 3 guys cracking the assists leaderboard. Finally, we get to my team where there was no clear dominant player either; unlike last year, where Bayramov had the scoring stretch surpassed only by Cousido's brilliance this season, there was no big-time force on the team that warranted MVP consideration even as a longshot.