BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Coach didn't follow orders?

Coach didn't follow orders?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 04/19/2018 22:26:44
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not sure how to retroactively see what my orders were, but in my cup game http://www.buzzerbeater.com/match/100863439/boxscore.aspx I'm pretty sure I had "strictly follow depth chart".

I see my starting C only had 2 minutes, so i assumed he got hurt. No biggie...

what i'm more concerned about is that neither of my starting trainees (PG and SG) got their full 48 even though i have them set across the board in their respective positions just like i did in my earlier scrimmage. Additionally, to check the settings I went to a future game and Loaded tactics from the game above and it definitely says "strictly follow depth chart"

So what gives? does an Injury, even at a different position, automatically change the coaches orders?

This Post:
293889.3 in reply to 293889.1
Date: 04/19/2018 23:49:37
Overall Posts Rated:
It's because you had 10 players rostered for the game.

Something is wrong with the lineup like that, if you're training 2 players in a game you should have 8 players rostered if you want your trainees to get 48 min

My recommendation
PG
1.Trainee 2. trainee 3. trainee
SG
1. trainee 2. trainee 3. trainee
SF
1. starter 2.backup SF 3. backup SF
PF
1. starter 2. backup pf 3. backup pf
C
1.starter 2. backup c 3. backup c

Like you said you had strictly follow depth chart, which is a must for 48 min, you also want to select let them play so they dont get taken out in foul trouble.

Also if I can make a recommendation, for training the best tactics are slowest paced tactics (patient, princeton, and low post)

On the Defensive end you're going to want to play 3-2 or 1-3-1 zone.

All of these tactics are meant to slow the game down decreasing chances of a player fouling out.

This Post:
293889.4 in reply to 293889.1
Date: 04/20/2018 08:25:34
Overall Posts Rated:
You had garbage time and if you have garbage time the coach will sub in the entire bench as long as there are backups.

This happens irrespective of who you select in the depth chart and of the sub pattern you choose.

So if you have 2 trainees you always have to limit your bench to 3 men. When garbage time happens, the coach can only sub 3 guys and if you selected these 3 as backups at other positions they will normally play there. This way your 2 trainees will be left in.

In your game you had 5 backups and in garbage time they all played 12 minutes. The stating C got injured after 2 minutes so the backup played the entire time also before garbage time. Everything here worked as expected.

There are some bugs also, but it's pointless to discuss them here, since your problem is really having too many players selected for the game.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 04/20/2018 08:28:53