BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - III.3 > Season 45

Season 45

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/30/2019 13:34:53
Overall Posts Rated:
Extremely excited for this season y'all! Anyone who's been here for multiple seasons have a scouting report / a way too early write up for how they think things will turn out?

This Post:
298162.2 in reply to 298162.1
Date: 02/06/2019 13:05:00
Rip City Revival
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Rip City Utopia
Glad to see some activity!

This is a really strange season in the sense that we actually have two former teams back in the mix. We're welcoming back Wild Storms and [Insert Name], both of whom I'm sure are lamenting their placement back in both this league and in their particular conference.

To start the Great 8 is once again an extremely deep conference and I predict that we'll see them have the better inter-conference record.

League Final Contenders: Great 8
Rip City, Tallahassee Technicals, Brick Masters, Jungle Fever

TT - my favorite - this team is built, and in it's prime. Loaded up with high potential and high salary talent. This is an experienced manager who has been in DII and twice made the final 32 of the Cup. I look for this team to make a solid run this year toward promotion. They have weapons everywhere. The only knock might be training focus as it is sometimes a challenge to balance this many high potential players. Still it's a problem I'd be happy to take on myself!

Rip City - I've been here quite some time. This is a transition season for me with more 30 year olds than I'd like. I'm not quite sure where I'll be going with this roster. I'm in a constant state of guard evaluation. I'm solidly entrenched in the development of my young big(s), but now that my PFs are 32, and I failed to get to D2. . .well it's going to require some reevaluation. I'll contend for sure. Currently focused on acquiring some depth for the Cup. This is a guard-heavy team with versatile bigs.

Brick Masters is a traditionally tough team. They are built to shut you down defensively (as you can see from their listed players). This team is high in OD/ID and can defend all 5. They typically look to play inside, but even knowing that they still finish top 4. It will be interesting to see what they get in the transfer market and what they build as a result.

Jungle Fever - the geriatric gentry will be interesting to watch. This is a really old team, and it has to be slipping in skills week by week. Still there's a ton of salary and you have to suspect a lot TSP to work with. DII relegees tend to have cash on hand and hate losing. We usually see them active in the second half of the season depending upon record. This could be a wild card franchise with some roster turnover throughout the season.

Playoff Contenders

[Insert Name], Wadsworth Grizzlies

I'm looking for a renaissance season from [Insert Name] after promoting back into the league again. This is a squad that has already been in this league and I think will surprise.

Wadsworth has a monstrous frontline with their three-headed 23 year olds. Guell and Smellik look like solid D3 guards. This team might actually be better than we think, though the early loss to Brick Masters is what puts them in this tier.

Maxing Out Their Draft Investment
Wild Storms, SoulThriptych of Eumenides

Wild Storms - one of my favorite managers. Active, positive engaging and deserving of every chance. I hope there's some cash in this franchise. As-is the roster just doesn't pass the sniff test to be competitive.

SoulThriptych of Eumenides - I would be surprised if they win a game. I hope they don't get discouraged and go bot. This is a team that shouldn't be in DIII. Bank that promotion money, max out your draft investment, train the heck out of your team, build out your arena and stay positive. We've all been there.

This Post:
298162.3 in reply to 298162.2
Date: 02/06/2019 21:38:52
Rip City Revival
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Rip City Utopia
The Big 8 will be more competitive top to bottom than the Great 8 this year. It may another situation where only a few games separate multiple teams. I predict that Kentucky will once again be the 1 seed. My darkhorse is Superstars, should they decide to play their guns.

League Final Contender: Big 8
Kentucky Wyldcats

Kentucky -Awesome rotation with a steep drop off after that, which can cause some game shape issues, especially if they catch a deep Cup run. Miranda could see some heavy minutes. Still this is a team that competes with every team in the league when matching up their top players. Returns from making the Finals and the clearcut team to beat

Playoff Locks
Asteroidal, UT-Vols

Asteroidal - This team's salary distribution is really old. If Gavilan can stay out of foul trouble against teams with dominant bigs then they'll have a chance at moving up into the league contenders. The young players are years away from helping, and the 20 somethings aren't enough on their own. There's probably still a lot of firepower, but this is likely a team that is slipping fast.

UT-Vols - This franchise could make some noise. With a clear top end player, a starting 5 all above 25k salary, and a clearly defined 8 man rotation. Their key player, Samardzic is in his prime at 29 and Xiangjie is only 25 at 42k salary. With 13 wins a season ago this team missed the playoffs by an 8 point margin. They'll contend for homecourt in the first round.

Hoping to Win Relegation or Make the Playoffs
Pyramid of Success, Waterloo Sky High, Cockfighters

Cockfighters - Off to a good start the team appears to be built around solid defense. Vanazzi, Saar and Ripoll as a "Big 3" will keep them competitive, but they may run into another situation like their 4th against Wyldcats when they get into interconference play and teams with deeper salary teams that will neutralize their stars.

Waterloo Sky High - Some solid players, but overall they may be lacking in the depth they need to stay up at DIII. Keep an eye on Lanny Stone, a 21 year old superstar who must be getting looks from the U21 NT. He'll make major gains in season, and it could be enough to make them a factor come playoff time.

Pyramid of Success - It comes down to training and development for this team. There's talent and potential, but you can only train so many guys. This team could contend, but with 25 guys on its roster. . .

Will They Start Managing Their Team?
Super Stars

Superstars - A 100k plus player and a stong showing last season. This former DII manager hasn't asserted themselves this season. So watch out. This is a big wildcard.

Maxing Out Their Draft Investment
Timequake - This isn't a bad team. It's just not as good as everyone else. Depending upon how other managers navigate their seasons, This squad could overachieve by default. A solid backcourt extends to the wings, but their depth drops off, and it doesn't seem like the top end talent is on the same level as a franchise like the Wyldcats.

Last edited by Jbogroff at 02/07/2019 09:32:55

This Post:
298162.4 in reply to 298162.3
Date: 03/04/2019 12:44:43
Rip City Revival
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Rip City Utopia
Awesome win Pyramid - truly competitive greatness

This Post:
298162.5 in reply to 298162.4
Date: 04/11/2019 14:44:32
Rip City Revival
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Rip City Utopia
Hey group,

Really great playoff race we've got going on both sides of the brackets. Each top 3 is within striking distance of each other. I got drubbed by Brick Masters at their place by 32! That team always has my number!

Should be interesting coming down the stretch.

The race for 4th is also interesting with both sides having 10 win teams followed by 8 and 7 win teams.

Nothing stopping those 10 win teams from climbing up the rankings and those 7 and 8 win teams are still in the running.

Every game counts!

Good luck to all!

This Post:
298162.6 in reply to 298162.5
Date: 04/20/2019 22:26:08
Overall Posts Rated:
Asteroidal's Stentardo went off for 77 points against us in the season finale. Appears to be a league record! Congrats!

This Post:
298162.7 in reply to 298162.6
Date: 04/20/2019 22:35:23
Overall Posts Rated:
His 4th quarter was insane. He had 37 points in the 4th. Team came back from being down by 17 with 8 minutes left, and he basically scored every point.

This Post:
298162.8 in reply to 298162.1
Date: 05/05/2019 23:42:25
Overall Posts Rated:
Congrats to Rip City! Well deserved. 2 OT in the final game, wow

This Post:
298162.9 in reply to 298162.8
Date: 05/06/2019 09:02:05
Rip City Revival
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Rip City Utopia
Thanks man. Great battle, tough series. Bummed about your PF going down in the Championship. I've seen injuries play a role in deciding these playoff and championship games too many times. I wish they'd lower the risk factor for those deciding matches. I'm excited for the promotion bonus and the increased revenue, though not necessarily feeling like my squad is deep enough, or has the top end talent to compete. This is the year that I get super old in my non-training positions. Hoins didn't train as well as I thought he would this year, though Pong might have made up for that. I'm not expecting to stick in D2 (just being realistic), but who knows maybe I'll figure something out.

This has been a great league to be a part of, and I wish the best to everyone in the league!

This Post:
298162.10 in reply to 298162.2
Date: 05/12/2019 15:33:54
Overall Posts Rated:
i'm trying to get out of debt and make some money. nobody is buying my players though

This Post:
298162.11 in reply to 298162.10
Date: 05/12/2019 18:34:49
Overall Posts Rated:
They're overpriced