Unnecessary players

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/02/2021 02:59:26
Hortatus
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I play in an Italian IV series, the last one in which there are active users for quite a few seasons now.

Today I noticed something quite curious that I had never noticed:
The 3 bot teams in my series have more players in the roster than all the other 13 (261 players vs 159 players).
I guess due to the fact that every year they acquire players in the draft, but no matter how bad or good they do not fire, they sell any and so they accumulate.

Indicatively we are talking about 20-25 seasons of players accumulation.

What I asked myself is:
Will the same happen in other countries as well? Because I imagine that in all the fourth Italian series they are put in a similar way without the natural turnover of managers that has been happening in recent seasons.

And then the second question I asked myself was:
To count every week the variations of shape, of skills (even if only decimals downwards), of end-of-season processes in update salary, age, and the many other things that do not I thought or that I just don't know what the game does to update players; doesn't it burden all the calculations that the game has to do on a weekly basis? Going to slow down the whole process?

If this happens, can't you think about blocking bot team rosters? Or even make bot teams "uniform" to make them virtually neutral in the upgrade process?
(This would also eliminate the random factor from matches, giving standard values ​​to all bot teams)

Anche tu a caccia di "Riconoscimenti"?! Vieni in federazione: Achievements hunters (fedid=19269) (solo per supporter, se non lo sei e hai dubbi chiedi pure, spero di poter esserti di aiuto)
This Post:
311672.2 in reply to 311672.1
Date: 10/02/2021 08:23:53
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Yea, a lot of both teams are like that. I'm actually in favour of having the cheap ones fired off at the end of the season. Maybe keep a maximum roster of 15? I don't really think it's any use to have all of them in the roster.

That said, that would mean seeing a few players in my old team (which has 70+ players and players in their late 50s) disappear forever, which makes me a little sad coz I'm kinda sentimental, but then it's only logical that we have a maximum roster size for bots.

This Post:
311672.3 in reply to 311672.2
Date: 10/02/2021 13:38:57
Hortatus
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, of course I was speaking only for bots, even if personally I would put a limit (maybe it already exists, but maybe it's so high that it doesn't bother anyone ..)

In any case, in the rosters there are always and in any case a maximum of 30 players; you can put them in order in various ways (name, surname, age .. etc ..), but always 30 .. making a very numerous roster even difficult to manage ..

Returning to us I would put a limit for the bots and even a little more than those necessary for the games .. or as I said before, put a "John Doe" with fixed characteristics (which do not snap) and whose shape does not need to update every week .. saving energy to the game ..

That is, only in the fifth Italian series, there would be like 350,000 useless players of bot teams who every week need updates that nobody cares about ..

Anche tu a caccia di "Riconoscimenti"?! Vieni in federazione: Achievements hunters (fedid=19269) (solo per supporter, se non lo sei e hai dubbi chiedi pure, spero di poter esserti di aiuto)
This Post:
311672.5 in reply to 311672.3
Date: 10/02/2021 22:32:37
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, of course I was speaking only for bots, even if personally I would put a limit (maybe it already exists, but maybe it's so high that it doesn't bother anyone ..)

Yea I was referring to bots to. My previous team is a bot team (and in another country, I still visit it from time to time xD)

But then, personal sentimental views aside, it would be a logical idea to have 30 players max and I agree that it theoretically should lighten the load of the servers. I assume it shouldn't be hard to just keep the top 30 highest paid players by the time salary updates (meaning anything after that is released). That should at least have some systematic way in releasing players, other than randomly releasing them.

Last edited by BuzzRBeater at 10/02/2021 22:33:19