BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Skill level diminishing returns?

Skill level diminishing returns?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 06/09/2023 20:46:54
Andersonville Alligators
IV.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Is there a point in certain skills where going past a certain level doesn't make any sense? Trying to understand where to stop training various skills.

Thanks.

This Post:
319467.2 in reply to 319467.1
Date: 06/10/2023 15:32:08
Overall Posts Rated:
In my opinion, Passing and Rebounding aren't worth the cost after a certain level. For example, I'd probably never have a player with 20 PA or 20 REB. Not only am I currently unable to afford such, I could probably find another player that is more salary efficient.

The salary of such a player would be very expensive unless they specialize in something (defensive, limited shooting ability, etc). Along with that, I think a manager would be better off having good passing at every position than only having his 2 guards with high PA and everyone else with low PA.

This Post:
319467.3 in reply to 319467.1
Date: 06/10/2023 18:30:51
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
It depends on the skill, and I think the example above of PA and RB are good ones for most people. If you look at the transfer list for JS >= 20, you will find dozens of players. If you look for PA >= 20 or RB >= 20, there currently aren't any available.

I don't think skills have diminishing returns on the court necessarily, but it's the training time and how much it takes up in salary/potential that are important factors. If you're building a PG then PS gets really expensive after a certain level. If you're building a PG then you might want lots of IS as it's cheap for salary purposes, but at higher levels the training becomes very slow for short players, using up time you might want to train other skills.

If you have specific trainees in mind for your question, then you could post their player id and what type of player you're trying to build, and people could suggest good skill levels to train your player to.