Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/10/2023 22:07:21
magicas cotorras
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
artificial unhealty

Hello. Throughout all the seasons of the game, there have been multiple changes to it. Formulas such as salary, game engine, potentials, and match simulation have been altered.
I would like to suggest and find out what others think about creating a classic Buzzerbeater server that allows newer players to experience the original gameplay, as well as allowing older players to revisit the game experience that initially caught their attention exactly as it was.

Last edited by Speechless at 07/10/2023 22:18:42

This Post:
319619.3 in reply to 319619.1
Date: 07/12/2023 07:25:47
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
We've got people complaining about the training system being slow even though its super fast now. Can't imagine any "newer player" would want to go back to the times where you pay double the salaries and have half the training speed (and that is if you're lucky enough to have a level 10 trainer). On the other hand I guess we don't have to worry about players capping.

This Post:
319619.5 in reply to 319619.4
Date: 07/18/2023 10:58:43
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
You just proved my point. Imagine if you went back to season 3 mechanics, I'm sure you would lose your mind. And yes, it is super fast if you compare it with the season 3 mechanics.

A player needs at least to be 27yo to be a minimum competitive in the higher leagues,while in real life a23 yo that doesn't make the difference is a fail.

Not sure where you got that info, but based on the training diversity thread, a HOF player can hit the cap by 25 years old if you use a level 6 trainer and level 6 youth trainer. I'm sure 140+ TSP would be enough be to competitive in higher leagues.

How many 25 year olds are as good as Jokic, Giannis, and Kawhi? Jokic hit his peak at 24-25, and started playing basketball at age 17. That actually gives him 1 extra year of training compared to the youngest BB draftee. Giannis peaked at around that age too, and he also played pro basketball at 17. As for Kawhi, despite him winning the FMVP in 2014, he actually won it because he locked down LeBron. His peak was around 2016, which was around the same age as Giannis and Jokic as well. So to actually say "a 23 yo that doesn't make the difference is a fail" is completely false. Very few players hit their peak by 23. Luka Doncic is one of them, but he's been playing organized basketball since he was 8. He was already pretty far ahead when he hit 18, which is the age where 5 ball rating prospects in BB only have the skill of benchwarmers and role players.

Even all-stars like Shai Gilgeous Alexander and Dejounte Murray hit their peak at 25, and they are JUST all-stars. YET they are good enough to be starters in play-in/playoff teams. How many Allstar potential players do you see as starters in Div I teams? And the both of them aren't even considered superstars.

Also which league in the world would you actually see several teams of Curry, Kobe, Kawhi, Giannis, and Jokic in the starting lineup while Durant and Harden warms the bench? Most (if not all) playoff teams of competitive Div Is literally have 7 hall-of famers at their peak. You don't even see that in any pro league other than the All-Star Game.

So snap back to reality and look at the facts. Don't just make sweeping statements with nothing to back it up.

Last edited by BuzzRBeater at 07/18/2023 11:10:18

This Post:
319619.6 in reply to 319619.1
Date: 07/23/2023 02:59:32
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
The first GE had a bug in the values at the end of the matches. Training JS there was a boost in the value in OD so personally I thought to have solid value in OD and I didn't train a lot. Don't remember exactly but I think the bug has been fixed on season 5 or 6. Then to boost the game for one or two seasons there was a double training, players grew up faster.
In my opinion GE is still not well balanced, in the past was worse than today

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et