BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Scouting

Scouting

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/28/2007 16:00:41
Overall Posts Rated:
hi i'm new and i was wondering on what day you get your youthplayer?

This Post:
4281.2 in reply to 4281.1
Date: 10/28/2007 16:13:01
Overall Posts Rated:
The draft occurs during each offseason. About two or three weeks before the offseason, you'll be able to see the results of all the scouting you have put in, and set your desired draft order accordingly.

This Post:
4281.3 in reply to 4281.2
Date: 10/28/2007 16:14:03
Overall Posts Rated:
ok thx

This Post:
4281.4 in reply to 4281.2
Date: 10/28/2007 17:04:25
Overall Posts Rated:
The draft occurs during each offseason. About two or three weeks before the offseason, you'll be able to see the results of all the scouting you have put in, and set your desired draft order accordingly.

so I am new, i should wait a while before I put money in scouting?

This Post:
4281.5 in reply to 4281.4
Date: 10/28/2007 18:07:36
Overall Posts Rated:

I am new too. To add on to his question, if we should start scouting now, how many players per week should we scout? Thanks.

This Post:
4281.6 in reply to 4281.5
Date: 10/28/2007 18:11:20
Overall Posts Rated:

I am new too. To add on to his question, if we should start scouting now, how many players per week should we scout? Thanks.

I think i wait and se how it goes....sace money and so on...

This Post:
4281.7 in reply to 4281.6
Date: 10/28/2007 18:49:58
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not going to tell you how many players you should scout per week. I will tell you, however, how the draft works, so that you can decide for yourself.

There are 48 players in the draft, which comes out to three rounds for the 16 teams in your league. Each player can be scouted twice. The first time you scout a player, you discover his "star rating", which is a rating from one to five of, generally, how good the player will be. The second time you scout a player, you will receive a more specific "grade ranking" (i.e., from A+ to F), along with the player's best attribute, and how high it is. You cannot choose the players you scout; they will be picked randomly.

A couple weeks before the draft, you pick the order in which you want to draft prospects, based on the information that you've gleaned from scouting. When the draft is run, the highest available player on this list will be given to you in each round.

It's up to you to decide how much emphasis you want to put on scouting. It's definitely a balance between keeping your weekly budget afloat and trying to figure out who is the best player available.

This Post:
4281.8 in reply to 4281.7
Date: 10/28/2007 18:54:11
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not going to tell you how many players you should scout per week. I will tell you, however, how the draft works, so that you can decide for yourself.

There are 48 players in the draft, which comes out to three rounds for the 16 teams in your league. Each player can be scouted twice. The first time you scout a player, you discover his "star rating", which is a rating from one to five of, generally, how good the player will be. The second time you scout a player, you will receive a more specific "grade ranking" (i.e., from A+ to F), along with the player's best attribute, and how high it is. You cannot choose the players you scout; they will be picked randomly.

A couple weeks before the draft, you pick the order in which you want to draft prospects, based on the information that you've gleaned from scouting. When the draft is run, the highest available player on this list will be given to you in each round.

It's up to you to decide how much emphasis you want to put on scouting. It's definitely a balance between keeping your weekly budget afloat and trying to figure out who is the best player available.

thx, i got a pretty nice overview now!
I think in the beginning (now) I will wait and se how my economy is first:

thx

This Post:
4281.9 in reply to 4281.4
Date: 10/28/2007 23:19:20
Overall Posts Rated:
I wouldn't put very much money into scouting.

Each team is given information about different players, so even if you have the 16th pick, you might get your top choice, because most other teams won't know that he was any good. You also don't get very much information. I started towards the end of last season, so had only a minimal investment, but got two players who started for me. Also, since everyone drafts at the same time (it was only one week ago), there are likely to be a lot of players available on the TL soon afterwards.

This Post:
4281.10 in reply to 4281.9
Date: 10/29/2007 00:28:18
Overall Posts Rated:
I wouldn't put very much money into scouting.

Each team is given information about different players, so even if you have the 16th pick, you might get your top choice, because most other teams won't know that he was any good. You also don't get very much information. I started towards the end of last season, so had only a minimal investment, but got two players who started for me. Also, since everyone drafts at the same time (it was only one week ago), there are likely to be a lot of players available on the TL soon afterwards.

yeah oki, thx

This Post:
4281.11 in reply to 4281.5
Date: 10/29/2007 06:14:15
Balls of Steel
IV.10
Overall Posts Rated:

````````````````````````````
the rules make a good point of telling you that if you are dropping to the bottom of your league, then it is more worthwhile to spend money on scouting as you will have better players to select. just something to think about....