BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Acceptable threshold for playing time?

Acceptable threshold for playing time?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/02/2007 01:41:07
Overall Posts Rated:
I've looked over the rules and the forums, and I can't seem to find an answer to the question. I mean, I know 48 minutes/week is the standard for full training and that going too far over will negatively impact a player's performance the following week.

Still, have the rest of you more experienced managers found a general threshold of playing time? Is it 96 minutes/week, or is it not as clear-cut? I want to have my 5 best players start for both my league games each week, but I won't be able to do it if they'll be hurt for the next few weeks.

Hopefully I made my question clear enough. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This Post:
5402.2 in reply to 5402.1
Date: 11/02/2007 01:58:20
Overall Posts Rated:
48 minutes is the line for optimal training. Anything over that amount doesn't really negatively or positively affect your training that much. Your could have a player play 150 mins in a week and he would still get good training. What would suffer is his "Practice this Week" Practice this week is like form, it would impact how well he plays in games. I usually play my starters for both of my league games with no problems. They get 70-80 minutes most of the time and sometimes over. Anything above 90 mins and "Practice this week" will suffer. Playing 48 mins will get you a respectable Practice this week but it can go higher. I believe it goes up to proficient which I have reached from 70-80. I can't remember exactly...been awhile.

This Post:
5402.3 in reply to 5402.2
Date: 11/02/2007 02:14:24
Overall Posts Rated:
I think you've answered my question - thanks! I knew from the rules that it didn't affect training, but only how well they'd play in games if they got too many minutes in a week.

Now I've just got to mess around with the tactics and find exactly what best suits my squad...