BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Cyprus > [NAT] Latvija - Cyprus

[NAT] Latvija - Cyprus

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 01/03/2009 13:22:03
Overall Posts Rated:
Well... I'm still not happy about match against Scotland, I know that I couldn't do better than this, but I really hope to reach victory... the first in European Qualification Tournament...

I aspect to loose this match, obviously, in the range of 112-77.

I'm happy about game shape this week and I have to thank all National Team Players' managers about that.

So... Let's take a look about Latvija:

Centers: 7

Medium Wage of 51.368 $. Best player is (at the moment) Laimonis Bukis because of a strong game shape..
Medium Game Shape 7.3 and Zeberins will be out for a week. Probably best player Dainis Vuškans is only mediocre as game shape level and it's a good thing for me :-)

Small Forwards: 3

Medium Wage of 21.930 $. They have not wondrous Small Forwards.
Medium Game Shape 6.7

Guards: 7

Medium Wage of 19.875 $. Best Guard is Janis Jumtinš, but he's not too with a good game shape. His wage is 8 times Rinokeros wage... that's incredible.
Medium Game Shape 7.9 that could shake the cards.

Latvija's coach richinsh plays by 5 seasons and it's now on Virslīga (I.1 of Latvija) with BK Litriņš. He's a good experienced manager that usually plays Man to Man on defense and Look Inside as offense.
I think he could miss all tactics but he could win as the same. :-)

I hope for a last good miraculous match of our Cypriot Players :-)

Steve Makis

Cyprus NT Manager

Last edited by Steve Makis™ at 01/03/2009 17:51:06

This Post:
67006.2 in reply to 67006.1
Date: 01/05/2009 17:09:01
Overall Posts Rated:
Well... we loose 138-99... Latvija try something different I expect, but if for many reasons he gains some advantages, for other reasons my choice to play 2-3 was right.

It was right because we capture 20 rebounds more than Latvija team in a both run & gun match, with pressure as defense by richnish (Latvija's Manager).

Next year, good players like Dramalis, Genaridis, Ritsos, Fanos and Spetsiarias could be recruitable for Senior Team and other players like Papazachos, Valsamidis and Solomos could be something new in my team if well trained as this moment. I hope that these players will still trained because we still need their improvements.

Next year I will be more tactical, because I will write my decisions after the beginning of the match, so opponents couldn't see my opinion and my research work.

MVP:

Vassilis Vlahos (again!) 8/18 from the field (44%), 22 rebounds (4 offensive), 4 assists on 42' on the field, 19 points for a 8.5 as evaluation

Could you write too about your MVP