BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Canada > Will Bargnani ever be traded?

Will Bargnani ever be traded?

Set priority
Show messages by

To: RiP
This Post:
74095.2 in reply to 74095.1
Date: 03/29/2010 12:13:46
Overall Posts Rated:
hopefully

To: CS
This Post:
74095.3 in reply to 74095.2
Date: 03/29/2010 12:17:17
Overall Posts Rated:
Let Chris Bosh GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Post:
74095.4 in reply to 74095.3
Date: 03/31/2010 15:10:06
Overall Posts Rated:
y on earth do that?

This Post:
74095.5 in reply to 74095.4
Date: 04/05/2010 11:06:15
Overall Posts Rated:
think of the possibilities we could have if we sign and trade chris bosh, what can we get and who can we sign.
I think that the raptors are great this season, they have alot of young and athletic players (derozan/weems/wright/amir) These players still ahve potential to grow.

The major point in having a star palyer is to be a major contributor on the offensive end, as well as add heat on the defensive end.

Therefore, Bosh put up numbers on the offensive end, but it seems like the starting lineup for the raps doesnt even know how to spell the word defense.

I think, if we let bosh walk, or even better, S&T him for some good defensive minded starters, then build the team around bargnani's offense, then we will have players who can score, and many defensive minded players. And hopefully we can boot Turk or motivate him, or even boot calderon in the off season.

Booting calderon for a more defensive minded PG ( even Jack has problems on the defensive end) and Maybe get banks more minutes, He really is a gritty player and a good defender.

Now, above i stated the having bargs as a primary scorer would be good for the raps. This kinda funny seeing as i posted this in a topic that is somewhat meant to insult him. However the fact is, Rip88 posted that over a year ago, and somehow its been brought back. (and i cant believe that im writing so much right now, i am quite bored but im also hoping to stir up some activity between us canadians on these forums) Bargnani has develop greatly, one of his problems, is that he palys with Bosh. Bosh and Bargs are both PF's, neither is a true C, which is one of the reasons bargnani gets man handled inside the paint.

But in the end, he is a [B]Decent[/B] defender. He is quicker than most C's and many PF's. And I feel he is definetly and underrated player.

My proposal.

-Fire triano, get someone who knows how to motivate players (having turks 50 mil but sitting on the bench is doing us no good)
-Sign and trade Bosh for a real gritty C and some defensive minded players.
- sign weems, wright and johnson ( i believe 2 of them are expiring)
-hopefully have bargs develop over the offseason and have him play his post up game a bit more, i believe he's quick enough.

1 ball me
5 ball me
ignore me
bash me
praise me
and tell me what u think.

I cant believe i wrote so much

This Post:
74095.6 in reply to 74095.5
Date: 04/05/2010 11:40:56
Syndicalists' BC
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
IMO bosh is far better and brings far more heat on the defensive end than bargnani, and would much rather build around him (even if it is for max. money) than bargnani. I'm actually hopeful that bargnani's value is high enough to package with turkoglu or calderon to get another star player... I think turkoglu would have to waive his trade kicker though. Amir Johnson and Wright are expiring, but I doubt they'll be resigned unless we clear salary elsewhere.

This Post:
74095.7 in reply to 74095.6
Date: 04/05/2010 12:15:46
Overall Posts Rated:
amir and wright should be resigned because they were 2 of the few bright spots in the season.
And yea, alot of things are possible because of trade value on this team, allthuogh many things are limetid because of the lack of play of some of these players recently.

And a point i was trying to get across was, with Bosh this summer, almost anything is possible, we have so many options that the organization can try, hopefully none will turn out as bad as signing turkoglu did.

Obviously seeing what we can get for Bargs is another option the team has, im just hesitant on seeing if it will come close to equalling what we can have if we deal Bosh.

This Post:
74095.8 in reply to 74095.7
Date: 04/05/2010 21:06:25
Overall Posts Rated:
i really think Bosh has to use us in a sign and trade if he wants max money on a contending team which hopefully gives BC some options this summer to add a scorer and some much needed D. As for the Turks and Calderon thing i like Jose but not at his Number since he lacks D and i agree something gotta happen with Turk either some serious motivation or try and move him also!

This Post:
74095.9 in reply to 74095.8
Date: 04/21/2010 08:21:07
Overall Posts Rated:
Is it just me or do we seem to be talking about PG platooning issues every season. I thought that was the reason we dealt Ford away...and we are right back here again. Either Calderon or Jack is good enough to be our starting PG or they aren't, simple as and BC needs to make a call on this.

If they aren't then I could see us pulling a sign and trade with Bosh for a good/consistant PG and a pick...that is of course unless he resigns.

This Post:
74095.10 in reply to 74095.9
Date: 04/21/2010 10:10:48
Overall Posts Rated:
in BC's after season Q&A he says that the combo of Jose and Jack didn't work and that it needs to be addressed this off season

This Post:
74095.11 in reply to 74095.10
Date: 04/21/2010 10:53:25
Overall Posts Rated:
Ya, but he's said that before about Calderon and Ford...and look what happened after that Jack=deja vu.

We need some bangers, someone who is going to grab us 10 boards a game. I still think that we would have been a playoff team if we had resigned Marion instead of wasting all that money on Turks...was never a fan of that signing from day one.