Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
140186.10 in reply to 140186.9
Date: 04/11/2010 09:09:29
Overall Posts Rated:
Injuries
1. How do I prevent an injury?

Injuries occur randomly. However, when a player receives an injury the time that it takes to get back to full health is dependent on the doctor level that you have. The higher the doctor level the quicker the player will return back to normal. Some injuries can just be for that match, some might last a week and some might even last 5 weeks. Injuries are not the result of bad game shape or anything like that. However, the more minutes you play, the more time the player is on the court and hence the more likely he is to be injured.

2. “The injury said it was for 1 week but it has been more than 1 week. Why?”
This is because the time is an estimate. It is just like the arena construction estimates and can often be shorter or longer than first estimated. Another reason might be because 1 week can mean anything from 1 day to 13 days and so although it says 1 week, this is because it has been rounded to 1 week.

Last edited by Naker Virus at 04/11/2010 09:25:25

This Post:
140186.11 in reply to 140186.10
Date: 04/11/2010 09:09:57
Overall Posts Rated:
Staff
1. What are the best staff levels to have?

For most managers, especially new ones, a trainer level of 4 (advanced) is the recommended trainer due to its cheap signing bonus and cheap salary. A level 5 trainer is thought to give an extra 2 weeks of training per season compared to a level 4 trainer.

The ideal PR manager depends on a lot of circumstances, but a PR manager of level 3 is generally good enough for most new managers.

The ideal doctor level is very much dependant on the level that you are playing at. A new manager could probably survive with a level 3 or less, however at higher levels where players are far better in terms of skills, and the competition is a lot closer, higher level doctors are required so that players are not being injured for 2 or 3 weeks.

2. What are the specialties and does level affect how good the specialty performs?
The different types of specialties can be found here: http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/rules.aspx?nav=Staf...

Note that the level of a staff member does not affect the effectiveness of the specialty. This means that a Level 2 PR manager with National Appeal specialty will affect your opponents home court advantage as much as a level 7 PR manager with National Appeal specialty.

Last edited by Naker Virus at 04/11/2010 09:26:18

This Post:
140186.12 in reply to 140186.11
Date: 04/11/2010 09:10:20
Overall Posts Rated:
Forums
1. How to find more forums?

In this forum, on the left hand side, if you look towards the bottom there is a link that says “Find more Folders”. Click on that and it will take you to a list of forums that you can look at.

Last edited by Naker Virus at 04/11/2010 09:26:45

This Post:
140186.13 in reply to 140186.12
Date: 04/11/2010 09:10:41
Overall Posts Rated:
Tactics
1. What tactics are good against other tactics?

Listed below are some of the offensive tactics and the defensive tactic that is best used against it. Obviously this is generalised, and may not be best for your team if you have weaknesses in particular areas of the game.

Offensive Tactics................. Corresponding Defensive Tactic
Base Offence...................... Man to Man
Push the Ball....................... Man to Man
Patient.............................. Man to Man
Look Inside ........................ 2-3 zone
Low Post............................ 2-3 zone
Motion............................... 3-2 zone
Run and Gun...................... 3-2 zone or 1-3-1 zone
Princeton........................... 3-2 zone or 1-3-1 zone

For more information on tactics visit: http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/rules.aspx?nav=Tact...

Last edited by Naker Virus at 04/11/2010 09:28:49

This Post:
140186.14 in reply to 140186.13
Date: 04/11/2010 09:11:06
Overall Posts Rated:
Scouting and the Draft
1. How much should I spend on scouting?

This really depends on the situation you are in. If you are in a league full of bots then it might be well worth it to spend some decent money on the scouting process because chances are you will still get your first pick. If you are in a higher league with human competitors, then it depends on where you think you will finish on the ladder at the end of the season. If you think you will finish towards the bottom, then it is well worth spending a lot of money on the draft as you get one of the first picks and so chances are you will get someone good. If you think you will finish top and promote then it might not be worth scouting at all, or maybe just spend 5k a week. It is a balancing act. In terms of value for money, scouting 10k a week seems to be a good way to go as it doesn’t cost you much for the whole season, and you still get a decent look at the draft.

2. Why can’t I see the draft at the moment?
The draft isn’t available until the end of the regular season. More information will be available in forums closer to the date.

3. “I can see the draft, but when I scouted this week it did not add anything extra to the draft info. Why?”
Once the draft has become visible for you, any scouting done is for the next draft. So you are not wasting money by scouting now, you are simply scouting for the next seasons draft.

Last edited by Naker Virus at 04/11/2010 09:29:42

This Post:
140186.15 in reply to 140186.14
Date: 04/11/2010 09:11:31
Overall Posts Rated:
Merchandise and TV contract
1. What affects merchandise?

There are many ways to increase your merchandise income. Having local players increases merchandise sales and having local draftees (ones you got from the draft) increases merchandise. Also, the better the players are the more your merchandise increases. Winning games increases merchandise while losing games lowers it. Having players that are also on the National Team or National U21 Team will also increase merchandise.

2. What is the TV contract and how is it calculated?
The TV contract is something that all teams get in all leagues. All the teams in a particular league get the same amount of money from the TV contract. Higher divisions get more income from the TV contract. The TV contract is calculated at the beginning of each season depending on what league you are in and how competitive your league is and stays the same for the entire season.

Last edited by Naker Virus at 04/11/2010 09:30:21

This Post:
140186.16 in reply to 140186.15
Date: 04/11/2010 09:11:52
Overall Posts Rated:
Players and Potential
1. How does potential work?

Potential acts as a cap on training. Different potential levels cap out at different skill levels. So an MVP can be trained longer than an Allstar potential player. There is a rough salary estimate corresponding to the cap for each potential level, but at the moment this is somewhat outdated due to the recent salary increase. Once the skill set of a player reaches a particular point that is equal to the potential level of the player, training really slows down and it becomes ineffective to train the player anymore.

0 Announcer: < 6k
1 Bench warmer: < 6k
2 Role player: < 11k
3 6th man: 13-15k
4 Starter: 23-26k
5 Star: 36-44k
6 AllStar: 47-70k
7 Perennial allstar: 88-110k
8 Superstar: 137-160k
9 MVP: 215-250k
10 Hall of famer: 500k+
11 All time great: 1M+

The above is a rough estimate, and is not entirely accurate now because of the recent salary rise. Once there is an updated version I will post it here.

2. “My player had a drop in stamina. Why?”
All players will experience random drops of stamina throughout their careers (generally 1 per season). This cannot be avoided and has nothing to do with game shape or training or the number of minutes played. You can always train stamina back up if you wish.

3. “My player had a drop in his main skills. Why?”
When players reach their 30s they tend to experience random skill drops. As they get older (33 years onwards) this becomes increasingly more common. So if your player had a drop in skills it is because he is old.

4. What is DMI?
DMI stands for deliberately meaningless index. It is very heavily dependent on game shape, and many managers ignore it. However, it can be a useful way to guess how good an opponent’s player’s skills are without being able to see the actual skills.

4. "My player keeps fouling out. Why?"
There are a number of reasons that could be causing this. The first main reason is that the player is a bad defender. Bad defence means the player will try and stop the other player from scoring or getting past and this will result in a foul. Training up the defence can easily solve this problem. The second major reason is that all players have a hidden attribute that is called their 'physicality' atribute. This attribute is basically how aggressive the player is. The more aggressive the player is, the more fouls they are involved in. There is no way to lower this hidden attribute. If you are unhappy with him constantly fouling out then you may just need to sell him. Conversely, you can try playing different tactics which often affects how many fouls are committed, or you could try playing the player at a different position to see if there are less fouls then.

Last edited by Naker Virus at 04/12/2010 11:43:24

This Post:
140186.17 in reply to 140186.16
Date: 04/11/2010 09:12:19
Overall Posts Rated:
I would like to thank Superfly Guy, who has produced some great information that is posted later on in this thread. To go there now click: http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thr...

I would also like to thank RiP88, who has also produced some great information for new players which he has posted later on in this thread. To go there now click: http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thr...

Last edited by Naker Virus at 04/12/2010 14:21:23

This Post:
140186.18 in reply to 140186.17
Date: 04/11/2010 09:51:55
Overall Posts Rated:
Great stuff.

Some overlap with the game manual but this would have been very useful when I first started as it answers many of my initial questions. One point though, I believe scrimmages do affect enthusiasm as they count as a game playing at normal level. Meaning that if you have an elevated enthusiasm (7-8 for example) this will drop after the scrimmage. Conversely your enthusiasm will increase if it is depleted. I recall reading that in a thread but someone please correct me if this is wrong (because then I will change my enthusiasm strategy!)

To: GWgw
This Post:
140186.19 in reply to 140186.18
Date: 04/11/2010 09:54:51
Overall Posts Rated:
Playing a game on normal has the same affect as not playing a game at all. The movement back towards 5 happens on off days as well.

This Post:
140186.20 in reply to 140186.18
Date: 04/11/2010 09:56:56
Overall Posts Rated:
Cheers, yes some of it is in the game manual but a lot of people don't bother reading the game manual so I thought I would cover it here as well.

If you read the section on enthusiasm I explained it there, let me know if it isn't clear though.

I'll explain it here anyway just in case.
Playing at normal has NO EFFECT on enthusiasm. So if you didn't schedule a scrimmage the enthusiasm would drop exactly the same amount as if you did play the scrimmage. Every single day enthusiasm gets a little bit closer to 5, so when you see the enthusiasm change after the scrimmage, you might think it is because the scrimmage made the enthusiasm lower, but actually the scrimmage had no effect. the enthusiasm drops back down all by itself.

Advertisement