BB Global (English) > International Competition

International Competition

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
173944.10 in reply to 173944.9
Date: 2/10/2011 4:57:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
as I may have mentioned I am not very experienced with the international teams at all. I knew the basic powerhouses and that's about it. I didn't even know the format of the tournament. Either way I love to see this :P. Slovenija and Ceska Rep. Is a tough matchup to pick between,i thought that Slovenija had the advantage I guess I was wrong. By what you guys have been saying it sems Slovenijas minor advantage with primary skills wasn't enough to overcome their disadvantages at the secondary skills. I did pick Osterreich beating Crna Gora though!

I'd also like to note that I will most likely have very limited computer access this weekend and I may not be able to get the writeups done,but I will definitely try my hardest to get them done :P

you can not know everything :) but you consider a lot for watching so many teams, and i just watch our group and the other ones only through your reports so i should be able to see more details in it and i also know rwystyrk a bit *gg

ABout Beamer question if they are so special i don't know, but i am quite sure that they also beat the big nations in the secondarys but yes the primarys are weaker - but they are a more serious competion then you think after the first view and afaik it is easier for rwystyrk ask for extra training for his guys.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 2/10/2011 4:59:42 AM

This Post:
173944.11 in reply to 173944.9
Date: 2/10/2011 4:57:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The reason of why Slovenia has lost could be easier: (26712.393). Looks like their coach just accidentially has chosen wrong tactics.

This Post:
173944.12 in reply to 173944.8
Date: 2/10/2011 7:42:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

How is Ghana's team BTW? It looks like you finally have a few players that are getting serious and dedicated training.

If Ghana finally had decent players,it's because Mitico Cobra start a fantastic work in Season 12 with very poor starting material and with the help of his staff,that change during the various seasons,makes in a first moment the U21,and consequentely the NT team decent

In Africa the work is very hard,because the fact that there are few users,give an hard limit to the number of player with decent basis,so coach's work it's not only to manage the players he has,but he had to be careful to the team that become bot,to find and save every kind of player that can look decent,and to convince the managers to train players with less basic skills,age and potential that a lot of trainees all over the world(often we had to do an heavy work also for the 19years old to make available other players for the future,and I can say you that it's difficult find someone that has the will to train a 19yo with star or all star potential and not great starting skills),only to be able to manage a decent numbers of players to use in the games
If you look at South Africa U21,you can see how much this work is difficult.I started my experience as U21 NT team scout with BlackMouse in South Africa at nearly half of Season 12,and we made an awesome work leaving to the actual coach a team able to win for the first time the African torunament with the 20yo that we develop in the previous seasons.If you check SA actual ratings,you can see that they heavily falls down from last seasons,because in this kind of countries you have great difficulties to find players every season(in the last season draft where I was still with South African staff,from the draft we have almost no decent 18yo big man to develop),and you have great difficulties to develop them(often the users of those countries are unexpereienced and/or almost inactive)

This Post:
173944.13 in reply to 173944.12
Date: 2/11/2011 10:25:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There is a fairly heated debate going in the NT coaches forums and I thought I would bring the topic over here to get some input.

When two teams have a mutual agreement to TIE is it cheating, specifically in International Competition? And if one team breaks the agreement is it worse or just more gamesman ship?

I personally think TIE agreements are very unsportsman like are they negatively effect the other teams in the pool or division. So when someone breaks them I think it is rather humerous...

This Post:
173944.14 in reply to 173944.13
Date: 2/11/2011 11:09:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't think mutual TIE is cheating in leagues, not sure about in international competition though.
If one team breaks the agreement on purpose then that is very bad in my opinion.
I wouldn't go around mailing teams in my league to play mutual TIE, but if I am friends with a couple of people in my league then I see no reason why we shouldn't play TIE against each other.

This Post:
173944.15 in reply to 173944.13
Date: 2/11/2011 1:32:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
When two teams have a mutual agreement to TIE is it cheating, specifically in International Competition?

It is not cheating at all.
Personally I find it unfair. The other coaches find it fair. This topic usually leads to 50+ useless posts where users are trying to prove their point of view and still each of them doesn't change his own.

As for me mutual TIE proposal shows the weakness of the coach first. Such a coach is so stressed by trying to decide about the enthusiasm schedule that he needs to use the way of the weak-minded coach. Proposing the mTIE means that in case of positive answer you know that your opponent almost for sure plays TIE and don't bother about choosing E. If you get the negative answer - you know your opponent almost for sure will not play TIE. So that you get the info in "morally illegal" way. Not answering to such a proposal almost means the negative answer.

And if one team breaks the agreement is it worse or just more gamesman ship?
I find it as a normal way of how to stop such proposals. No other way can be useful.

No need to argue with me. I have my own feeling of it and I would not change it. That's my strong position. No need to prove anything to me.
And finally it just a game.

This Post:
173944.16 in reply to 173944.15
Date: 2/11/2011 1:34:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What about if there are 2 friends in a league, and they play each other this week. Are you saying you and your friend wouldn't agree to play TIE against each other?

This Post:
173944.17 in reply to 173944.16
Date: 2/11/2011 2:09:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
First of all the games at NT level differ from the games at usual level due to a number of games.
What about if there are 2 friends in a league, and they play each other this week. Are you saying you and your friend wouldn't agree to play TIE against each other?

What about if you play in the league where there are 2 friends who play mTIE so that they get a little advantage. I don't like such situations and I don'w want my opponents to get it. I don't bother if they do it, that's their business, but I'm just too fair all my life to do the same.

This Post:
173944.18 in reply to 173944.17
Date: 2/11/2011 2:15:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If there are 2 friends in a league I expect that they would do it, not saying they should or that it is fair or anything, I'm just saying that I expect that it will happen. But in saying that, I don't think it is cheating either. It is a bit like daytrading I think, some people don't like the idea of it and think it is cheating, but in reality it happens and is good for the teams that do it.

This Post:
173944.19 in reply to 173944.9
Date: 2/13/2011 9:21:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm sorry everybody I cannot get the writeups done,ive had limited computer access and I have had health issuesin the family. Ill try and get writeups for the last tw weeks of games and predictions for the next round of games asap.

This Post:
173944.20 in reply to 173944.19
Date: 2/17/2011 12:40:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The game writeups for two weeks ago are going to be a bit shorter :P

Pool A:
Norge 66 Italia 95
Italia put up some unreal ratings in this one! Both teams used the same effort so that could've been TIE or normal. POTG: Leonardo Biondi had a game high 20 points, to go with an 18.0 rating and 5 rebounds.

Luxembourg 79 Hrvatska 163
Wow, never thought id see an awful rating in a NT game. Oh wait its luxembourg, nevermind. This game was really never in question. Luxembourg even put more effort into this one. POTG: Maks Zakula had a game high 27 points on 12-16 shooting to go with a +60 plus minus, 11 rebounds and a 16.5 rating.

Belarus 94 Turkiye 110
Belarus got off to a good start,but the Turkiye took over like they should have. POTG: Alpetkin Tuna was the catch of the day posting 20 points, 6 assists and 4 rebounds to go with a 17.o rating.

Bulgaria 131 Latvija 119
What is up with Latvija? I expected them to do better than this. Don't get me wrong BUlgaria put up some great ratings although they used more effort, but Latvija just isn't cutting it right now. POTG: Mark Lamov had 13 points and 12 rebounds to go with a game high 19.0 rating.

1.Italia(1) 4-0 465 304
2.Hrvatska(3) 4-0 497 375
3.Türkiye(2) 4-0 486 364
4.Latvija(4) 2-2 514 459
5.Bulgaria(5) 1-3 410 450
6.Belarus(7) 1-3 432 485
7.Norge(6) 0-4 331 410
8.Luxembourg(8) 0-4 329 617

Turkiye 119 Bulgaria 109
Turkiye +21 rebounding advantage was obvious in this one. Bulgaria put up a fight. Bulgaria was leading at half, but that halftime speech really got into Turkiye and they came out as a new unit and totally took over. POTG: Sirri Yakutoglu put up a game high 19.5 rating, a game high 34 points, a game high 14 rebounds and did it on 15-18 shooting, easy choice.

Italia 124 Belarus 94
Belarus has great inside ratings, game in, game out. They are just too weak on the outside to be a threat and it hurts them. POTG: Nazzareno Li Mandri had 24 points and a 19.0 rating in this one.

Hrvatska 104 Norge 95
Hrvatska put up some ratings that could be threatening to Italia and Turkiye, but not threatening enough I dont think. Norge put up a good effort in this one, but in the end it wasn't enough. POTG: Mijo Topic had a game high 29 points, a game high 18.5 rating and a game high 5 assists.

Latvija 169 Luxembourg 105
WOAH,Luxembourg scored 100+ points? Latviaj really isn't having a good tournament. This is rattling. Either way another blowout loss for Luxembourg and did anyone expect different? Luxembourg did put up a rating above respectable...POTG:Martins Lubarts had a 13.5 rating a team high 29 points and 5 assists.

My predictions:
Turkiye(41) at Italia(24)
BIG GAME. The winner of this game is almost guaranteed a top two spot. Italia has a preety good GS situation and they could try a few things. Turkiye also has a pretty good GS update. I have to go with Italia cause I ranked them higherand they have HCA, but this could come down to tactics. My pick: Italia.

Latvija(31) at Hrvatska(26)
Another big game. I think Hrvatska needs to win this one if they want to advance past the first round. Latvija has had a weak tournament so far and I don't think that will change. Hrvatska had a GS update that could make them go with an outside offense,but we'll see what they do. A whole bunch of respectables for Lativja and that could spell the end for Latvija, while I already think it is over for them this game should be the nail in the coffin. My pick: Hrvatska.

Luxembourg(96) at Bulgaria(50)
Bulgaria are the recipients of the free win award this week. This is about as predictable as Lakers vs Cava- ohh wait.. :D. My pick: Bulgaria

Norge(65) at Belarus(54)
If Norge can stand up against Belarus' inside attack then they could win, other then that they got no chance. My pick: Belarus.

Last edited by Bballin at 2/17/2011 12:40:36 AM

Advertisement