Injury Speed (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
21282.13 in reply to 21282.12
Date: 03/27/2008 21:09:24
Overall Posts Rated:
They said that doctors will have an effect in determining two things:
- The length of the injury, so better doctor -> shorter injuries.
- The injuries during a match not becoming real injuries, so better doctor -> more chances of having the player healthy after the match.
The problem is that we cannot see whether doctors are working properly or not, because we cannot compare the result we see (with our doctor level X) and the result we would get with a better or worse doctor level...

¡Me aburro! (Homer Simpson)
This Post:
21282.14 in reply to 21282.13
Date: 03/28/2008 01:51:16
Overall Posts Rated:
So does that mean that doctors don't help a player heal faster? Because that seems the problem thus far, as one of my players still has an injury of one week for the past week, and i have a lvl 8 doctor. you'd think that doctors would help a player get better faster, but it doesn't seem to be the case right now. i understand newton07's point, but i also agree with WFU that the application of the current injury system doesn't make sense. If the injury is for a certain number of games, then put the injury in terms of games. But if the injury is for a certain period of time, it make sense to do as we have now. I think doctors should help a player heal faster, but that's just me.

This Post:
21282.15 in reply to 21282.14
Date: 03/28/2008 03:20:01
AS Barroom Heroes
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Lone Pine Productions
So does that mean that doctors don't help a player heal faster? Because that seems the problem thus far, as one of my players still has an injury of one week for the past week, and i have a lvl 8 doctor. you'd think that doctors would help a player get better faster, but it doesn't seem to be the case right now. i understand newton07's point, but i also agree with WFU that the application of the current injury system doesn't make sense. If the injury is for a certain number of games, then put the injury in terms of games. But if the injury is for a certain period of time, it make sense to do as we have now. I think doctors should help a player heal faster, but that's just me.

Well, it's you, me, and common sense. What exactly should the primary goal of a doctor be if not help heal an injury faster?
It seems unbelievable that the BBs went through all the trouble of changing the injury system and did not do the most important thing, which obviously is to make doctors help heal injuries faster.
And by the way, I complete agree with WFU as well..if the interpretation of the rule is the one that Newton07 said, then it should have been stated differently. The clear impression you get from reading the editorial is that if you have a 4 week injury, the player will miss 4 games. I don't know why you would interpret it any other way, except if one of the BBs came out and said otherwise.

This Post:
21282.16 in reply to 21282.13
Date: 03/28/2008 03:24:48
AS Barroom Heroes
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Lone Pine Productions
They said that doctors will have an effect in determining two things:
- The length of the injury, so better doctor -> shorter injuries.
- The injuries during a match not becoming real injuries, so better doctor -> more chances of having the player healthy after the match.
The problem is that we cannot see whether doctors are working properly or not, because we cannot compare the result we see (with our doctor level X) and the result we would get with a better or worse doctor level...

Well, in the first post in this thread, WFU03 said that:
After the reduction, he changed to +3. I have a level 10 doctor and, after 6 days, he is still at +3.

I think it's pretty clear that the doctors are not working properly. If I am paying 22k a week for a doctor, I want much more tangible results than just the hope that I will probably have fewer and shorter injuries.
That's because if I am unlucky (like yesterday in my game), and my best player and trainee gets hurt for 4 weeks, he will still miss an enourmous amount of games, and will damage me economically and in terms of results, which is the problem that started the debate in the first place.
I don't know how anyone can be satisfied with the changes if the interpretation given by Newton07 is in fact the correct one.

This Post:
21282.17 in reply to 21282.16
Date: 03/28/2008 03:49:44
Overall Posts Rated:
So you wanna say that if you`ll broke your legs bone so better doctor would cure you in two weeks then there is possible only in month or two... I guess there is Random working... And for getting out of this situation only one really smart conclusion would be implement types of injuries... So wont need to talk about that why injury length not changed...

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=
This Post:
21282.18 in reply to 21282.17
Date: 03/28/2008 04:03:28
AS Barroom Heroes
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Lone Pine Productions
So you wanna say that if you`ll broke your legs bone so better doctor would cure you in two weeks then there is possible only in month or two... I guess there is Random working... And for getting out of this situation only one really smart conclusion would be implement types of injuries... So wont need to talk about that why injury length not changed...

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean here.

This Post:
21282.19 in reply to 21282.18
Date: 03/28/2008 07:27:27
Overall Posts Rated:
I wanna say that`s if your injury is serious so doesn`t matter what doctor you have, he just can`t heal you faster then your body are able to handle by it self... So just think that your player has serious injury... How I said it`s Random for one it`ll reduce for other no... That`s why I said that we could have types of injuries...

This Post:
21282.20 in reply to 21282.14
Date: 03/28/2008 07:30:59
Overall Posts Rated:
What is the difference between "healing faster" and "being injured for less time"? For me it is the same. If you have a better doctor, you will get +2 instead of +4, therefore the player will be playing in two weeks.
And you are saying that you would prefer the player to be injured +4 but with the better doctor +4 becomes two weeks? That's exactly the same result!

If we want to be realistic then the first thing to do is that 1 week = 7 days.
I think the problem is our Hattrick modulated brain. In HT, one week is not 7 days, so doctors have the impressing power of time control!

¡Me aburro! (Homer Simpson)

This Post:
21282.21 in reply to 21282.20
Date: 03/28/2008 08:31:28
Overall Posts Rated:
that`s what I`m trying to say that it`s not possible to reduce time then we now for how long player will be injured... So with better doctor you got chance that your player wont be injured after the match even if he got the injury during the game... Just better doctor are able to use better first aid kit... And be satisfied that you don`t get any full season injuries... Cause in reality that happens more and more often...

This Post:
21282.22 in reply to 21282.9
Date: 03/28/2008 15:04:07
Overall Posts Rated:
Dont worry, I inderstand you...
Look.. lets do it like this..
if a player was +8 (X=8)
then they say that the X weeks injured (8)...will be X games that the player would not play.. (2 plays per week, 8/2=4) so now is 4 weeks with 8 plays missed..

This Post:
21282.23 in reply to 21282.22
Date: 03/28/2008 15:20:28
AS Barroom Heroes
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Lone Pine Productions
Dont worry, I inderstand you...
Look.. lets do it like this..
if a player was +8 (X=8)
then they say that the X weeks injured (8)...will be X games that the player would not play.. (2 plays per week, 8/2=4) so now is 4 weeks with 8 plays missed..

Advertisement