Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
291735.16 in reply to 291735.15
Date: 01/15/2018 11:19:27
Overall Posts Rated:
Tuesday, January 16th

3 I Volt @ 4 Matchstick Men (TV)
This is a made for TV matchup. Both teams are looking to bounce back after disappointing losses on Saturday. I Volt lead the series 7-1 over the last four seasons and hope to extend their dominance. The Matchstick Men’s only victory in the series came last season as the result of forty-two trips to the free throw line. Nearly every statistical category from Ssn 40 favors the ‘Sticks. But I Volt’s overwhelming ability to nail the three is tailor-made to burn the ‘Sticks 2-3 zone. My gut says that despite some hard-fought ballin’, the ‘Sticks leadership vacancy causes them to crumble under the pressure of I Volt’s high-scoring forwards.

2 TicTacShack @ 1 Thunderhorse
In the night’s other marquee game, the Big 8’s remaining undefeated teams butt heads at the Thunderdome. Whereas the Shack’s promotion-ready roster has already vanquished the other two contenders in the Big 8, Thunderhorse, and their still-intact stable from III.6, have yet to face a human-managed team. The stakes and expectations are high, since the winner emerges as the early favorite to win both the conference and the league. Game shape is a mess for most of the top meteorological equestrians. But the Shack have their own issues with readiness, and don’t boast the same raw talent as the home team. This should be a tight game, but I’m gonna call it for TicTacShack.

1 Hot Boyz @ 5 brooklyn knicks
After setting the Matchstick Men ablaze on Saturday, Hot Boyz visit madison square garden looking to entrench their position atop the Great 8. In their only previous meeting, Hot Boyz lit up the perimeter, sinking 20-42 from downtown on their way to a 16-point margin of victory. Expect to see a similar show, with Hot Boyz taking advantage of brooklyn’s 2-3 defensive scheme to launch their way to victory.

2 The Golden Bricks @ 6 Sinking Ships
The Bricks will enter Iceberg Arena as heavy favorites on Tuesday. With a salary base almost twice that of the home team, they could rest their starters and still have enough of a team to be a threat. Captain Mayday is clearly thinking long-term, given that over half of the Ships’ roster is under 21. But long-term gains are made possible by short-term sacrifices. Rufus may need to consider changing the team’s name to The Golden Buckets after this one, because they ain’t gonna be throwin’ up no bricks!

———
In other action…

5 OpTic Nation @ 3 lélé
After last week’s successful charity event, a hack-a-thon will be held at preston arena to build a time portal and send BB-Forrest back to 1986.

7 BuryYourDead @ 4 MeHiCans
Robosaurus will visit the MeHiCans’ arena to chew up machines, burn them with its flame-thrower, and spit them out.

8 Dejags @ 7 The Boxers
Human Rights Watch will host a rally for the “Campaign to Stop Killer Robots” at The Clearing.

8 new york celts @ 6 Bluehawks
And RobotWars returns to Bluehawks’ Golden Globe Arena for the season’s third episode.

This Post:
291735.17 in reply to 291735.16
Date: 01/15/2018 12:06:41
Overall Posts Rated:

1 Hot Boyz @ 5 brooklyn knicks
After setting the Matchstick Men ablaze on Saturday, Hot Boyz visit madison square garden looking to entrench their position atop the Great 8. In their only previous meeting, Hot Boyz lit up the perimeter, sinking 20-42 from downtown on their way to a 16-point margin of victory. Expect to see a similar show, with Hot Boyz taking advantage of brooklyn’s 2-3 defensive scheme to launch their way to victory.

I'm looking forward to this game to see the after effects for Hot Boyz of their CT against Matchstick Men

This Post:
291735.18 in reply to 291735.17
Date: 01/15/2018 13:30:45
Overall Posts Rated:
You and me, both. It'll show whether their start is a fluke or a sign of things to come.

Message deleted
This Post:
291735.20 in reply to 291735.17
Date: 01/16/2018 22:15:49
brooklyn knicks
III.13
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess changing up the offense worked for me. Gonna have to tweak somethings now that I've had 1 1/5 disappointing seasons following a trip to the semi finals.

Last edited by biggest knick fan at 01/16/2018 22:23:02

This Post:
291735.21 in reply to 291735.16
Date: 01/16/2018 23:54:20
Overall Posts Rated:
Well I sure know how to pick 'em...

Congrats to biggest knick fan, Toki Wartooth, and the absent simone7! You shredded my predictions and came up winners.

In my defense, I'm pretty sure I Volt would have beaten the 'Sticks if Santana hadn't gone all thug on Salazar and injured him in the first period.

The knicks are showing some unpredictability, and Thunderhorse has reminded us all that they are the team to beat. A good night of BB!

Looking forward to Thursday's cup matches in the Big 8:
The most interesting matchup is TicTacShack's– not because it's competitive in any way. They host a bot franchise whose former glory includes a stint in the NBBA (Ssn17-21) and an appearance in the cup quarterfinals (Ssn 24).
Thunderhorse hosts a bot.
lélé hosts a bot.
MeHiCans host a bot.
Bluehawks will be botsmashed by a team from IV.19
BuryYourDead will be botsmashed by a team from IV.59

Last edited by Rhyminsimon (USA NT assistant) at 01/16/2018 23:54:48

This Post:
291735.22 in reply to 291735.21
Date: 01/17/2018 12:20:29
Overall Posts Rated:
Once again, for the Great 8, all of the humans drew bots for their next round of cup games. Everyone should win. Next round promises to get more interesting.

This Post:
291735.23 in reply to 291735.22
Date: 01/17/2018 12:30:29
Overall Posts Rated:
It's time for another set of completely subjective power rankings to make all of my fellow managers mad at me!

Season 41 Week 2 Power Rankings

1. Thunderhorse - 4-0 Previous Ranking: 2
Thunderhorse was able to beat TicTacShack @ home, but in an even match-up I expect the home team to win. I moved Thunderhorse to the top of the rankings, but I am not ready to declare them the team to beat until they show that they are willing to log on regularly in order to be able to properly manage their GS and Enthusiasm.

2. TicTacShack - 3-1 Previous Ranking: 1
I have a sneaky feeling that TicTacShack could still be the team to beat if they chose to play to their strengths as they kept it close against Thunderhorse while out of position training one of their guards at center. Having played all of the non-bot teams in the Big 8, they will be coasting for the next week and a half.

3. lélé - 3-1 Previous Ranking: 3
Two easy victories against bots, not a very interesting week for lélé. A matchup next Saturday hosting Thunderhorse will be their last chance for a while to prove they belong with the top two teams.

4. The Golden Bricks - 3-1 Previous Ranking: 5
The Golden Bricks won two games they should win if they want to be the best. However, Matchstick Men's rough week makes their loss last week even more concerning. This team has two big games left in the first set of conference games to prove if they deserve this high of ranking.

5. I Volt - 2-2 Previous Ranking: 6
I Volt continues a disturbing trend from last season of losing all of their close games. This team is better than their 2-2 record indicates. The upcoming game hosting The Golden Bricks can go along way to right the ship.

6. Hot Boyz - 3-1 Previous Ranking: 9
Hot Boyz had a big win at home over Matchstick Men, and seem poised to withstand any negative side effects from their CT, but brooklyn knicks broken a season long funk of predictability and the last undefeated team in the Great 8 fell. Regardless, this was a week where Hot Boyz announced they belonged in the playoff conversation.

7. brooklyn knicks - 2-2 Previous Ranking: 7
brooklyn knicks' management finally took some steps to make their team less predictable and it immediately paid off. The potential is there for this team to play better than they did against The Golden Bricks as proved by their home victory over Hot Boyz.

8. Matchstick Men - 3-1 Previous Ranking: 4
Getting blown out on the road and barely winning at home, Matchstick Men seem like a team that is fading fast. Other teams are starting to catch up and lack of management is starting to hurt this team.

9. The Boxers - 2-2 Previous Ranking: 10
The Boxers were able to pull out a surprising road victory over I Volt with a little bit of luck and the return of the missing feistiness that I mentioned last week. I have a feeling that this team will remain hard to predict going forward.

10. MeHiCans - 3-1 Previous Ranking: 8
Getting blown out by TicTacShack did not do much for the confidence of this team, neither unfortunately did beating up on a bot. This team seems content right now to play second fiddle to the other teams in the Big 8.

11. Sinking Ships - 1-3 Previous Ranking: 11
Sinking Ships went toe-to-toe for the first twenty minutes of their game against The Golden Bricks, but in the end they just do not currently have the talent to keep up with the other teams in their conference.

t12. Bluehawks, BuryYourDead, Dejags, new york celts, OpTicNation
Still bots...

This Post:
291735.24 in reply to 291735.23
Date: 01/19/2018 13:46:53
Overall Posts Rated:
Saturday, January 20th

GAME OF THE NIGHT
1. Thunderhorse @ 2. lélé (TV)
Thunderhorse looks for a second straight win against it's biggest competition in the Big 8. lélé meanwhile really needs this win to prove that they belong, having already lost at home to TicTacShack. While neither team has logged in over the last week, Thunderhorse's GS is a disaster while lélé's is actually pretty good. I think the GS advantage plus being at home is enough for lélé to pull off the upset. Winner: lélé

Big 8

5. Bluehawks @ 3. MeHiCans
MeHiCans wins easily in what is their last bot game of the first half of conference play. Winner: MeHiCans

4. TicTacShack @ 6. OpTic Nation
TicTacShack is lagging behind in PD so far but only has bots left on it's first half schedule. Look for them to quickly close that gap. Winner: TicTacShack

8. BuryYourDead @ 7. new york celts
Two evenly matched teams, with BuryYourDead still... oh wait it's bots. Winner: new york celts

Great 8

1. The Golden Bricks @ 4. I Volt
Despite I Volt's rough week, I Volt is not a team to take lightly, only a season removed from making the finals. On the surface, these teams are pretty even, but in this specific matchup both GS and enthusiasm seem to favor The Golden Bricks. I Volt is not able to catch a break as both of their league opponents this week have their other game against the bot so they can expect the best in both of their matchups. Winner: The Golden Bricks

6. The Boxers @ 5. brooklyn knicks
Who wins this game will come down to what quality of team each manager decides to use as both teams might decide to save something for their cup game. Assuming that both teams play their A team, it looks to be close and could come down to which manager is more adept at predicting their opponents moves and as a result picking the correct tactics/GDP. This feels like a tossup, but the poor GS update for brooklyn's best players might be the tipping point. Winner: The Boxers

7. Sinking Ships @ 3. Matchstick Men
Matchstick Men's GS is predictably poor due to still being in the cup and their manager's inactivity, but it was not as poor as Sinking Ships might hope. If Handy was healthy and in good GS, I might be tempted to predict the upset, but I do not think Sinking Ships has enough to get it done. Winner: Matchstick Men

2. Hot Boyz @ 8. Dejags
Hot Boyz looks to take back over 1st place in the standings with a game against the "Oasis of the Great 8". Winner: Hot Boyz

This Post:
291735.25 in reply to 291735.24
Date: 01/20/2018 23:07:13
Overall Posts Rated:
Nice predictions, Rufus. All of your picks won except the bots, which was a 2-point game. (and who cares about them anyway... they're bots.) You're obviously way better at this than me...

This Post:
291735.26 in reply to 291735.25
Date: 01/21/2018 08:39:20
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not sure I'd say better... My predictions were pretty poor the first two weeks. Looks like both conferences have some good competition at the top. Makes for an exciting season!

Advertisement